Awoo.

What if Tiara B was in the games today

Masterofnone169

That's not an internet fight, that's a very long running gag. 

Also it seems we vetoed talking about Tiara in favour of pineapples. 

In their defence, pineapples are infinitely more interesting.

• Thumbs Up 3

So the only thing worth discussing about Tiara B. are her pineapples? I am not even gonna get involved in this.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have a theory that Blaze is at least partly based on Tiara. Think about it: a feline noblewoman who guards objects similar to the Chaos Emeralds? Not to mention that Tiara was intended to be Sonic's love interest, and Blaze is commonly shipped with Sonic...

Of course, I could very well be wrong. But even if I am, it's still one hell of a coincidence, isn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

So the only thing worth discussing about Tiara B. are her pineapples? I am not even gonna get involved in this.

People are going to take this the wrong way. Wait and see. =|

Then posting was most definitely the wisest course of action.

• Thumbs Up 2

People are going to take this the wrong way. Wait and see. =|

On that note...

She's got the pineapple. Somebody get her a yo-yo and lets see what happens

tee-hee

I have a theory that Blaze is at least partly based on Tiara. Think about it: a feline noblewoman who guards objects similar to the Chaos Emeralds? Not to mention that Tiara was intended to be Sonic's love interest, and Blaze is commonly shipped with Sonic...

Of course, I could very well be wrong. But even if I am, it's still one hell of a coincidence, isn't it?

Given her very preliminary concepts, it is quite the coincidence. 

(even Amy's a princess in the Archie comic). 

She's nobility, but not a princess. Considering the size of Mercia and the portrait in the castle, plus her status as cousin of the prince, she's likely... I dunno, would there even be a specific title other than "Lady"?

RE: Tiara

I dunno. On one hand, she'd likely be dropped. On the other, she'd actually have been a major character on the last big pre-Adventure game. So... I dunno.

It depends on what version of Tiara would have made it into the game. X-tremem went through at least seven different story changes and Tiara's role changed from version to version. sometimes she was a main character, sometimes background decoration, sometimes the daughter of a scientist, sometimes a princess, there was even one where she came from a virtual reality world and didn't really exist.

Honestly I can't really see her having stuck around much even if the game HAD come out though I think some of her incarnations have more staying power than others.

More likely than not she would have ended up as yet another Mighty or Ray....

• Thumbs Up 1

You never know what could have happened(well unless you jump to an alternate timeline where it was released), but then again, this game did have a Giant Nack(which kinda made sense due to the era), and 5 mecha sonics developed during its process, so who know what they were thinking with some of this stuff

*Skipping all that pineapple talk...*

Seeing how majority of the characters in the Sonic games have been given the shaft and reduced to excessively chatty cheerleaders if nothing else at this point, I can't see how Tiara would fare differently, let alone more favorably compared to the rest of the cast outside of Sonic, Tails and Dr. Eggman. More than likely she would be reduced to the same "pointless" role if she was to appear in the Modern Sonic games today.

I mean, what good is it to actually add more characters in the games if Sega/Sonic Team can't properly utilize the cast that they currently have? Each and every member of the current cast in the Sonic games has so much potential, and it is such a waste having them pretty much doing nothing. Adding characters (be it new or old ones from previous games) to the series seems pointless at this point as it's unlikely they would contribute much, if anything due to how little the current cast of characters are being used and considered.

Now if the issues I mentioned previously weren't relevant, then sure, have Tiara come on board in the games. I agree with others that mentioned it that she would need a redesign as her look appears off, outdated, or something. Now as for her role in the games nothing specific comes to mind. I just hope that she would actually do something meaningful.

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 3

and 5 mecha sonics developed during its process

One of which looked more like Crash Man than Sonic:

Ms_markiiif.jpg

But yeah, most likely Tiara would've gotten the Fang/Mighty/Ray/Bark/Bean/Heavy/Bomb treatment.

One of which looked more like Crash Man than Sonic:

Ms_markiiif.jpg

But yeah, most likely Tiara would've gotten the Fang/Mighty/Ray/Bark/Bean/Heavy/Bomb treatment.

Thats actualy thats my least favorite of the designs, there are better ones, but they are all a little wacky

Thats actualy thats my least favorite of the designs, there are better ones, but they are all a little wacky

That, and the fact that even Metal Overlord looked more like Metal Sonic in design (not colour) than that thing!

Since her previous name was easily the tittiest name you could ever give someone, you have to be a complete boob to not think Pineapples the Minx is a better name than Tiara. And if you don't then, well, it was the breast I could think up.

IMO its a very well-rounded name, and it definitely fits the characters' personality assets and attributes... but I mean if you can conjure up a better name, then go ahead! Bounce off my ideas.

I swear to God I'll never make another post like this ever again I am so sorry

This is the breast post in this thread.

Seriously though, she would probably have ended up either being left like Fang/Mighty and co, or she'd persist into the Modern era where few characters are fully used anyway.

Quite frankly, all bets are off when it comes to making jokes about her name. Who the fuck thought calling an official Sonic character Tiara Boobowski (basically translating to Princess Boobies) was a good idea? Did they want to get crap under the radar or something?

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was the 90s. Of course they did.

In seriousness though IIRC they said they didn't even realize it til further development. Apparently it was meant to be pronounced "Boo-Bowski"? Calling bull, but that's what they said I think. :v

Edited by Azookara

That woulda been hilarious going into the modern era.

But yea, she probably wouldn't work in the games. Mostly because she just kinda...shows up. I mean, we at least had proper introductions(manuals or otherwise) to every character prior to her, but then Tiara shows up and the game acts like she's been apart of the cast since forever due to Sonic inexplicably being in love with her.

...What if...Tiara was a prototype Rouge.

I pronounce it as Boo-bowski as well, but you can't tell me that not one person didn't write down her name beforehand and see that blatant slip-up right in the face. 

Who came first: Tiara B or Honey?

There must be a connection between the two.

No. There isn't. 

Who came first: Tiara B or Honey?

There must be a connection between the two.

Of course there's a connection. They're both ideas that wandered about in the Gama rays but never amounted to anything.

X-Treme started life as a SatAM game. It isn't too wrong to assume Tiara evolved from Sally.

Honey was simply a nod by the developers to another game they had done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course there's a connection. They're both ideas that wandered about in the Gama rays but never amounted to anything.

X-Treme started life as a SatAM game. It isn't too wrong to assume Tiara evolved from Sally.

Honey was simply a nod by the developers to another game they had done.

Actually, I think the first story concept had Sonic and Sally going into a digital world where they'd meet tiara. They were both meant to be in the game together.

That said it's possible that some of Sally's personality leaked into Tiara after satam was dropped from the game....