Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Just reading it now... has this been said yet?

PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U & Nintendo 3DS versions.

Gadgets?

Just reading it now... has this been said yet?

Gadgets?

Yeah, apparently the multiplayer (Maybe single player too, I don't fully remember) mode has assist gadgets, which player two uses to help player one. You can also do some Miiverse stuf with them, I think it's like trading and stuff.

EDIT: Yup, it was on page 147.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

I'm surprised no one has noted that the Mach Speed sections from '06 are back, and much improved!

I did. But I was busy elsewhere so I couldn't post.

The game does look very great handling wise, and so do those mach speed sections. At least we now know what the white lines following Sonic in that trailer/screenshot are now. 

I just hope we get a demo of this, and that it is unlimited playthroughs, as I would play this EVERY DAY until release.

So that birthday party at joypolis. 100 people will be reciving these.

tokuten1_index.png

Anything new on there or can anyone translate what it is?

Sonikku Rosuto Warudo

Orijinaru Pasukeesu

Purezento!

Basically

Sonic Lost World

Original pass case?

Present!

So maybe the lucky 100 get a special present that's Lost World-related.

Orijinaru Pasukeesu

Pasukeesu = maybe keesu is keys?

It looks like a keychain.

I doubt they'd give anything large away so soon.

Pasukeesu = maybe keesu is keys?

It looks like a keychain.

I doubt they'd give anything large away so soon.

If it was a keyring I believe the katakana would translate as 'kiizu' (keys) or kiiringu (keyring)

I don't know pasukesu amounts to in english. My best bet is some kind of case, maybe to hold things inside of?

EDIT: missed the hiragana character for 'wo' on the end of pasukesu, so it's pasukesuwo unless 'wo' denotes the end of the sentence and isn't part of the word.

Passkeys, most likely.

EDIT: missed the hiragana character for 'wo' on the end of pasukesu, so it's pasukesuwo unless 'wo' denotes the end of the sentence and isn't part of the word.

を is a particle to indicate direct objects.

Stage with disco-y BGM that has a bee-hive theme... Something tells me that one of the devs is a fan of Black Dynamite.

Edited by @ut0

I've been thinking.

When you look at the Deadly Six, does any of them strike you as being a 'final boss' candidate? Not really.

So the final boss then.... Eggman? Or New Monster of the Week? Or will the Deadly Six be fused together into some kind of 'deadly diddly' monster of the week?

It's probably gonna either be a combination of all of them, their "ruler", or Robotnik. Don't see why it'd be anything else.

I'm loving the gameplay footage, though I'm not a fan of the mach speed zone.... though I can easily say it looks better than Sonic 06's mach speed.  I just really like the 3D levels, and want much more of the parkour and platforming... Which, by the way, doesn't look like it can only work in a galaxy style game, so I hope we see more of this in future games.

I've been thinking.

When you look at the Deadly Six, does any of them strike you as being a 'final boss' candidate? Not really.

So the final boss then.... Eggman? Or New Monster of the Week? Or will the Deadly Six be fused together into some kind of 'deadly diddly' monster of the week?

Big red kinda gives the final boss vibe, but only if he were to bulk up somehow. I don't forsee any fusing. Another possibility is that the six of them are working toward reviving/awakening their own monster of the week. Some deity of the lost world or something... And I think they'll end up regretting it later on, and offer Sonic some apologies and handshakes once this guy is dead.

It's still possible Eggman could take their thunder at the end, but I'm not getting that impression this time..

Calling it now. At the end of the game Eggman double crosses sonic, captures the deadly six, puts them in a robot that can use their powers, and you now have your final boss.

• Thumbs Up 3

I call it now, the final boss is a giant Nack the Weasel!

Calling it now. The boss is a giant mutant of all four small animals shown in the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it now. At the end of the game Eggman double crosses sonic, captures the deadly six, puts them in a robot that can use their powers, and you now have your final boss.

This is more or less my prediction, and I have no objections.  Given how often Eggman's been betrayed by his creations and ousted from the final boss spot - in the case of Lost World, before the game even begins! - then it'd be great to see him turn the tables and become the final boss using the same method.  Learning from his mistakes!

I call it: Knuckles is the final boss because Eggman told him Sonic said something lewd about his mother The Master Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nintendo UK Product Page  Now why is this worth pointing out?

Type: Wii U

Release date: 2013

Categories: Action, Adventure, Platformer

Multiplayer mode: Simultaneous

Age rating: 7

Publisher SEGA

Developer: Sonic Team

Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Controller: Wii U GamePad

How involved are Nintendo with this? I thought they were publishing it, but from this and the boxart it seems that SEGA is still being pegged as the publisher. Maybe Nintendo is just throwing money at SEGA?

I wonder if we'll be getting the multiple dubs again. I want to play the game in German.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if we'll be getting the multiple dubs again. I want to play the game in German.

I hope we do. Not that I ever use any setting other than English, but I suppose it's a nice thing for fans, especially the younger ones, across the world. And of course it'd really suck for the European dubs to be dropped after just one game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo UK Product Page  Now why is this worth pointing out?

How involved are Nintendo with this? I thought they were publishing it, but from this and the boxart it seems that SEGA is still being pegged as the publisher. Maybe Nintendo is just throwing money at SEGA?

That is interesting. I wonder if its a mistake, or perhaps a reference to that SEGA is publishing it everywhere but Europe?