Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

If its like Michea Jackson then I can deal with it because it does actually sound good.

"Our next wave of Sonic Lost World content will arrive this Friday. Stay tuned. Should be plenty to look at, including first 3DS footage!"

-Rich George

3DS owners without Wii Us, get excited. Well, I am. This might be the first portable version of a console Sonic game that lives up to the console version. We already have screenshots of Sonic in 3rd person perspective mode, which gave most of us a lot of hope.

"Plenty to look at"? What could this mean? Will the names of the Deadly Six be revealed? Will there be footage of Sonic using Color Powers? Will we get more on the interchangeable speeds?

I just hope we get some gameplay of both the versions. Just a level or something.

Wii U

- Players can share and charge up items by sending them into Miiverse and sharing them with others around the world

- Wii U support mode has the second player piloting controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles

- Wii U multiplayer lets one person play on the GamePad and another person on the TV

3DS

- 3DS exclusive Special Stages has you tilting the system to navigate through levels; collect Chaos Emeralds in these levels

- Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic

- Local and online multiplayer confirmed

General

- Sonic can fly through the air, tear up levels, and explode into enemies

- Areas include “mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky”

- “ultra-competitive levels and modes” for multiplayer

- Share gadgets between the Wii U and 3DS versions

What's this whole thing about gadgets?

And sharing them between people?

COMPETITIVE LEVELS FOR MULTIPLAYER?? YES!!!!

Underground tunnels? Hmmm

Online multiplayer? Nice!

But yeah.. what's this whole thing about gadgets?

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204339

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I assume the gadgets are the same as the items you can power up through Miiverse and send around the world.  It sounds as if they're little gameplay helpers?  Ah, Eggman must be making them for Sonic.  They're his end of the deal for their team-up.  If they're swappable between versions and over Miiverse, I imagine they're a bit like Chao - many different variations with different powers and abilities and the ones you get will be random, hence the enforced social element of trading with others to get the best ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.gameslice.com/2013/06/06/e3-live-schedule-on-spike-and-gt/

2 PM ET – 3 PM: THE NINTENDO POWER HOUR WITH REGGIE AND MIYAMOTO!
It’s the interview you’ve been waiting all E3 (well let’s be honest, ALL YEAR!) to see. Geoff Keighley sits down with REGGIE FILS-AIME for an in-depth two part interview about the state of Nintendo. Will Reggie yell at Geoff again or will he check all the boxes and leave the competition in the dust? Find out live! Plus, the legend himself SHIGERU MIYAMOTO joins Geoff as well for a special chat about what’s new at Nintendo. Finally our friends from MEGA64 join us to discuss their thoughts on E3 so far and we show the first E3 demo of SONIC LOST WORLDS for the Wii-U

I wonder if this means Sonic Lost World will be one of the games to get a Best Buy demo?

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 6

http://www.gameslice.com/2013/06/06/e3-live-schedule-on-spike-and-gt/

I wonder if this means Sonic Lost World will be one of the games to get a Best Buy demo?

Wow, so we are getting news and gameplay of Sonic Lost World tomorrow AND at E3 as well...sweet, that should satisfy me greatly.

Too bad I live in London so I can't play it IF it actually turns out that it's one of the Best Buy demos =/

Edited by KrazyBean

Been catching up with the Lost World news and I have mixed feelings about it. Some parts of the trailer looked interesting such as the new gameplay. I think it's actually good that the boost has been removed and Sonic's old running style has come back but I'm still not hyped for it. Not sure if I like the look of the guardians and I'm not really keen on the wisps returning. The paths in Wind Hill look linear, I hope that's not the case for other levels. The art style also isn't as good as before but it's not bad. I want to see more so I can give a proper judgement. As for the 3DS version, it's decent and already looks better than Generations 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

does the green girl have a name yet? I want to find fan art of her but I do not know what to search for.

does the green girl have a name yet? I want to find fan art of her but I do not know what to search for.

Nope. You probably don't wanna go around looking for fan art of her, anyway, though.

...or do you? O_o

Nope. You probably don't wanna go around looking for fan art of her, anyway, though.

...or do you? O_o

I think shes a little cute :D though sadly all fanart is pretty much 18+

Just look up "Deadly Six," and you'll get what you're looking for... more or less.

So is it just the 3DS version that has the online multiplayer or does the Wii U version have it too?

The Wii U most likely will have online just like the 3DS, but it wouldn't hurt for a little confirmation to be sure. Hopefully they'll shed some light about that later on today.

Edited by StriCNYN3

The Wii U version looks like it's running at 60FPS but with you can never really tell from videos. The game looks great so far and the open levels make it seem like it will have a high replay value but I'm not so sure on that one. The controls look to be Adventure style if that makes sense. I would have liked something plot wise revealed, but I guess we'll have to wait on that. I'm looking forward to Knuckles returning and the Dr. Eggman team up!

Edit: I also noticed the invincibility and Speed Shoes powerup have the Sonic Heroes theme as the jingle. Interesting.

Edited by lefteri001

That's actually looking quite marvellous.

The WiiU version seems to focus more on exploration though.

All right, so, I think I'm more hyped now than I was before. Few things:

Gameplay:

-I think the Parkour mechanic will do a great job of keeping the flow going and making sure the pace doesn't get broken.

-I feel a little better about the tiered speed thing. If it'll help with precision platforming, than more power to it.

-I'm not sure if I see myself using the kick attack often. It's likely I'll forget I have it more often than not.

Level Design:

-Looks like the best the series has had in a while. It seems to have that openness that people have been asking for for so long, but not to the extent that you don't know where to go. You just have a ton of ways to get there. Hell, even the Dimps version looks good.

Art Style:

-What do I wanna say? It looks Nintendo-influenced, but it still has that Sonic feel to it. Like, nothing looks out of place. Even the Desert Ruins Zone 2 on the 3DS version looks a lot like Tropical Resort from Colors.

Music:

-Seems like Tomoya Ohtani is back for this one. Windy Hill sounds very Rooftop Run-ish, and I think Desert Ruins Zone 3 had a remix of Skyscraper Scamper, or at least a song that sounded like it. Also, the Speed Up theme uses the drumbeat from Sonic Heroes. Sounds pretty good so far. Speaking of Speed Up...

General:

-This game seems to be really invoking the Classic feel, doesn't it? I mean, two of the elemental shields (one of which has a new attack) are back, we have Speed Shoes, capsules with animal friends, badniks being powered by animals, the spindash, the overall wacky art style and level design, levels being called "zones" again. Only thing it doesn't have is the actual Classic Sonic model. This might be the most "classic" game we've had since the series went to 3D.

Overall, I'm so ready for this game. Just need a Wii U first...