Awoo.

Freedom Wars

Badnik Mechanic

Edit: Game is now called Freedom Wars.

The following appears to have been posted by SCEJ on twitch TV.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/panopticon/

The countdown ends 16 May 7pm JST.

So.... any ideas?

Edit: gaf managed to dig up the following from February.

Trademark: http://esearch.oami.europa.eu/copla/trademark/data/011512407

Nice Classification: 9
List of goods and services Computer and video games; computer games software; computer software downloadable from the internet; computer software for hand held computer games equipment; computer game software for mobile phones; video game cartridges; ?memory cards; data storage devices; downloadable electronic publications; electronic games; parts and fittings for all the above.

Nice Classification: 28
List of goods and services Toys and playthings; ?hand-held computer games equipment (not adapted with TV receivers); parts and accessories for hand-held computer games equipment (not adapted with TV receivers); card games; board games; arcade video game machines; video game apparatus; parts and fittings for all the above.

Nice Classification: 41
List of goods and services Entertainment; electronic games services provides by means of the internet; games services provided on-line from a computer network.

Panopticon is Greek for 'Seeing everything' and is also the name for a type of prison in which a single guard could watch any inmate at any time without them knowing they were being watched.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Carbo

• Swiss

• Nintendoga

Might be the big Vita game which was talked about.

I was thinking the same, which would be nice seeing as I just got my Vita this morning! The prison thing sounds like it could make for some interesting game ideas...but I'm guessing it'll be closer to the 'seeing everything' meaning. I guess we'll see in a few days!

If it is for the Vita, with that kind of name, I wonder if they'll incorporate the camera into it somehow.

Seeing everything? Maybe it's a Sims-esque game where you play god? Although if it was about a prison that would be cool too.

Definitely looks like a Vita game. Art style reminds me of Gravity Rush, which isn't surprising since it's by the same studio.

You should change the topic's title. This game is called "Freedom Wars", a cooperative multiplayer game for the Vita.

The story focuses on the word ‘freedom’. The setting is in the near future, where the world is in ruins and the outside world can no longer sustain any life form. Mankind has created cities called “Panapticon” in various regions, where they fight to find a way to live.

However, resources have dried up and conflicts in each city occur as the people living within the Panapticon struggle to obtain the resources needed to live in such harsh environment. In order for the Panapticon to manage their people, most of them are currently serving a penal servitude.

Those who are under the penal servitude, are simply labeled as “Criminals,” and are forced into a labor, called “Volunteer,” which basically means to participate in war. You, the player, will be a Criminal who has been charged with a sentence of 1,000,000 years and will be fighting for your freedom.

In order for the Criminals to regain their freedom, they must go on missions to “Recapture” the civilians and their comrades who’ve been captured by giant enemies, called Abductors. Participating in these missions will mitigate the sentences imposed upon the Criminals.

It has also been reported that Freedom Wars will feature online competitive multiplayer and co-op modes with up to 8 players, through Wi-Fi and AdHoc connectivity. There will also be features that uses the PlayStation Vita’s GPS and Near functions.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/21/in-freedom-wars-you-play-as-criminals-trying-to-earn-their-freedom/

Edited by Tmsp

Damn. I was looking forward to a game where you play as Jeremy Bentham trapped in his own nightmarish invention.

I kinda liked it better when I hoped the trailer was going to be realtime for a PS4 JRPG.

hahaha, a SCEJ rpg

hahahahahahahahaha SCEJ developing PS4 games already when they *just* showed their ps3 stuff

With that out of the way, it looks neat I guess? I'm always up for coops and huge bosses.

Apparently each prefecture of Japan gets their own panopticon, making it sort of a "regional clan" for competitive purposes. Not sure how could that work outside Japan tho (states for murrica and countries for eu?).