Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I predict that Zeena will be a strong, confident, respetable, female character who is a genuine threat and who's purpose isn't just to spout romantic/flirtatious undertnoes.......yeah.

You're giving them too much credit mang. 

How about a cutscene where Knuckles takes a liking to Zeena. Then Rouge will have some competition.

Now that you mention it, I'm now praying to god the deadly six will be recurring antagonists just to see how they'll interact with characters like Rouge and Shadow. That is if Sega will even bother using Rouge and Shadow in the future.

The "gadgets" that people seem to be forgetting about.

I thought those could only be made on the 3DS and then ported to the Wii U.

I don't have faith in them because the last two games they've written are really poor with the plot; I'm glad Lost World is stepping it up a bit with the dialogue but my skepticism remains.

• Thumbs Up 3

Still prefer their work on Colors (as shakey as it may have been) to 85% of everything else to come out of this series, so my optmism is still strong.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

I don't have faith in them because the last two games they've written are really poor with the plot; I'm glad Lost World is stepping it up a bit with the dialogue but my skepticism remains.

Have to agree. I give Generations a pass because well it was more about the stages and I can't remember a single thing that happened in the cutscenes apart from something about blue jelly and Sonic a chili dog with a ribbon on it from Tails.

Nearly everything that came out of Sonic's mouth in Colours made me cringe. Couldn't watch another cutscene after the "Yeah I'm stretching? Got a problem with that?" line. I thought Shadow's cutscenes and story were pantsu on head retarded and atrocious yet I didn't skip anything. For some reason I couldn't stomach Colours, but I watched every cutscene in Shadow's game, how odd.

Guess some things don't sit well for others.

Edited by Alice Twilight
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, now that I remember, Tails fixed the wisp translator at the end of Colors, think they'll use that in the plot? I mean, now they can actually talk with the Wisps withouth having to figure what the hell half of the translated stuff means... Either that or Tails just threw the translator away after the events of Colors.

• Thumbs Up 3

75% of the plot was about the translator, 10% was the boss cutscenes, 5% was the origin of infected wisps and 15% was the actual story would have seen more dialogue instead of him talking to a destroyed robot, Underwear worn by salad ergh, The forshadowing of the climax at the beginning with the disjointed big boy's arm rendering the laser cannon to backfire causing eggman to fail anyway these felt okay The parts I like were eggman's hammy PR announcements, the black hole escape, The introduction of sonic colours with the wisps playing around in a cute manner and orbot's sarcasm...

Edited by DarkShadowMaster
  • Thumbs Up 1

The dialogue sounds like something I'd expect from action cartoons nowadays. ...I'm completely ok with this.

• Thumbs Up 9

You are COMPLETELY over exaggerating, as people tend to do with SA2's story.

Fun Fact : I don't care for SA2 much, I just felt like pointing out Tails' slow but sure path of ruling the entire cosmos

don't take this seriously either please ;c

Also I don't care too much for the dialogue, or rather I don't think it's that bad. 

I for one think the dialogue is pretty dark yet I really like it. At least this time it's just not the same curse word over and over again. (Here's looking at you Shadow the Hedgehog. Still that game isn't that bad...) I knew I heard one of those lines when I first watched one of the trailers for the game and thought "Did they really say that?" (It was this quote: "I long for death’s cold embrace") That's probably my favorite line from any Sonic game to date. I can't wait to play this at Sonic Boom and October needs to get here faster. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow overusing the word "DAMN!!!!" or "Damn not here" Still a funny quote of a fan favourite but when sonic says it it feels out of place on the tank mission in Lethal Highway...

Hey......what are the chances of the third exclusive Sonic game becoming Adventure 3? 

(I know, it's silly of me to think such).

Edited by Narukami07

I should probably mention that the overall story is probably drafted internally by Sonic Team, with the writers mainly taking care of dialogue and suchlike. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic and Mario tennis perhaps or a sonic/mario platforming game with sonic in mario's world and Mario in sonic's world with sonic facing bowser and his koopa army and Mario facing eggman and his badniks sorta like crash and spyro fusion only a lot better it could work would make a quality game...

Guys, the difference between this game's dialogue and that of Shadow the Hedgehog is that Shadow was expected to be taken seriously. Until we hear somebody say "where's that damn fourth Zeti?" I don't think we've got anything to worry about.

• Thumbs Up 6

It both annoys and saddens me that dialogue this paltry is actually getting this amount of discussion on its supposed appropriateness for the games. I can't tell if it's symptomatic of the games being watered down to the point that it's now a culture shock, or the public's pervasive belief that Sonic games are actually supposed to be extremely dull in terms of narrative and dialogue.

So, I suppose you don't like this game's narrative?

It both annoys and saddens me that dialogue this paltry is actually getting this amount of discussion on its supposed appropriateness for the games. I can't tell if it's symptomatic of the games being watered down to the point that it's now a culture shock, or the public's pervasive belief that Sonic games are actually supposed to be extremely dull in terms of narrative and dialogue.

I think it's more to do with the fact that the dialogue places some implications on the game.

Based on the samples. We now have a Sonic game in which a character has attempted to commit Genocide and another who wants to kill himself.

This isn't like previous titles where it's "I'm gonna take over this city/the world, now to destroy some buildings and cause panic and chaos. Genocide means to actively go out and kill a specific type of person. We have a Sonic character who is doing that, or seriously considering it to the point in which another has had to point it out.

And nobody sees a problem with it?

It's not so much a case of 'whoa I never expected this from a Sonic game' so much as it's a case of 'why is this even in a Sonic game?'

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really that paltry when you think about it, even before the narrative was watered down, when have Sonic games had such overt references to death? Only Sa2 and Shadow spring to mind.

Eggman's definitely done some stuff that's borderline genocide. It's really nothing that out there.

• Thumbs Up 5

Don't know if this has been posted. According to a TSSZ article:

"We’ve heard this song and dance before about getting back to Sonic’s roots many times before, though not quite like this.  In an interview with the UK’s official Nintendo Magazine, Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka talks about the balance of speed versus platforming in recent Sonic games.  In the context of Sonic Lost World, however, as relayed by Nintendo Everything, get ready for much more of the latter."

Iizuka explains:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/07/30/iizuka-we-want-mario-players-for-sonic-lost-world/

"Sonic started out as a platform title but, as we got to the more recent ones, it changed to be a more speed-based game. Recent fans will be familiar with that speed-based gaming, but with Lost World, we wanted to win back the platform fans. We don’t just want old Sonic fans to come back, though: we want Mario players and other platform gamers to enjoy the new game, too."

"but with Lost World, we wanted to win back the platform fans."             

I want this so much. Based more on platforming and less on speed.

"we want Mario players and other platform gamers to enjoy the new game, too"        

Well obviously.

Edited by -Bender-