Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I've noticed that in SLW 3DS, Sonic leaves a trail of large colorful stars when parkouring. It might be a reference to the Sonic CD intro. Speaking of which, SLW 3DS seems to have a few good features that the Wii U version doesn't, like better control when running (not turning on a dime), that blade of air stunning attack, elemental shields, and keeping Sonic in a ball after a double jump, so he isn't vulnerable if landing on a hazard.

that blade of air stunning attack

That should have been left for Shadow since it looks totally like Chaos spear albeit with stunning, not destruction.

Speaking of which, SLW 3DS seems to have a few good features that the Wii U version doesn't, like better control when running (not turning on a dime), that blade of air stunning attack, elemental shields, and keeping Sonic in a ball after a double jump, so he isn't vulnerable if landing on a hazard.

Well the air slash doesn't actually seem all that great, since it just seems to stun enemies you can't attack immediately. It just seems to slow down the game, add an unnecessary action.
  • Thumbs Up 1

That should have been left for Shadow since it looks totally like Chaos spear albeit with stunning, not destruction.

So basically not really chaos spear at all. 

Well the air slash doesn't actually seem all that great, since it just seems to stun enemies you can't attack immediately. It just seems to slow down the game, add an unnecessary action.

Some video's have shown Sonic can destroy the caterkillers without it, but he might lock on to their bodies instead of their heads which results in losing rings and sending their spikes flying, just like in Sonic 1. I'm expecting some enemies that absolutely have to be stunned first though, which I don't like the sound of.

Some video's have shown Sonic can destroy the caterkillers without it, but he might lock on to their bodies instead of their heads which results in losing rings and sending their spikes flying, just like in Sonic 1. I'm expecting some enemies that absolutely have to be stunned first though, which I don't like the sound of.

Doesn't sound like that big of a problem to me, I can imagine some pretty cool platforming segments with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really, it's not like Sonic's never had random projectile attacks, not to mention you can interpret it as Sonic cutting the air...literally.

Not really, it's not like Sonic's never had random projectile attacks, not to mention you can interpret it as Sonic cutting the air...literally.

I think of it as the Insta-shield from sonic 3 on steroids personally

Saw this on Retro. So I thought I would post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=prJdHUs6Qn8

• Thumbs Up 2

What I want to know, is why are the wisps in the universe of sonic lost world? I mean I'm perfectly fine with it, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Saw this on Retro. So I thought I would post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=prJdHUs6Qn8

So in other words... You come to SSMB but NOT TO TSS?.....................................................................................................

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/06/freak-out-friday-sonic-lost-worlds-parkour-engine/

A little case study from the team behind Lost World's media campaign (they also did the same for ASRT).

SonicEscalators4.jpg

EDIT: Oh hey, looks like they've done pretty much everything for Sonic since Generations! Vimeo

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Music from 3DS trailer:

Do you guys know if there is an official instrumental of this? SEGA seems to have a habit of getting songs that dont have official instrumentals avaliable to the plublic.

About Multiplayer:

NWR: The demos on the floor are all single player. Can you discuss the co-op and versus multiplayer?

TI: We'll have different multiplayer modes on both Wii U and 3DS. On the Wii U, there's booth cooperative and versus multiplayer. In cooperative play, Sonic will be using the Wii U GamePad and someone can be supporting Sonic in co-op with the Wii Remote. In versus mode, one player will be playing on the TV screen and the other player will be racing using the GamePad so you don't have to have split screen. You both have your own screen and can race each other. The Wii U multiplayer is not on the Internet. It's basically everyone sitting on the same couch. The 3DS for the first time we're having 4-player versus racing over Wi-Fi and the Internet.

NWR: One more question here. Sonic was very popular in Smash Bros. for Wii. Is there any possibility of him making a return appearance in the next Smash Bros.?

TI: All we can say is that we also think it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros. So yea, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/34730

I hope other players in 3DS multiplayer are color-swapped Sonics in everyone's perspective, and not just hovering emblems.

"Sometimes you want to double jump and you push 'A' 'A' but the game doesn't read it contextually, it's hard to read exactly what the player wants to do. Sometimes the player even with enemies there, they want to double jump, but it does a homing attack so we decided to address that this time by having both the 'A' and 'B' button do a jump, but one of the buttons always does a jump with the homing attack and one always does a double jump."

The mobile site doesn't have the full posting menu and I don't know the code for quoting, what do you want me to do?

Great, so they're not pulling off another Unleashed HD.

Edited by @ut0

The candy stage sticks out as a little more unusual, even more than the other stages actually, but it still comes from what we were saying. You're in the Desert Ruins world now. Even though you might get tired of the desert after two stages you're going to be in the desert for six stages now. Players might get tired of that. So that's coming from the idea that we want to try something different. More variety, especially in the worlds that people might get more tired of.

- Takashi Iizuka

6 stages per Zone confirmed

6 stages per Zone confirmed

So 6 stages are named Desert zone but not all of them are desert levels. How it makes any sense is beyond me.

Edited by ArtFenix

So 6 stages are named Desert zone but not all of them are desert levels. How it makes any sense is beyond me.

I'll take any excuse to not have to do any desert levels.

If anything, it'll be called "Dessert Ruins" by fans.

I want to see Sonic run on top of a chili dog so bad.

Come on, y'all. Admit it - they missed the perfect opportunity for this in Sweet Mountain. Now's the time.

• Thumbs Up 4

So 6 stages per Zone, and there will most probably be 6 Zones + 1 Final Zone with 1 Act...so.

6 x 6 = 36 + 1 = 37 stages in total. This is exactly like Colours...I just hope that these stages don't take 30 seconds to complete.

Edited by KrazyBean

But only one of them was a Dessert level.

Honeycombs are pretty darn delicious.

• Thumbs Up 1