Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Friday 17th May 3PM (GMT) "We Don't Need No E3 Let the Mother F*ckin' Goombas burn!"

Badnik Mechanic

7.jpg

Please be excited.

Just announced.

There will be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3PM (GMT). 17/5 at 4pm CEST, 7AM PST

It is going to focus on the Wii-U & 3DS. Titles release in Spring/Summer ONLY.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49624/nintendo-direct-scheduled-for-friday-will-focus-on-wii-u/

Titles for Autumn and beyond will be talked about in a Direct around the time of E3 in June.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Wii U and 3DS. Focus is on Spring/Summer titles. The Wii U Direct that will focus on titles in the second half of the year will be right before E3.

Yeah just that different Nintendo regions are saying different things, the initial thing made it out to be just a Wii-U thing, then as the other regions pipped up it's becoming a bit more clearer.

Oh Hoggy, I'll never get tired of your subtitles laugh.png

Just you wait until I make one of the E3 conference topics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah just that different Nintendo regions are saying different things, the initial thing made it out to be just a Wii-U thing, then as the other regions pipped up it's not that exciting anymore.

Yeah that happens from time to time, usually because the regions tend to broadcast different things. Last Direct the Japan region said it'd be a 3DS + Wii U Direct while the west only got a sliver of the news on there because the focus was 3DS.

New Nintendo Direct? Awesomesauce.

Though, I forget what games are coming out for the Spring and Summer months. I know Animal Crossing New Leaf and the Donkey Kong   Country Returns 3DS port, but what else?

New Nintendo Direct? Awesomesauce.

Though, I forget what games are coming out for the Spring and Summer months. I know Animal Crossing New Leaf and the Donkey Kong   Country Returns 3DS port, but what else?

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, for one.

Also, even though it's only a Spring/Summer showcase, I'm hoping they at least tease a few things that will be in the E3 Direct. I can imagine it now... a very vague, very empty trailer that gives only a brief glimpse of a glorious, high definition Mushroom Kingdom...

...and then, as the Nintendo Direct comes to a close, a familiar voice rings forth...

"Wahoo! I'll-a see you at E3! Let's-a go!"

...fade to black.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can imagine it now... a very vague, very empty trailer that gives only a brief glimpse of a glorious, high definition Mushroom Kingdom...

...and then, as the Nintendo Direct comes to a close, a familiar voice rings forth...

"Wahoo! I'll-a see you at E3! Let's-a go!"

...fade to black.

And then the crowd shouts back "Get off the stage! We want Fox and Samus back!"

• Thumbs Up 7

GREAT!

Nintendo seems to be getting a head start on things. Only a month or so until E3, so why not start now? Hopefully the June Nintendo Direct will be a little before E3

Edited by Cola

If Inaba's Twitter is anything to go by, TW101 seems to be done, with them going through testing phases. I won't be surprised if we get a release date tomorrow.

10am US Eastern Time for me. Good. Won't be interrupted by my annoying work schedule. 

If anything, I'm expecting to see info on The Wonderful 101 and maybe a bit on Resident Evil: Revelations HD for the Wii U. Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and, Mario Golf: World Tour for the 3DS. (More or less for both.)

Another Direct for Spring/Summer games? Is it gonna be like 5 seconds long? What's even coming out in those months on Wii U 8l

I'm kinda hoping they'll talk about Virtual Console. Namely they'll say "sorry it's so crap and expensive, starting today we'll release at least 6 games a week with online features, they'll actually be reasonably priced and Europe will get everything in 60Hz. Oh. And Gamecube VC too, Luigi's Mansion is out as soon as this NDirect ends. And all of SEGA's digital classics from the last year too. Enjoy!"

Because the eShop is the perfect way to make the wait for actual games 500% less painful and Nintendo and third parties are not utilising it :/ only indies are.

Another Direct for Spring/Summer games? Is it gonna be like 5 seconds long? What's even coming out in those months on Wii U 8l

I'm kinda hoping they'll talk about Virtual Console. Namely they'll say "sorry it's so crap and expensive, starting today we'll release at least 6 games a week with online features, they'll actually be reasonably priced and Europe will get everything in 60Hz. Oh. And Gamecube VC too, Luigi's Mansion is out as soon as this NDirect ends. And all of SEGA's digital classics from the last year too. Enjoy!"

Because the eShop is the perfect way to make the wait for actual games 500% less painful and Nintendo and third parties are not utilising it :/ only indies are.

• Pikmin 3
  • Game & Wario
  • Wii Fit U
  • Wii Party U
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Summer Update Details + Software news
  • Virtual Console
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • Mario Golf
  • Animal Crossing

Leaving out third party games such as Splinter Cell, Resident Evil and Deus Ex since this is first party focused.

All of that and some more could easily fit into a Direct.

That's funny. I did ask about Nintendo Direct yesterday in the Wii U topic, and apparently there will be one tomorrow! Can't wait, especially if there's going to be some news on W101.

I dunno, I wouldn't take Kamiya's word for it since he is a massive troll. This is pretty much his shtick ever since people started asking him about Bayonetta 2. "Next week, in game's magazines". This could easily be a parody of that.

But maybe.

UKYQ5On.png

Wonderful 101 is a Summer game, it'll probably be there.

Yeah, as I said earlier I expect it to be there since Inaba has implied the game is going through testing now. That said I don't think Kamiya would know whether or not it'd be there since he's not producing but directing, and all he's busy with is crunching his deadlines. With all that said, I'm not going to rule out the possibility that it'll be shoved back into Autumn for one reason or another.

Either way it'll be there tomorrow or on the E3 Direct.

Nintendo will be at E3 iirc, they just won't hold that standard conference they usually do.

Ah, I was starting want another Direct.  Should be interesting.  Wonder if we'll get anything new?

Either way, bring on the Pikminz.

Shin Megami Tensei IV European release date, perhaps?  Maybe ones for Etrian Odyssey IV and Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger, too?  Europe has a lot of catching-up to do.  Other than that, it's hard to think of 3DS games they didn't mention in the last Direct.  Bigger spotlight on the Oracles and Guild 02 games, maybe?  Plus some VC surprises - Shantae GBC is meant to be coming out June-July, as I recall it.  And at that, Mighty Switch Force 2 shouldn't be far away either, wouldn't be surprised if they mentioned that.

Eh, might skip this one, they announced Animal Crossing + the bundle, so I'm content.

Have had hopes for Star Fox news but I don't think it'll happen

So wait, what time will the Direct be for people in EST?

In just under an hours time. I use this site for such things.