Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Friday 17th May 3PM (GMT) "We Don't Need No E3 Let the Mother F*ckin' Goombas burn!"

Badnik Mechanic

Super Luigi U will also be released as a stand alone package product!

For a limited time only though, it seems. Bit of a shame, that.

Jesus, TW101 doesn't launch until September in US. We're getting it three weeks earlier. What's going on in the US?

Either way, very satisfied by today's presentation.

New Sonic for WiiU and 3DS aww yeah!  Colour me excited and eager to see what they have instore for Lost World.

tumblr_m8s3g4InaM1r4qo34.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

Dude the NA one is still going. O_o

Is it just me, or does Iwata always sound so smug whenever he says the word "Gamepad"?

...Wait, what, it's over?  I thought there was meant to be some 3DS business in there too?

I guess they only wanted to show off some 3DS eshop stuff.

For a limited time only though, it seems. Bit of a shame, that.

True. Well, I guess if people want it, they better blitz for it, sadly. I'm going for the DL-version.

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity

Wait, Wii-U Sonic exclusive? FUCK! Now I have to buy one!! Also it's coming out for 3DS, that's good as I have one of dos :D

Someone care uploading a video of the trailer?

So wait, I left the stream during during Game And Wario, and came back during Pikmin 3, what did I miss?

Nintendo is really knocking it out of the park with these events lately, they're short and sharp and usually super interesting

• Thumbs Up 3

Methinks Luigi U is getting a physical release to give the Wii U's retail life some extra padding more than anything.

The box for Super Luigi U looks so adorable and awesome, I love the colour I'll be tempted to buy it just to have the box :( Also no one will be surprised to hear me say I'm stlll sad that Peach isn't playable! But I'm glad to see the Nabbit instead of another Toad.

Nintendo is really knocking it out of the park with these events lately, they're short and sharp and usually super interesting

They're a good way to get Nintendo fans excited, but unfortunately not the rest of the industry it seems.

Reggie just confirmed that they made a deal with Best Buy to allow the public to play E3 games at the week of e3 in the US and Canada area at selected Best Buy stores.

Okay, Now, it's over.

So wait, New Super Luigi U is a boxed title now? Shit, I don't think it's really "new game" enough to be a boxed game. I think it works way better as DLC.

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

So apparently only the American Direct had any 3DS stuff.  What was in it?

So wait, New Super Luigi U is a boxed title now?

It can be bought boxed for a limited time only in case you don't have the Internet or something, but it's still what it is.

I wonder if Nintendo's newly announced partnership with Sega is what pissed EA off so bad? I mean, a couple of years ago it was Nintendo and EA with the big partnership. If EA caught wind of Nintendo and Sega being in talks for a similar partnering up, could they have decided to leave like a scorned lover?

So apparently only the American Direct had any 3DS stuff.  What was in it?

It can be bought boxed for a limited time only in case you don't have the Internet or something, but it's still what it is.

Nothing more than some eshop stuff on games we already have like Mario and Donkey Kong. Plus a little more on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Nintendo's newly announced partnership with Sega is what pissed EA off so bad? I mean, a couple of years ago it was Nintendo and EA with the big partnership. If EA caught wind of Nintendo and Sega being in talks for a similar partnering up, could they have decided to leave like a scorned lover?

I kinda doubt it? I dunno, maybe, given SEGA and Nintendo's images are relatively consistent (retro legacy developers), Nintendo may have been happier to partnership with SEGA who feel more at home on Nintendo systems.. but would EA really feel threatened by a company so "almost off the radar" like SEGA? Part of me thinks EA wouldn't even acknowledge SEGA's existence.. But I guess there is bad blood between them.

I wonder if this "partnership" with SEGA means more SEGA franchises now? I still kinda think it's little more than just "we have a couple of exclusives k"

• Thumbs Up 1

It's possible, but I also think that might be reading into the situation a little too deeply. I think Iwata just likes using the phrase "partnership" when it comes to the Wii U (Platinum, EA, SEGA, whoever else)

or more seriously, nintendo are seeming to be funding some amount of exclusive Wii U development when they can, hence partnership coming up

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing more than some eshop stuff on games we already have like Mario and Donkey Kong. Plus a little more on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Thanks - but, how odd.  I wonder why America needed an eShop advertisement when other regions didn't?  They're even having some kind of promo period for the Oracles games, where you can buy them at a discount for the first three weeks or so, I understand.  Will Europe also have such a deal, or is the American eShop facing problems that the European one isn't?

I'm looking up the American Direct... Sega GameGear games, the Oracles, Mario & Donkey Kong... huh.

From NoA's Twitter:

#IwataSays We will discuss new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3

From NoA's Twitter:

So is Nintendo basically going to have revealed all of their E3 stuff before E3? Or will there be even more at E3?

So is Nintendo basically going to have revealed all of their E3 stuff before E3? Or will there be even more at E3?

I can't say, but it looks like we'll have a kickass Nintendo Direct shortly before E3. It'll be the equivalent of the pre-E3 conference, only without all that embarrassing stage crap and sales charts.

Third parties might have some new Wii U things to reveal outside Nintendo's events after the ND, though.

Wait, so SEGA and Nintendo are effectively having a stable partnership?
I guess this is the end for the Valkyria Chronicles series then.

Only Yakuza 1 and 2? Aren't there like 5 games?

I imagine that they'll bring more out if the first two do okay.

Still, it's good that they're coming out for the Wii U, maybe I'll buy them if they look good enough. 

Wait, so SEGA and Nintendo are effectively having a stable partnership?

I guess this is the end for the Valkyria Chronicles series then.

Or the beginning of Fire Emblem X Valkyria Chronicles. 

But really, I don't think Sony owns the rights to anything VC related just because it was on their consoles.