Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Summer of Sonic needs a Deadly Six name matching game. Six images and six name cards, 30 seconds to put the right name with the right picture. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Summer of Sonic needs a Deadly Six name matching game. Six images and six name cards, 30 seconds to put the right name with the right picture. 

Fair play to Sega: I looked at the names once and now, nearly an hour later, can remember them off the top of my head.  Maybe the Deadly Six are better-designed than I thought.

I dunno if it was just the player being an idiot, but seeing him use Laser has not made me any more confident in how they're handling Color Powers in this.

Upon seeign more and more of the game I'm actually not particularly fond of the artstyle, it looks SuperMario-ish to me. 

That trailer is clearly old footage. In the IGN gameplay we see these wooden fences, but in the trailer they're just massive black slabs.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9-2ZYlIBg

Let me just say that I absolutely love the jumping animation in this. It looks and feels SO BOUNCY AND FUN. It's like they took the classic Sonic concept of bouncing on enemies and gave it cartoony physics. It's awesome. He bounces pretty high after doing a homing attack, too. I approve. 

I'm getting excited for this game again. Kinda wish I had a Wii U/3DS. *sigh*...

• Thumbs Up 3

Goddamn is the music in this game so pleasant. I love it so far. The music for the candy level fits so perfectly

It's that chorus from 1:13. Pleasant is the perfect word for it, cause it just sounds so happy and cheery, and yet so simple.

Edited by Blue Blood

It sounds like Roger C. Smith got new in-game voice clips. Nothing big, but it's worth mentioning, I guess.

Is it me, or do they use the Zone term again...

As a replacement for Act (The loading screen makes it a bit ambiguous, but the stage clear message makes it clear)?!

The only other game to have done this, as far as I know, is Sonic CD (Round/Zone), so I really expected it to be Zone/Act for this, considering the classics all (except CD) use Zone/Act, and is pretty much the logical terminology to reuse.

I wonder if this has a deeper implication than this... Hmm.

I guess it's Windy Hill Round then, at the very le-

...Hill Round.

Round Hill.

...What do I win?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym9-2ZYlIBg

Let me just say that I absolutely love the jumping animation in this. It looks and feels SO BOUNCY AND FUN. It's like they took the classic Sonic concept of bouncing on enemies and gave it cartoony physics. It's awesome. He bounces pretty high after doing a homing attack, too. I approve. 

I'm getting excited for this game again. Kinda wish I had a Wii U/3DS. *sigh*...

Wow that music

Thought just occurred; I think this game would really benefit from having some kind of tutorial to elaborate on the controls and mechanics of the game. This game is so different to so many other Sonic games that there's the potential issue of newer and/or younger players not really getting the gist of how to play. I think even something like Unleashed's tutorial would be great. A simple playground type of level designed to allow the player to adjust to the game. Heck it would even be really cool if said level was revisitable at any point in the game so the player could hone their skills.

• Thumbs Up 6

One of the acts in the 3DS version is called "Windy Hill: Tutorial" and is littered with hint icons. I definitely wouldn't be against a tutorial stage like Rush Adventure's, where the player can opt to be taught the mechanics of the game step by step or they can just get on with it without a guide.