Awoo.

Your Dream Cross-Over Game

KHCast

So this is gonna be one of the more fun topics that will require some creativity from your brain!

This topic, as stated in the top is asking you what your dream cross-over game would be. Now this can't just become a topic that goes like this:

"Mario and Sonic. Cause it's cool and could just work."

Actually putting some thought into the idea so it sounds more interesting would be nice.

"Mario and Sonic have some similar play styles and themes. Perhaps taking elements from each franchise and implementing them into a 2D styled gameplay which is split between Mario and Sonic's traditional gameplays. Mixing tropes and originalness would also be nice."

That's what I want to see. Some explanation to your reasoning!smile.png

So for me I personally want to see a Devil may Cry and Bayonetta cross-over.

Dante_DMC1.pngBayonetta.jpg

Both of these share very similar traits to eachother. The gameplay from both series are probably the best in the beat-em-up button mash genre and also share similar styles in how they both play. 

1227810-devil_may_cry_4_pics_204_2.jpg516eaca28ea6e_624_351.jpg

On top of that the themes from both games are also very likening to eachother, as both share plots dealing with demons,heaven,angels stuff along that lines. There's just a lot of potential for a interesting plot.  On THAT of that, both main characters are pretty enjoyable and cocky, so having them in the same game would just be kick-ass, and hilarious. I had the idea of Co-op(one person playing as Dante and the other as Bayonetta), but the idea just feels kinda tacky.If they could make it work and it wouldn't detract from the experience though, I wouldn't object, but I don't see that ever happening should this ever be even considered.

Anyway, that's what I would want. What about you? What is your dream cross-over?

Edited by Roxas
  • Thumbs Up 4

Alright so this is very random but I think a crossover between Doctor Who and That's So Raven would be positively hilarious. Psychic visions, the TARDIS, and the Doctor and Raven sassing each other and villains. It would be glorious.

"Oh snap, it's bigger on the inside."

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 6

Alright so this is very random but I think a crossover between Doctor Who and That's So Raven would be positively hilarious. Psychic visions, the TARDIS, and the Doctor and Raven sassing each other and villains. It would be glorious.

"Oh snap, it's bigger on the inside."

Umm....not to be rude or anything, but this is a gaming topic.:P Should've elaborated in the title.lol my bad!

Umm....not to be rude or anything, but this is a gaming topic.:P Should've elaborated in the title.lol my bad!

Wow oops the section should've given it away though! :3 I could've sworn I was in the chit chat section...ugh I'm that guy now

Gaming cross over...I'd love to see a crossover between Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Seems pretty obvious of a choice but I do think a fantastic game could be made starring Nathan Drake and Lara Croft. Just the character interactions alone would make the game worth playing.

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 4

Predictable choice incoming: Sonic And Mario. And not an Olympic Games crossover, a real platformer crossover. Just give Mario and Sonic their respective gameplay styles, with one level for each character in each world, and have each character use the world's powerups, so we can see what a Super Mushroom does to Sonic, and what elemental shields do for Mario, etc etc. Write an interesting story with lots of character interaction and Eggman and Bowser collaborating, and you're golden. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)
  • Thumbs Up 7

Like me and you were talking about in the SEGA 2013 topic: Mario and Sonic, and I don't want another damn Olympics game. A pure, honest platformer is the way to go.

There can be two acts:
Act 1 can be for Mario utilizing the gameplay formula from 64 or maybe Galaxy.

Act 2 can be for Sonic utilizing preferably is Adventure gameplay or the Unleashed gameplay, but only if it's pure 3D. None of that 2.5D shit.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Chaos Warp. Damn you >:V

Edited by Stitch
  • Thumbs Up 3

Like me and you were talking about in the SEGA 2013 topic: Mario and Sonic, and I don't want another damn Olympics game. A pure, honest platformer is the way to go.

There can be two acts:

Act 1 can be for Mario utilizing the gameplay formula from 64 or maybe Galaxy.

Act 2 can be for Sonic utilizing preferably is Adventure gameplay or the Unleashed gameplay, but only if it's pure 3D. None of that 2.5D shit.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Chaos Warp. Damn you >:V

I like this idea, but I personally would prefer a full 2.5D title actually. Either style could obviously work, I just feel like using 2D would make a lot of sense for this kind of game. 

I also had the idea of perhaps a RPG like cross-over,but that probably is less likely.tongue.png

Edited by Roxas

If Injustice: Gods Among Us was what I wanted it to be, then I would be happy. Otherwise, I just find it slightly superfluous in the gaming market.

I mean, if the creators kept that style and added SHIELD and the rest of the MARVEL universe...that would be a gamebreaker. I know both Marvel and DC collaborated over comics, but I really want to see it on the console!

I've always been fascinated by the idea of a Metroid/Dead Space crossover. I don't know why. Maybe I just want to see Samus and Isaac in the same game teaming up to take down some Space Pirate Necromorphs, because that would rad.

Totally rad.

I've always been fascinated by the idea of a Metroid/Dead Space crossover. I don't know why. Maybe I just want to see Samus and Isaac in the same game teaming up to take down some Space Pirate Necromorphs, because that would rad.

Totally rad.

For a second I thought you were gonna say Metroid/STAR FOX. tongue.png Personally I was always curious with Metroid/Halo.

Edited by Roxas
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm gonna say sonic and megaman, cause I can really see some good gameplay ideas coming into this mostly with megaman and sonic going through each stage while having some form of tag system which could work if applied right.

Just a Nintendo and SEGA fighting game ,like SSB. It would have characters like Headdy, Ristar, Bayonetta, Pulseman, Toejam & Earl, Aiai, Beat, and others on the SEGA team, and Bubbles, Sukapon, Little Mac, Exitebiker, Starfy, K.K. Slider, Elite Beat Agents and others for Nintendo's team. and R.O.B could fight with AGES biggrin.png .

Edited by XtremerSadiq

My dream crossover, a crossover I can see perfectly in my head and have thought about for a good year or so is...

"Shinobi X Ninja Gaiden"

shinobi_3d.jpg

And...

ign-presents-the-history-of-ninja-gaiden

Shinobi has only had a couple of 3D games, so I wouldn't say they have similar play-styles, but hear me out!

The game would be created by Team Ninja with Sega's supervision over the handling.

Ryu Hayabusa and Jiro Musashi would team up to take down the minions of Zeed who have also employed the assistance of several past Ninja Gaiden bosses and antagonists.

The game would be optionally co-op allowing Ryu and Jiro to fight side by side using a varied set of unique skills along with team moves.

Split screen and online co-op preferably.

Both characters can upgrade skills and their appearance can be edited.

A free-play mode with unlockable characters would be included.

Apart from co-op being online compatible, Survival would also be an online option - facing waves of gradually challenging foes.

Tough difficulty still in place!

• Thumbs Up 1

Banpresto got the right idea for cross-overs (tactic RPG with slight action component) with both Namco x Capcom and Project X Zone: i would like to see every potential cross-over between companies in that way other than the format of the fighting game (including companies like Konami, Atlus, Square-Enix and NiS).

Also, on that note, i would like to see a Final Fantasy character as a guest in the potential next Soul Calibur game: even the producer tweeted that he considered this idea befor choosing Ezio for SCV.

Sonic and Mario has already been mentioned, so how about Sonic and Megaman? The Archie comics crossover is pretty good and a game would be even more amazing! I just wonder how the gameplay would work...it's an interesting thought though. Oh, and it will also give Megaman more recognition which he deserves right now. I swear, Capcom is treating their mascot like shite.

Edited by Gabz Girl

even the producer tweeted that he considered this idea befor choosing Ezio for SCV.
watch it be lightning. I'm only half joking. One of the first ideas would most likely be Lightning.:/

Actually, i think Caius Ballad will fit more then Lighning in a fighting game (literally, his moveset could be transpotted exactly in a Dissidia game).

EDIT: Oh yeah, i almost forgot: i'm still hoping from years for a Konami fighting game between its series and titles (like Pyramid Head vs. Solid Snake, Gabriel Belmont, vs. Peacock Bryce Boltzmann vs. Ayumi and stuff like that); the only cross-over they did was an unknow kart game that almost noone remember.

Edited by Teoskaven

What about Comix Zone and Vectorman, and Streets of rage, I know what you are thinking(oh 3 games we havent heard from since the gensis era, oh joy), but hear me out. While 3 different games and 2 genres may sound weird, but it could be interesting. Both SOR and Comix Zone are beat-em ups, and Vectorman is a side scroller shooter. But Sketch Turner does give us a way to cross them over(he is writing a comics for both series, then his odd abilities cause them to get mixed up, and get him sucked in.. The way you would make it work is that you have sections of platforming, then sections of beat-em up where it is a battle area. Vectorman would be ranged, which gives him some advantages, along with his permament/semi-permanent power-ups, where as the other guys are mainly melee, while Sketch is a mix as he is able to collect items along the way from enemies or just pick them up.

And it would be an interesting way to bring all 3 back, perhaps it might even be possible to mess around with various attrivutes by altering the style of the comic, that changes the appearance of everything

Metroid and Castlevania. So we can have a true "Metroidvania". More RPG elements in Metroid while simultaneously having more focus on an arsenal of weapons in Castlevania, combined with a shitmix of space station castles, it would be hilarious and amazing.

And fighting Ridley and Death at the same time would be a holy shit crowning moment of awesome, almost as much as Portrait of Ruin's Dracula and Death fight or my hope that a future Metroid game will have a Ridley and Kraid dual boss fight.

Oh, and it will also give Megaman more recognition which he deserves right now. I swear, Capcom is treating their mascot like shite.

They never really wanted Megaman to be their mascot, they actually wanted it to be Zero. But considering where Zero is now, your point still stands.

I know this was kinda already done with Kingdom Hearts 3D, but I want a full on Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends with you Cross-over. There was just so much missed opportunity 3D could have done with each series characters. It would of course have to be non-canon to both game franchises. Plus, that way we don't need to worry about a convoluted plot getting in the way. I don't know what kind of RPG it would be though....Action based maybe? With elements from each series? Perhaps the Kingdom hearts side could take some cues from CoM GBA in the sense of the exploration and the combat,not the card system.

Mirror's Edge + Skate - 1st Person view= The Free Running Game that I always wanted. No story. Just you and whatever character you control/create doing tricks all over whatever environment you are playing in.

SEGA vs. Capcom. Using Tatsunoko vs Capcom as a frame of reference (minus horrible damage scaling). I'd totally roll with a team of, like, Phoenix Wright and Vyse, or Mega Man and Welkin Gunther.

the best part about this one is that it's close enough to the realm of possibility where I can fantasize.

Edited by Solly

I think it'd be fun to see Smash Bros crossed with Mario Kart. Items from Smash could be used as Kart items, with final smash moves in place of special items. There could be different play modes too like in special brawl, and each series would have their own race course.

With all this news that's been announced over these few days, one of the big things that was talked about was Mario Kart. Also we had news about a joint partnership between SEGA and Nintendo. Now already this creates a lot of interesting concepts, but to be even more specific, a while back there was a Tweet from Sol talking about finally being able to "settle who would win in a race" Now almost everyone and their mother guessed he was talking about Sonic and Mario. and the potential Mario Kart x SASASR racer for the WiiU. While this isn't the Platformer adventure everyone wanted, this is miles ahead the olympics for me. I will take this any day over that series.(even though I found enjoyment in it) The imagination and creativity SEGA and Nintendo could cook up with this is endless! I really hope this is true. It's just too brilliant to pass up.

mario_and_sonic_racing.jpg