Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

That level was hardly trying to use the theme of desserts, though. Desert Ruins so far has desert ruins, sweets and honeycomb galaxy forest.

I'm liking the new info. Multiplayer finally returns in a 3D Sonic game, 6 stages per Zone and Sonic possibly being in the next Smash Bros? I'll freakin' take it...

Remember when we were all worried that the game was gonna have generic tropes? Boy howdy were we wrong.

If anything though, the 3DS version seems to have actual desert levels. 

• Thumbs Up 6

So far...

We haven't seen all of Desert Ruins. The Desert Ruin Acts we have seen so far might not even be in the right order, but there is probably at least one or two actual Desert Levels in the Wii U version.

Remember when we were all worried that the game was gonna have generic tropes? Boy howdy were we wrong.

If anything though, the 3DS version seems to have actual desert levels. 

So will the Wii U version. Why are people even doubting this?

I'm still amazed people thought the stages were going to be wholly generic and "Mario-looking" based on a marketing render of the planet from far away. Like WTF. :/ But in any event, I'm not so much concerned with the tropes anyway so much as I am the type of gameplay and level design each one will have. Six stages per area sounds like two stages per level type (Parkour, 2D, and speed). More of that and less focus on smaller mini-acts.

• Thumbs Up 9

I personaly think it would be fun if we see the return of multiplayer similar too, but improved to SA2's with multiple characters, but with more varied gameplay abilities in each mode, like if you could have put Knux in the race mode, or something along those lines ;)

And finally the development team members have wanted to kind of accentuate the connection to the past Genesis games."

This looks less like the Genesis games than Generations, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

This looks less like the Genesis games than Generations, though.

They were probably trying to reference their roots rather than pull directly from them.

"

Good, Iizuka, very good.

Yeah that's good, but it makes me want a PS4/Xbox One Sonic game to pull off the old artstyle at 60 FPS.........

• Thumbs Up 8

I hope that's how things are.

Mini-acts would fucking suck.

I personally wouldn't mind some mini acts that had you rack up points by doing parkour moves in order to make the goal ring appear, these would be optional of course but they could probably add some nice unlockables to the mix.

As far as structure goes, I would hope the worlds don't adhere to any kind of set level pattern and it's just kinda "hey, here's a level, here's another one" and they all just kind of are whatever they are. I wanna constantly be shocked.

Edited by Chili Dawg
  • Thumbs Up 1

As far as structure goes, I would hope the worlds don't adhere to any kind of set level pattern and it's just kinda "hey, here's a level, here's another one" and they all just kind of are whatever they are. I wanna constantly be shocked.

Well, so far the only level that seems to repeat a patern, is Windy Hill, but since it's the first world, we can forgive it, right? Desert Ruins showed a candy level and a honeycomb/tree level on the Wii U, and some sort of inside pyramid on the 3DS. Remember Aaron said that the 3DS will have all new levels? I don't know if he meant level design or level trope, so maybe that pyramid level is 3DS only.

Edited by Jango

Since the levels we've seen in Desert Ruins so far seem to be drastically different in terms of aesthetics, I wonder what differences there will be in Wind Hill. One of the screenshots seems to be in the running level but looks similar to the normal 3D one, but maybe there'll be a gimmick in that level not in the other ones, or something, to make it unique (other than the gameplay).

Edited by ElementofChaos

Well, so far the only level that seems to repeat a patern, is Windy Hill, but since it's the first world, we can forgive it, right?

Haven't we only seen one act of Windy Hill?

One Wind Hill screenshot has a running animation that I think is from the mach speed acts, so I assume it's a different act than what we've seen so far?

One Wind Hill screenshot has a running animation that I think is from the mach speed acts, so I assume it's a different act than what we've seen so far?

Windy Hill Zone 1 has a "mach speed" section hidden within its many alternate routes, as shown in certain footage from E3; though it's possible there will still be a full mach speed stage in Windy Hill as well. Specifically, the player had Sonic jump into a secret gold cannon that shot him off into a secret "mach speed" path where he could grab the "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" things to get an extra life while blazing through a curvy tube-like structure at full speed.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haven't we only seen one act of Windy Hill?

We've seen at least three. Only one was in the demo, but from screenshots and the trailer we've also seen another tubular level and one set at sunset (the sunset one also appears on the 3DS).

The desert thing REALLY bugs me.

Honeycombs + Sweets + 4 other things = Desert Ruins? ....yeaaaaaah

The game used to look really nauseating but now I've got used to it. I really love the graphical style. I liked it from the start but the fact that it runs at 60fps and looking at in motion sealed it.

Edited by Faseeh