Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I think that'll probably be exactly right, looking at the planet it looks like it can be moved around.

Yeah it's like a planet sized puzzle, that's capable of being re-arranged all over the place.

Exactly, and I would agree with you. That's my point... SA1 and 2 both had solid controls when you werent going fast, BUT it turned too tightly when you went fast, and messed everything up.

I COMPLETELY agree with you. Because I feel unleashed and generations have the opposite problem. they control well when theyre fast, but not as good when youre not going fast. Is it still playable? yes, JUST like SA1 AND 2 if you were decent at the game.

What's wrong with wanting good fast controls and good slow controls? instead of settling for the "alright" controls generations has. it's only "alright" cause they barely make you use it. 

The thing is, you are now contradicting your comment on the Adventure games having 'perfect controls or at least better than modern' by saying "when you go fast they mess up", and you're also saying "in the modern games when you go fast, you can't move very well".

I see the modern's method a better suit for platforming, really. Sonic is a franchise that is, admittedly, partially focused on speed, as well as platforming and exploration.

Generations' good controls when moving slowly assist in the platforming and exploration department, and for making good turns while going at a full speed, you actually have the Drift, which now controls fluently, unlike the pile of poop it was in Unleashed.

EDIT: Also, mods, if you feel that this is going too off-topic, I apologize. ^^'

Edited by Super Spindash

I hope those hexagonal shapes signifies a separate Act, and in that sense I hope this game has a good, long playtime.

But what if they're like a lot of Sonic Colors' Acts and they take around 30 - 45 seconds to complete?

• Thumbs Up 4

The thing is, you are now contradicting your comment on the Adventure games having 'perfect controls or at least better than modern' by saying "when you go fast they mess up", and you're also saying "in the modern games when you go fast, you can't move very well".

Neither are great. Modern games are clumsy at low speeds and too restrictive at high speeds, while the Adventure games were too twitchy at high speeds. But the Adventures at least got the low speeds mostly right.
  • Thumbs Up 1

But what if they're like a lot of Sonic Colors' Acts and they take around 30 - 45 seconds to complete?

Depends on the size of the Hexagons im guessing, the large ones will be actual levels, while the small ones are the short ones.

Generations doesn't have particularly amazing controls when moving slowly though.  Unless by slowly you mean "a crawl speed that you should never be moving at in a Sonic game".  Once you accelerate to even a light job your turning circle becomes huge.

This.

A large volume of short levels, is not as good as a handful of lengthy but satisfying stages. The former may work with Mario, but Sonic is different, and in his case, fewer longer stages are better.

• Thumbs Up 1

This.

A large volume of short levels, is not as good as a handful of lengthy but satisfying stages. The former may work with Mario, but Sonic is different, and in his case, fewer longer stages are better.

Sonic Colors always had like 3-4 decently long stages per level, Gens had two levels with a bunch of missions in between, Unleashed only had one large level and some smaller acts (for the Sonic levels)..

Man, I really don't know what to think of this. I mean I'm glad that Sega have partnered with Nintendo since this should hopefully mean even more quality in the games. But at the same time, it sucks for those without a Wii U/3DS (including myself).

I can't really judge the game right now, so I'm gonna wait until there's footage of it. I also pray that they won't use the GamePad as a constant gimmick, it should be optional IMO.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Depends on the size of the Hexagons im guessing, the large ones will be actual levels, while the small ones are the short ones.

But there's, like, hundreds of "large" hexagons. One area would be larger than an entire game.

If the artwork released is representative of the game's hub screen, I wonder if perhaps the player will get to recombine the hexagonal world parts (perhaps only one zone trope type at a time), and if that will have an effect on the layout of the levels? So you can recombine them to change what form the level takes, like a jigsaw, with the end goal being that you eventually eliminate all the gaps? I dunno, it looks/sounds interesting.

Here's my predictions on the gameplay itself;

• I really hope they don't play it safe and that it'll be something new and actually worthy of industry praise
  • It'll probably just be playing it safe anyway.
  • Thumbs Up 6

But there's, like, hundreds of "large" hexagons. One area would be larger than an entire game.

That is true, I suppose maybe some hexagons won't get used, or there will be "clusters" of hexagons that make up a large level and the single hexagons will be small ones. Time will tell I suppose.

Sonic Colors always had like 3-4 decently long stages per level, Gens had two levels with a bunch of missions in between, Unleashed only had one large level and some smaller acts (for the Sonic levels)..

Three to four? More like two to three in my experience. So.. more or less just like Generations?

I don't care about having a bunch of meaningless gimmick Acts that take less than a minute to complete that I likely won't play ever again. It's really no better than Generations' Challenge Acts.

Also Unleashed's Acts were generally quite long.

Edited by Chooch

Its hub world looks like Colors` so, I'm guessing this is something of a spiritual successor.

I just hope for something of an improvement from Colors & Generations, anything to show they're progressing and are willing to take some risks.

Three to four? More like one to two in my experience. So.. just like Generations?

Well no not at all, because I know for a fact that it as more than one or two (hell Aquarium park had like 4 iirc). I consider a stage that goes over two and a half minutes, uses multiple wisps, and has some form of both 2D and 3D a full level.

I don't care about having a bunch of meaningless gimmick Acts that take less than a minute to complete that I likely won't play ever again. It's really no better than Generations' Challenge Acts.

Also Unleashed's Acts were generally quite long.

Unleashed only had ONE long Sonic act per level, and while you can argue that the other acts were also long, they still only had a single stage gimmick.

Edited by Soniman

Here's my predictions on the gameplay itself;

• I really hope they don't play it safe and that it'll be something new and actually worthy of industry praise
  • It'll probably just be playing it safe anyway.

New gen, new gameplay style please.

• Thumbs Up 1

I consider Colours to be like this:

Tropical Resort main acts - 1, 2 and 3.
Sweet Mountain main acts - 1, 2 and 3.

Starlight Carnival main acts - 1 and 5.

Planet Wisp main acts - 1, 4 and 6.

Aquarium Park main acts - 1, 4 and 6.

Asteroid Coaster main acts - 1, 2 and 6.

Terminal Velocity - Act 1.

So yeah, mainly 2 or 3. In Colours I replay the main acts almost exclusively, so more main acts would be nice.

Judging from the image, we might be getting another game that only focuses on Sonic and Tails, since it looks like they're the only ones journeying to this place. I hope I'm wrong.

Not that it's a bad thing though, just pointing that out.

Judging from the image, we might be getting another game that only focuses on Sonic and Tails, since it looks like they're the only ones journeying to this place. I hope I'm wrong.

Not that it's a bad thing though, just pointing that out.

Hopefully Knuckles has just gone to get the Master Emerald pieces again after they fall out of the cargo... and hopefully he finds them before gameplay starts.

I think the amount they're shaking it up will be telling of how much involvement Nintendo has.

i.e. I think they're more likely to change gameplay and such if they have assistance from a developer who is experienced in consistently churning out games of an 8-10/10 quality. If Nintendo are very hands off besides finance, then we'll probably just get more of the same.

It's a really good opportunity for SEGA to mess around while having the security of a financial net to fall back on.. so I hope they take it. Then, when they're done, they can take their new ideas out onto other platforms too and Sonic's reputation will finally get better.

It'd be really stupid to not have at least Knuckles as a main character in this game; ever since Sonic CD and Episode II, him and Tails have been steadily coming back as playables in Jump, Dash, and now the Taxman port of Sonic 1. If he's not in this, I'm gonna be so pissed.

It'd be really stupid to not have at least Knuckles as a main character in this game; ever since Sonic CD and Episode II, him and Tails have been steadily coming back as playables in Jump, Dash, and now the Taxman port of Sonic 1. If he's not in this, I'm gonna be so pissed.

We still can't forget Hunnid-P's involvement in all of this. Though considering the looks of this game, I can't help but feel it will be a tad out of place, guess we'll see.

Edited by Soniman

I don't know if this has been posted already and I can't varify this myself, but given the volume of people claiming it I suppose it's real.

The Official Sonic Facebook page just leaked a bunch of stuff about the game.

- Full details will be announced on the 29th.

- the lost world (not worlds) is a partially unfinished planet seemingly made of hexagon tiles.
- the game has six “guardians” who may be friends or foes- only their outlines are shown but they look very cartoony, like characters from Rayman.
- most importantly, Sega and Nintendo have entered an exclusive partnership for Sonic’s next three games.