Awoo.

Pacific Rim - The Video Game

Blue Wisp

Well, this caught me off-hand. Not the fact that it's getting a videogame, it was kind of obvious. But more like, /who/ are the developers. 

So yes, guys at dat website discovered pictures of a previously-unknown Pacific Rim videogame. Shortly after the discovery, it was listed on the Australian Classification Board website with a M-rating. 

So who's developing this game? None other than Yuke's, the guys that did the WWE games and the Real Steel game for XBLA and PSN. So this game will most likely be released for PSN and XBLA, possibly.

EDIT: *clenches fist at Yuke's*

2ND Edit: To those of you who have missed out on the initial screenshots, we have artistic recreations that get across the look of the game without imposing on any NDAs:

vzqOYmU.png

0JYIpiq.png

lEeQE6L.png

Edited by Nepenthe
The images are leaked, and Yuke's is not happy about it.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Were their other games any good?

If I were a developer I would make the Pacific Rim game a mix of War of the Monsters and RAD (Robot Alchemic Drive). The first was a great city destroying fighting game and the second was a robot simulator where the player remotely controlled a Meganite while running around the city on foot for a view of the monster fighting action. Obviously there wouldn't be that sandbox element here but the idea of a powerful but clunky giant Big O style mecha is always cool to see.

Edited by Get Over Here

Ooooh sign me up, for like what's gonna be a 10 dollar downloadable game that lets you play as all the Jaegers and Kaiju it doesn't look that bad, honestly, will be the perfect cheap game to just pick up and play on a summer day i'm sure, hope it has online multiplayer.

Actually on the subject who else remembers WAR OF THE MONSTERS  for PS2? That game was the best ever, actually reboot it for PS4 please sony.

• Thumbs Up 1

A movie license game which nobody knew about is going to be released in the next few months!

This will be the best game ever!

A movie license game which nobody knew about is going to be released in the next few months!

This will be the best game ever!

So the fact they kept their heads down and just worked on the game before finally announcing it now automatically means it's gonna be terrible and fulfill the 2013 game disaster prophecy?

What if it's fun? If it plays well it is a sucess in my eyes whether or not it gets an online following or not. 

So the fact they kept their heads down and just worked on the game before finally announcing it now automatically means it's gonna be terrible and fulfill the 2013 game disaster prophecy?

What if it's fun? If it plays well it is a sucess in my eyes whether or not it gets an online following or not. 

I say again.

It's a movie license game which nobody knew about thats going to be released in the next few months.

What part of that sounds like a good idea?

The Real Steel game was pretty well in "So bad it's good" territory, or at least the demo was.  The full game just seemed like much of the same.  

I say again.

It's a movie license game which nobody knew about thats going to be released in the next few months.

What part of that sounds like a good idea?

It looks like WWE with Mechas and Kaijus. What could go wrong with that? Besides, we just saw screenpics, so far there's no gameplay video. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Well, in this case it'd be "Don't judge a game by its screenshots" but still. :P

I don't think it will be amazing, but it'll probably be a decent distraction.  You don't get many good mech games of any sort outside Japan anymore, so I'll take what I can get.

Whoever edited in those sketches to recreate the screenshots is a comedy genius. 

• Thumbs Up 5

But who was that mysterious artist? I bet he's a handsome strapping manly man....

cool_f.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

But who was that mysterious artist? I bet he's a handsome strapping manly man....

cool_f.gif

Just looked at the staff forum. Take my block of Milka chocolate I just bought. TAKE IT!

Milka_Alpine_Mil_4c87541909a95.jpg