Awoo.

3D Sonic the Hedgehog coming to eShop

Autosaver

Look at us, being nice and civil - looks like those Sonic Says segments worked! happy.png  

• Thumbs Up 2

But we have no idea if this is a Taxman/Stealth one or just another emulation

You're right...what if it's like......like.....LIKE THIS

Sonic+the+Hedgehog+Genesis.jpg

You guys just aren't reading the signs.

This latest Sonic 1 rehash reported by Sonic Retro guarantees that Sega is planning something big, really big for 2d Sonic.

We just have to buy BOTH versions of Sonic 1 so the future good of the franchise is secured. If you don't buy both versions then you must hate Sonic and don't want good things for him.

I'm not talking out of my butt on this, Sonic Retro told us this and they are geniuses with their pulse on all things Sonic.

1367904332607_zpsa3b9eb49.gif

Your mad does amuse me, though.

To answer a few questions though:

-This has nothing to do with what Team Stealth Tax is up to.

-SoJ and SoA consistently work on projects autonomously from each other. The fact they're both doing Sonic 1 things is actually hilarious and rather status quo on the lack of communication between branches.

-This is to celebrate the 25th Anni of the Mega Drive launch, so again... no shock Sonic 1 got picked.

If you guys want to pick this up if and when it's out in the West, that's all you. Retro stands by what it said for the other Sonic 1 project, and when SoA finally decides to talk about it a little more, you'll likely agree as well.

Edited by GeneHF
  • Thumbs Up 6

Speaking of which, I wasn't fond of the whole Retro issue from the Taxman remakes thread being brought up here, not only because it hadn't really shown up in any significant form before then considering we're not even aware of the extent of Taxman's involvement on this one, if any, but especially because staff had already squashed it in the original thread in the first place. Let's not turn this particular topic into a frackas about what Retro may or may not want anyone to do by supporting this port.

• Thumbs Up 4

If you guys want to pick this up if and when it's out in the West, that's all you. Retro stands by what it said for the other Sonic 1 project, and when SoA finally decides to talk about it a little more, you'll likely agree as well.

First murmurs, then severe backpedaling, now more murmurs. I just hope your right on that. 

But Nepe is right, different topic and should be dropped now we have confirmation the two projects are completely separate.

considering we're not even aware of the extent of Taxman's involvement on this one

About that:

Yeah, this is a different team (M2 I think? They did the previous 3DS classics iirc).

Nah, that was handled by The Creative Assembly / Sega Studios in Australia. M2 have been doing the recent XBLA Mega Drive releases like ToeJam & Earl and 3DS stuff.

Just thought I'd back up what GeneHF said. Team Stealth Tax has no involvement with this.

Edited by goku262002

I posted that at roughly the same time Gene edited his post above mine, so I already knew. xP

Meh, not interested. I'll just get the Taxman version. 8[ Besides, the 3D will probably just be depth added to the background or something, so nothing special.

Meh, not interested. I'll just get the Taxman version. 8[ Besides, the 3D will probably just be depth added to the background or something, so nothing special.

And now your not getting it it will turn out to be completely 2.5D with stunning 3D backgrounds and 3D bolts and flying metal towards you when you defeat them. ;)

I really wish this and the other SEGA 3D classics titles (plus the rest of the Virtual Console Game Gear titles), would get released in Europe/US. Totally unfair for stuff to all be Japan exclusive, especially when its digital stuff...no good reason for it to be.

I saw the topic title and was all excited.

And then I read all the posts.

Ah SEGA, when are you going to give the fans a new game?

I saw the topic title and was all excited.

And then I read all the posts.

Ah SEGA, when are you going to give the fans a new game?

Eventually, most likely E3 though.

Also I want that 3D Sonic 1 port.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a bit off-topic but i'm always fascinated by Sonic's sales figures.

I wonder how many copies of Sonic 1 have been sold since it's release in 1991? Apparently the original Mega Drive/ Genesis version sold around 15 million copies(!) mainly because it was the pack-in game for the SEGA Genesis. The mobile version a few years back was also said to have sold 8 million and if you count the Sonic and SEGA collections over the years (Sonic's Genesis Collection, Sonic Mega Collection etc.) plus it being sold on the virtual console, Xbox live, iPods etc. Sonic 1 must be one of the most circulated games of all time!

Edited by Nowhere Man

Maybe a bit off-topic but i'm always fascinated by Sonic's sales figures.

I wonder how many copies of Sonic 1 have been sold since it's release in 1991? Apparently the original Mega Drive/ Genesis version sold around 15 million copies(!) mainly because it was the pack-in game for the SEGA Genesis. The mobile version a few years back was also said to have sold 8 million and if you count the Sonic and SEGA collections over the years (Sonic's Genesis Collection, Sonic Mega Collection etc.) plus it being sold on the virtual console, Xbox live, iPods etc. Sonic 1 must be one of the most circulated games of all time!

I thinks it's Sonic Team's goal to have Sonic 1 on every system ever made.

Xbox, Xbox360, ps2, ps3, pc, genesis, master System, game gear, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, Dreamcast, PSP, PSV, IOS, Android, Mobile Phones, steam, and Saturn

Nothing on Dreamcast though. They can just ask Taxman to port it and put it up for download :P

Am I the only one who's not disappointed at all that it's not a new Sonic game, and instead disappointed that it's Japan-exclusive?

Japan barely cares for Sonic as much as the West does, and yet they always get the good stuff  >_>

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 1 was on Dreamcast. In a real shitty way, but it was still there.

Sonic 1 was on Dreamcast. In a real shitty way, but it was still there.

How? I don't recall either of the Adventure games or Shuffle having the game emulated in it.

Sega Smash Pack.

"This is acceptable for a system that can emulate PSX games!" - Sega.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sega Smash Pack.

"This is acceptable for a system that can emulate PSX games!" - Sega.

Wow, my ears. I wonder if these ports were done by the same hacks who later did Sonic 1 GBA...especially considering that the GBA version of Sega Smash Pack also contained shitty ports of the originals games.... :V

Its no sonic jam thats for sure

That's not much of an step higher on the improvement ladder.

Edited by Gabe

You should listen to the

on there. It sounds almost exactly like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDSO2glTew, it's so awful.

The only difference being that the Master System actually sounds better, namely because it doesn't sound like a bastardized imitation of the original Genesis composition (if not sounding as much as one as the SSP DC port does).

Edited by Gabe

Believe it or not, I still believe even now the best ways to play the original Sonic Genesis/Mega Drive games is on the original early SEGA hardware. Something about the Model 1 Genesis version in particular had superior sound to the later versions. 

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

and when you hook a good sounding Model 1 up to a good set of speakers.... oh my word is it fun!