Awoo.

Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro And the Breakdown from Mars!

Badnik Mechanic

enhanced-buzz-24876-1368535535-12.jpg

Igor & the Bride of Frankenstein

Amy's Baking Company Bakery Boutique & Bistro is a restaurant which recently was on an episode of Ramsey's kitchen Nightmares.

Their establishment was plagued with terrible reviews commenting on the food, service and professionalism of the staff. Aparently the couple who ran the restaurant were notoriously difficult to work with and were quite rude throughout the filming.

Highlights included.

Going to walmart to buy cakes and then reselling them in store... yet claiming they're home made.

And you know those tips that customers give the waitress? Yeah they steal them.

There was even a suggestion that the guy was playing with the figures as he wouldn't let anyone check his finances and was being very secretive about where all his money was coming and going.

Well... after the episode went out, they didn't come accross well at all, they learnt nothing and they had no redeaming qualities at all. With twitter and facebook commenting how horrible the owners were and the place was... The owners took to their facebook page and attempted to defend their place... which resulted in one hell of a breakdown.

enhanced-buzz-15931-1368534988-16.jpg

Okay nothing too bad so far but... Whoa whoa WHOOOOOAAAA!

enhanced-buzz-26716-1368534989-2.jpg

It gets worse

enhanced-buzz-29295-1368534990-9.jpg

They then decided to pick a fight with Reddit who had a very active thread on the show and the subsequent facebook updates.

enhanced-buzz-24891-1368534990-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-23093-1368534993-3.jpg

This went on for hours. They then threattened to have reddit arrested and claimed the FBI were already on the case (yes they threattened to arrest reddit, all of it).

Remember, this went on for hours, imediately after the show ended.

So they then remove all the offending material and claim that they were hacked, as in everything, all their social media was hacked and that it wasn't them who said the stuff. Hmmmm...

You can see the full 'meltdown' here.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hehehehehehehe.....

I feel bad for Ramsay. He had to deal with these fuckwits in person.

• Thumbs Up 9

I watched the Kitchen Nightmares clip of this last night...these people are just awful human beings. You know you're bad when Gordon Ramsay can't even stand you.

• Thumbs Up 4

Checking the Facebook page again, this is there now:

Other Side of Amy’s Baking Company Controversy in Scottsdale To Soon Be Told

SCOTTSDALE, AZ. MAY 15, 2013 -- Amy’s Baking Company will host a Grand Re-Opening on Tuesday night, May 21, following unflattering portrayals on national television.

Customers will be able to decide who is correct: a famous celebrity chef or the marketplace that has supported the small, locally-owned business for six years. 

When re-opened, a portion of proceeds will benefit a charity organized to bring awareness to cyber bullying. 

Seating is limited. Reservations may be made by emailing sjones@rosemoserallynpr.com. 

Diners will also have the opportunity to meet, and judge for themselves the character of owners Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, who have devoted their lives to and earn their living from their small restaurant. The Bouzaglos have been married for 10 years, after Sammy emigrated from Israel. 

The owners will likely be holding a press conference before the Grand Re-Opening and answer falsehoods depicted on a reality television show, including assertions that the restaurant confiscates tips from servers. 

In fact, wait staff is paid $8-$14 per hour, two and half to nearly five times the standard hourly wage for servers. 

Questions will also be answered about what happened to their Facebook page. 

Amy’s Baking Company was recently featured on the hit PBS show “Check Please” and has received A+ reports from CBS 5 for kitchen preparedness. 

“We are very upset by what has taken place, apologize about the acrimony that has ensued but now must fight back to save our business. We hope and believe much good can result from what has transpired. We ask the public to keep an open mind as we begin to tell our side of the story,” Samy Bouzaglo said.

Oh god, these people are a train wreck. 

This was one of the few shows I watched before getting rid of cable, now I'm going to have to go to youtube and try and find it.

"arrest rediit"? lol.

So did anyone else see the topic name and think that Amy Rose was getting a really weird spin-off? tongue.png

Yes, I was slightly disappointed.

cooking_with_amy_by_airsharksquad-d5z8c4

Edited by SkyLlama
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've watched the Kitchen Nightmares episode last week and these people are disgraceful. They treat the customers and their staff like crap. I'm so glad that Gordon Ramsey didn't help them, they refuse to listen to any criticism and feedback. Also they steal the waiters tips and just fire people for asking a simple question.

Also this
http://i.imgur.com/ysFIobq.png

No wonder their reputation and their business is going down the toilet.

For people who haven't seen the episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LY7TJ16pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQDtoHpAWhg

Edited by sonfan1984

I am a huge fan of Kitchen Nightmares. I did watch the season finale which was this Crazy Amy episode. I never knew it got this bad.

The season finale is by far the best Kitchen Nightmares episode, and the first Kitchen Nightmare that Ramsey was unable to save.

Wow! Kitchen Nightmares fans at SSMB? I love Ramsay's shows, Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell are the best of the bunch. Also, the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares is great stuff.

My mother-in-law was actually meant to be on Hotel Hell (as a location where Ramsay speaks to people in the community) but the scene was cut. Probably because it was too similar to Kitchen Nightmares.

*watches the first 6 min of part 1*

FUCK ME!?

Are you serious!? Are you kidding me! Ho ho! If you guys wondered if they got hacked or if it was really them, just watch the first 6 min of part 1!

It was shocking and funny at the same time, the day before Ramsey visited the restaurant.

How some people still visit that restaurant is beyond me.

Here's another fact, as crazy as that restaurant is, it is also the first Kitchen Nightmare to have a very clean kitchen.

But it disgusts me how the owners take the waitress' tips. And fire them. That's worse then them fighting over customers if you ask me.

EDIT: enhanced-buzz-15931-1368534988-16.jpg

Repent to God Amy. You really need to repent to Him.

Edited by Ming Ming Suzy

I'd only watched the second part until just now.

The first part is even worse in some cases. Christ on a stick, threatening customers because they're upset they've been waiting for over an hour for one pizza?! Just get out of this business, seriously. I hope they get what's coming to them.

"threatened to arrest reddit"

Ah, thinking the cyber police are gonna do jack shit when there's televised proof of how fucking horrible these prats are themselves.

Edited by Super Spindash

I just watched the whole episode... Christ almighty, those people are fucking nuts! It would not suprise me in the slightest if they did actually write those things on their media outlets. It sure as hell sounded like the kind of things they would say.

I almost want to go to that restaurant just to watch the train wreck! Whose up for an SSMB meetup!?

Oh wow! This one is from 2010!

If she thought that she had some Internet haters back then now she has even more Internet haters then she had before. I bet she regret signing up to Kitchen Nightmares now.

You have to be an absolute piece of shit to steal tips from your employers. Apparently Katie is looking into legal pathways to get the tips back. I hope she succeeds.

...She does speak feline though!

Edited by Autosaver

I almost want to go to that restaurant just to watch the train wreck! Whose up for an SSMB meetup!?

I actually live 15 minutes away from the restaurant, and I have never really heard anything good about them. Just check out these local reviews.

I'm actually thinking about telling my editor if I could write a story about this. Should I go to the restaurants just for kicks SSMB?

I actually live 15 minutes away from the restaurant, and I have never really heard anything good about them. Just check out these local reviews.

I'm actually thinking about telling my editor if I could write a story about this. Should I go to the restaurants just for kicks SSMB?

Go and ask her if she likes Sonic!

...seriously though, I'd probably steer clear of that place in terms of food. Plus you don't want to get in trouble/blamed by them for "harrassment" so, as entertaining as it would be, I'd personally stay weeeell away. :P

Go and ask her if she likes Sonic!

...seriously though, I'd probably steer clear of that place in terms of food. Plus you don't want to get in trouble/blamed by them for "harrassment" so, as entertaining as it would be, I'd personally stay weeeell away. tongue.png

As a reporter I'm already used to people overreacting and blaming for harassment, especially when they drop the ball like this.My editor is probably not going to agree though...well maybe.

For others that want to learn more about their "blunders throughout the years" here are some stories from the Phoenix New Times. I'm jelly of the reporter who is going to do the follow-up story.

Hell no I'm not going across the country to see and hear some b!1ch lose her $h!t over her own incompetence. Bring a camera and tape it for me.

It's astonishing that someone can be THAT jaded towards criticism.  I admit I can get kind of defensive, but what she has is a fucking neurosis.  And her husband enables it.

It's astonishing that someone can be THAT jaded towards criticism.  I admit I can get kind of defensive, but what she has is a fucking neurosis.  And her husband enables it.

Enables it? He has it.

Hell no I'm not going across the country to see and hear some b!1ch lose her $h!t over her own incompetence. Bring a camera and tape it for me.

.... ..... alrighty then.