Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Thought just occurred; I think this game would really benefit from having some kind of tutorial to elaborate on the controls and mechanics of the game. This game is so different to so many other Sonic games that there's the potential issue of newer and/or younger players not really getting the gist of how to play. I think even something like Unleashed's tutorial would be great. A simple playground type of level designed to allow the player to adjust to the game. Heck it would even be really cool if said level was revisitable at any point in the game so the player could hone their skills.

Agreed, especially since we are at a day and age where manuals are only used for reading material when you're releasing bombs in the toilet...no one reads a manual before playing the game nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 3

Agreed, especially since we are at a day and age where manuals are only used for reading material when you're releasing bombs in the toilet...no one reads a manual before playing the game nowadays.
I usually read them whenever I'm on the way home from the store, mainly so I can look at more screenshots.

Thought just occurred; I think this game would really benefit from having some kind of tutorial to elaborate on the controls and mechanics of the game. This game is so different to so many other Sonic games that there's the potential issue of newer and/or younger players not really getting the gist of how to play. I think even something like Unleashed's tutorial would be great. A simple playground type of level designed to allow the player to adjust to the game. Heck it would even be really cool if said level was revisitable at any point in the game so the player could hone their skills.

I actually said that on the E3, and it's damn true, because the demo lacks a tutorial and people are just thrown in, and then start complaining.

I got MAD because this girl was complaining that Sonic was too slow, that it doesn't feel like a Sonic game; she clearly forgot how slow Sonic 1 was for a good comparison (Ignore the speed-limitless new remake). I do believe SEGA should've at least put a big instructions screen at the beginning of the level, with pictures showing what you do, like in the loading screens of Sonic Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes.

Tutorial level, and the controls on the loading screen. That would make a good combination to newer players, or even those more experienced ones who need a few pointers.

I actually said that on the E3, and it's damn true, because the demo lacks a tutorial and people are just thrown in, and then start complaining.

I got MAD because this girl was complaining that Sonic was too slow, that it doesn't feel like a Sonic game; she clearly forgot how slow Sonic 1 was for a good comparison (Ignore the speed-limitless new remake). I do believe SEGA should've at least put a big instructions screen at the beginning of the level, with pictures showing what you do, like in the loading screens of Sonic Unleashed.

The 3DS version has a tutorial though

I just noticed something about the animal friends in Lost World. Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but eh, whatever.

Now, I have posted this on another forum, but I don't think it will be that bad to post this again. Anyway, we know of such animals such as Flicky (the blue bird), Pecky (the penguin), Picky (the pig), Pocky (the rabbit) and Cucky (the chicken), who have all appeared in the Mario and Sonic series as well as both episodes of Sonic 4. But here is something I have found out...

Skip to 9:47 where the animals jump out of the capsule Sonic stomps on. Now look closely at the animals...

Don't the brown creatures look like this?

http://info.sonicretro.org/Ricky

And don't the grey creatures look like this?

http://info.sonicretro.org/Rocky

Those two were animals that were rescue-able in the classic Genesis Sonic games. The thing is, possibly before now, after the classic days, Rocky and Ricky have not been seen much in recent Sonic games, not even in the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games series alongside the other animal friends. They did not appear in either episode of Sonic 4 as well.

So, what do you guys think of this?

They're clearly visible in other screenshots. All the Sonic 1 animals are showing up.

Games come with manuals nowadays?

I love that the old animals are getting more screentime.

I kind of wish they would make some new critters in the same style, though. Throw in a duck, a red panda or a puppy dog. Something new!

I love that the old animals are getting more screentime.

I kind of wish they would make some new critters in the same style, though. Throw in a duck, a red panda or a puppy dog. Something new!

I'd have to agree with this. New animal friends to rescue would be a good thing to try and make. A ferret, a duck and something like a hippo as new animal friends along with others is something I'd like to see.

Official cover art:

GOSeawT.jpg

Now I bet people are gonna start saying "Why can't the games graphics look like this? Look at that grass!".

• Thumbs Up 1

To me, individually it all looks great, but something, I think it's the composition, just looks really off :/

Comparing to Gens, Colours and unleashed this doesn't look as good as them to me

I got it! It's the Deadly 6, they don't look integrated into the cover, just photoshopped on top, everything else looks great though! :)

I love that the old animals are getting more screentime.   I kind of wish they would make some new critters in the same style, though. Throw in a duck, a red panda or a puppy dog. Something new!
I always thought it would be cool if they brought back some of the critters from the Adventure games and gave them names.

Now I bet people are gonna start saying "Why can't the games graphics look like this? Look at that grass!".

The worst part is that I've already been in the conversation with someone over this! He's quite the annoying Sonic fan.

So from what I've gathered, the role of the gamepad is mainly limited to controlling Wisp powers. Personally I think off-TV support would be more valuable. Thoughts?

So from what I've gathered, the role of the gamepad is mainly limited to controlling Wisp powers. Personally I think off-TV support would be more valuable. Thoughts?

Off-TV Play has already been confirmed to be a feature for this game. 

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Off-TV Play has already been confirmed to be a feature for this game. 

Oh, but then how does one use the Wisp powers if they're done with the gamepad?

You yell the name of the wisp at the gamepad

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm guessing you just flick it anyway ( for the lazer) maybe it comes up transparent until of the screen?

Normally the GamePad displays a map and a Wisp icon in the upper right corner. When you activate the Wisp power the GamePad then displays the same as the TV. With that in mind, off-screen play works fine. Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

... When the game prompts you to use them, I presume?

The titular "Lost World" is a brand new location to the franchise - would it make the slightest lick of sense if everyone or everything Sonic encountered there was exactly like back on Earth?

-yes, because various Earth things could end up being in Lost World just like the little animals, Eggman, Sonic, and Tails?

-Windy Hill looks very much like Green Hill on Earth

Or various new things could, and they could take advantage of this being a new world to make new settings?

• Thumbs Up 1