Awoo.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Patticus

Taken from VG247:

Wolfenstein: The New Order announced, out in Q4

WTNO.jpg

Bethesda has announced Wolfenstein: The New Order for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and next-gen systems during Q4 2013.

yX7EVae.jpg

The FPS is set during Europe during 1960, in a timeline in which the Nazis won World War 2, and B.J. Blazkowicz is instructed to launch a counter-offensive against the evil doers.

Players will enter Nazi strongholds, battle enemies, control “super weapons” in which the suited foes use to “dominate earth and beyond.”

In development at MachineGames as rumored earlier this year, the studio is made up of former Starbreeze Studios members.

Gamespot will have exclusive news of the game posted everyday this week.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/07/wolfenstein-the-new-order-announced/

I've never properly played a Wolfenstein game, they never looked like something I'd be interested in, but this looks and sounds really interesting; the classic (or cliche, depending on how you see it) alternate reality where the Nazis win WW2, the flash forward in time, the mech tech - it all looks really good. I know that some will be quite wary of the change in setting, but with the Darkness' developers on board this could be something special.

• Thumbs Up 2

Another game released for every console under the sun....except for the Wii-U, fucking radical.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 8

Another game released for every console under the sun....except for the Wii-U, fucking radical.

It said next-gen consoles, you know.

Apparently the Wii U isn't "next-gen" enough.

The Wii-U is next gen and will always will be, like how the Wii is current gen despite not being as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox 360.

This is the best gaming news I've head in a while! The last Wolfenstein game released in 2009 was awesome :) Though too many achievements focused on the multiplayer, which was obviously dead faster than Lindsay Lohan's career. The story was somewhat good with some decent humor thrown in.

The last boss kind off sucked though; it had a basic pattern, rather than just blow his fucking head off like a boss in an ID franchise should be! Other than that, I would recommend Wolfenstein (2009)

• 3 weeks later...

Debut Gameplay

I like the looks for it. never played Wolfenstein, but the idea behind this has me intrigued.

I'm not really a Wolfenstein kind of guy, but that looks really good. I like the whole alternate history thing it has going, and the way they've incorporated a whole bunch of stuff that the Nazis really were planning on doing in the event of their winning the war. Retro-sci-fi awesomeness. It's definitely looking like a must-have.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a second helping!

E3 Trailer

It's mostly Live-Action, but again the trailer has me intrigued. I do like sci-fi, and I do like crazy "what-if" stories. And of course shooting games that have a lot of freedom.

I'm a little tempted to try some of the past Wolfenstein games to at least see what they were like.

Edited by Zen YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's a second helping!

E3 Trailer

It's mostly Live-Action, but again the trailer has me intrigued. I do like sci-fi, and I do like crazy "what-if" stories. And of course shooting games that have a lot of freedom.

I'm a little tempted to try some of the past Wolfenstein games to at least see what they were like.

Most of them can be found on ebay for cheap. I also think all of them are on Steam. The games are Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory: Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein (2009).

I've only ever played Wolfenstein 3D and the 2009 game but if your a fan of either Quake or DOOM, you'll be sure to enjoy them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Aussehen! More Wolfenstein from Gamescom!

My interest in this game just rekindled. With so many titles being announced, I just forgot about it. It was great to see an update on this. If anything the single-player will definitely have some sights to see, and the story seems like it will be engaging as well. Really hoping for that on all fronts.

No Multiplayer.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125286-Bethesda-Explains-Missing-Multiplayer-in-Wolfenstein-New-Order#0FolLAgcEPC5Ljwu.99

Totally fine with this, as long as the single-player delivers.

• 6 months later...

Forgotten that this game was in the works? Me too, for a bit... but Here's a bit more on Wolfenstein!

A trailer that was released sometime ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1hjIMSGv0&list=UUvZHe-SP3xC7DdOk4Ri8QBw

On a train to Berlin sneak peak.

The Nazis seem to be bilingual, but lean more to speaking German than English, with is a very nice touch. Overall, I'm interested in this game all over again. Can't wait to see a bit more of what they have to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

New trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibkBs8C5P-g

Game looks damn good, will absolutely get it.

nowhere to ruuuuuuun baby