Awoo.

Game Informer Be Teasing "It's Playstation 4 Extravaganza... featuring Infamous 3"

Badnik Mechanic

Edit 2: And the reveal is....

original.gif

Edit: This reveal is happening today.

Sooooooo....

gameinformerjunensu83.jpg

They have said it's the longest cover story since GTA4.

They have confirmed that it is not "The New Bethesda game" which has been teased a few times this week.

They have also just done a GTA 5 cover story, so it's unlikely to be that again.

So then SSMB... what is it? And who will buy the magazine when it turns out to be Sonic Generations EX Plus Alpha?

No really, anyone got any ideas? Besides Shenmue 3 and Half Life 3?

Knowing Game Informer: Some sort of generic FPS game. Probably gonna be CoD: Ghosts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I did wonder if it would be COD, Only it's quite unusual for a new COD game to be announced via a magazine and not by a trailer, yeah technically it has been announced, but we've not seen it yet.

Does it specifically say it'll be a game announcement? Could just be an insane amount of new detail for GTAV, perhaps? I know they've already done one, but with it being this year's biggest game I wouldn't rule it out completely.

It's anyone's guess at this point.

Oh wow, that certainly changed the game (no pun intended).

The only things I can think of are (like you said) a PS4 line-up reveal of come sort, a new Wii U or Vita line-up reveal (their horrific game droughts being the reason this is a big feature?) or something entirely un-related to the big 3. Oculus Rift games? 

I'm stumped.

Reports are coming in apparently it changes the game's ending, like what they did with the original Portal when Portal 2 was revealed. Could be bullshit mind.

I dunno...the fact that they said 'this isn't a typical one game story for us' kinda throws me off. Unless...

HALF LIFE 3, TEAM FORTRESS 3, PORTAL 3, LEFT 4 DEAD 3, ALL COMING 2013 lolno

Not long now!

Well one of you go play the game and find out already!

I dunno...the fact that they said 'this isn't a typical one game story for us' kinda throws me off

Maybe the Phantom is finally getting released?

Though I still suspect it's a Sony thing.

OmAFHsc.png

So it's still happening just... not... now... .. ... ... This is all your fault you know.

OH FUCK OFF!

It's Infamous Second Son.

/Not joking.

Frankly, I'm really surprised by how well Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party has done in Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am amused by how Second Son looks ridiculously bland and generic on that cover. If you're gonna use a monotone colour palette, go all the way and Frank Miller/MadWorld the fuck out of it or not do it at all.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm excited for the game but that was a bit of a let down.

And the cover is pretty ugly/bland, which we all know the game will not be.

I am amused by how Second Son looks ridiculously bland and generic on that cover. If you're gonna use a monotone colour palette, go all the way and Frank Miller/MadWorld the fuck out of it or not do it at all.

Is red really that much better than yellow?

And highly stylized, don't forget about that. Limited colour palettes generally just make 'realistic' aesthetics look like garbage unless the artists really know what they're doing, and more often than not, they don't.

So are we getting Half-Life 3 or what?

If we are, probably not here.

I expect we might see something of HL3 later this year or into 2014, as it will have been a decade since HL2 launched.

I don't really see anything actually wrong with the cover but ok.

Nor do I. It's just an art style, and isn't taken from in-game assets. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but I don't see what's so bad about it.

I don't really see anything actually wrong with the cover but ok.

Needs moar dynamic colors.

Needs moar dynamic colors.

Such as what? And don't say red...

Untitled-1.png

Bleh.

Edited by Black Raven
  • Thumbs Up 1