Awoo.

3D Sonic the Hedgehog coming to eShop

Autosaver

Wait, you said walls were made breakable!?!

What does that mean? New areas or routes?

Wait, you said walls were made breakable!?!

What does that mean? New areas or routes?

there's no new routes  the walls that were in the original just become breakable and send you to the main route i've only send it happen in green hill zone so far.

Come next week when Nintendo posts a sharp boost in Japanese 3DS sales, we'll know why!

Walls!

Im uploading a video as we speak which will show some wall breaking and some fish eye lense.

Is it shake-cam footage or stuff from an actual 3DS capture board?

Is it shake-cam footage or stuff from an actual 3DS capture board?

cam footage but my camera should give out some good quality.

Okay it turns out there is in option to turn the spindash off my mistake

cam footage but my camera should give out some good quality.

Okay it turns out there is in option to turn the spindash off my mistake

Do yourself a favor and invest in this:

http://3dscapture.com/

Its a great investment. 

Surely you don't mean walls like those at 4:46, because they've always been breakable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, those walls Blue Blood mentioned have been breakable since the Mega Drive version. Harder to notice due to the lack of a spindash, but if you roll with enough momentum, you can break through them in the original version too.

That image showing how the 3D works suggests that the water looks like an actual flat outstretching "floor" of water, sort of like the effect they eventually achieved with Hydrocity in Sonic 3.

Does the water look flat and 3D or is it just another "layer" of 2D?

Probably a silly question but could I access the Japanese eShop from my PAL 3DS?

No, you can't.
Also wow, the music sounds a bit different. Is that what Taxman meant by remastered music
?

Edited by PSI Aqua

No, you can't.

Also wow, the music sounds a bit different. Is that what Taxman meant by remastered music

?

This isn't the Stealth-Tax version

This isn't the Stealth-Tax version

I know it's not. But the music sounds different so maybe they used remastered music also.

All I can hear that's different is the percussion being louder, but I'd say that's probably a random quirk if anything, since the pre-Taxman iOS versions of Sonic 1 had louder percussion due to the strange emulator.

I would not call it a 3D function. Just move the layers and all.

Still better than adding absolutely nothing at all. Not sure if I'd get this if it comes overseas, considering I'm getting the TaxStealth release, so... meh.

I know it's not. But the music sounds different so maybe they used remastered music also.

I think that's because this is an emulation, and the sound is inaccurate (as per usual). There's other instances of the sound channel and sprite limit kicking in that sort of confirms that this is most likely an emulation too. Shame really.

• 1 month later...

So apparently its out today.

Anyone buy it?

Sure you're not confusing it with the GG version? That came out on Thursday in NA VC.