Awoo.

Ubisofts Community Manager gets fired, Twitter strikes again!

Badnik Mechanic

... ... Do people with Twitter accounts ever learn?

After the whole Adam Orth 'Sometimes the electricity goes off' fiasco which was so widespread didn't anybody learn?

It seems that the Ubisoft Community manager didn't.

Earlier today he tweeted the following.

2013-05-1020_26_21-twutup0.png

Who is Max3dmoon? He happens to be the Head of Content for Assassin's Creed Montreal, in other words, quite an important and influential person at Ubisoft.

So what happened? There's been a couple of high profile sackings at Ubisoft lately including the creator of Assassins Creed. So what happened? Has something major gone down at Ubisoft?

Probably... but I think we might have found out why the community manager got the boot... Would you like to see what he also wrote on twitter with regards to Ubisoft and it's fans?

W8gvGGb.png

8vmJMod.png

WOW! Ho ho oh wow! Ho ho!

In fact if you check his twitter account (before he inevitably makes it private) theres one or two odd things on there as well which you probably shouldn't say if you're the community manager of a global company.

Anyone wanna take bets on when the next twitter downfall will be?

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing that saddens me about this kind of thing is, although these people are kind of jerkish, they're also human.

And if they're anything like me, they feel like lashing out sometimes, if you feel strongly about something and have had it up to your neck with "not saying anything about it" it can be hard to help it.

But heck, that's the difference between me and professionals. If I ever get hired into some big company, I pray that I'm either generally more calm and in check by then, or they keep me away from the community!! I don't wanna be hated by the whole internet for some left-field comments, that would not do my already-shaky confidence any good.

• Thumbs Up 5

That third tweet doesn't even make any sense. How can forums be out of touch with social media and community? Forums are communities, and forums also fall under the definition of social media (unless he's talking about social media like Facebook, which serves a different purpose entirely from forums).

• Thumbs Up 3

No sympathy if he was fired over Twitter nonsense (going by his sour tweet about Ubisoft, I'd say that's expected). It's not difficult to keep your trap shut about the cynical quirks of online gaming communities, to not stir up bad blood, and to keep yourself out of the sights of the higher-ups monitoring your account. This cannot be that hard.

• Thumbs Up 7

But heck, that's the difference between me and professionals. If I ever get hired into some big company, I pray that I'm either generally more calm and in check by then, or they keep me away from the community!! I don't wanna be hated by the whole internet for some left-field comments, that would not do my already-shaky confidence any good.

To add to that, I would think being a legit professional in the gaming industry and being hired for such a big job would mean you'd know not to run your mouth and insult customers on social media. I really can't understand why this is becoming such a thing lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wonder what's happening at the Blood Dragon forums, he seems to have some beef with the members on it.

Coincidentally, I just earned my last achievement in it earlier :D Incredible game.

It's his own bloody fault. People should learn to keep their mouths shut, especially on something like Twitter where almost everyone can read your messages.

Nobody deserves to get fired but again, it's his fault.

Oh no, there are indeed some people who deserve to get fired. People abusing the law, not performing the job in the first place, or in this case, someone doing their job so poorly as to be rationally considered harmful to the company's image.

• Thumbs Up 5

At least I know what to do if I want to get fired tongue.png These sorts of stories seem to be getting a lot of attention. My wife told me recently that the bosses at Sainsbury's are apparently keeping an eye on employee social media accounts.

Well, this guy deserved to get fired because of his attitude and unprofessionalism and as a community manager he should treat all the fans and other gamers equal respect, even if he is entitled to his own opinions he needs to keep it quiet about it. 

We all have our own views and different thoughts. Everybody not just him needs to appreciate it and not to get mouthy about it. 

It's not even as if they have to shut up, if they want to say something controversial.  Did people suddenly forget how to use pseudonyms?

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Formerly preschool-level common knowledge.

Edited by Gabe

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Formerly preschool-level common knowledge.

I don't mean to sound unecessarily rude, but I've found that this sentiment is ignorant, primarily because people use it as a shield even against constructive responses and criticism. The idea that people should only say nice things also seems fundamentally flawed.

A better sentiment, in this case, I think, would be if you don't have anything to say that won't get you fired, don't say anything at all.

Edited by Heinous Creature