Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

That is a pretty bitching track, the jungle level looks impressive too. Other than that, its alright. Dessert level looks boring as fuck tho.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic 2 'Grabber' enemy Grabber_sprite.png makes a return. Nice.

Is it just me or does the new parkour system look really fun.

HOLY OPENNESS BATMAN

That's probably the most space I've ever seen in a 3D Sonic level.

Also the music was pretty awesome too, assuming that was the actual level track.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I saw Mushmeanie from Mushroom Hill in Silent Forest as well...

Yeah it was Mushmeanie with Clucker in a mine cart, and maybe or not Dragonfly.

The way you guys were reacting I thought the trailer was gonna be over the top amazing or something.

Looks alright. I like the 2D Desert level.

Meh, it was not as good as you guys were making it out to be. It looks fun, I guess. Really liking the forest level, though. The music's nice too.

HOLY OPENNESS BATMAN

That's probably the most space I've ever seen in a 3D Sonic level.

Also the music was pretty awesome too, assuming that was the actual level track.

Seems more like a boss track, if you ask me.

Edited by Tomoki

The most interesting thing about the desert level sans its size (although I'm thinking you're surrounded by quicksand anyway looking at the path layout) is that you are constantly approaching a building of some sort, which I think is basically the temple where the 2D chase level takes place. It would be absolutely awesome if the game had this kind of context with connections to different stages, sort of like SA1 used to. The little touches matter too.

Jungle level is just information-overload. It's kind of insane. The part where Sonic just ran up the large platform blocking the rail made me double-take a bit. I keep forgetting how extensive the Parkour's availability is. <3

Aww dang that trailer was BITCHIN.  So much good stuff.  The Silent Forest level looks so good.  Plenty of obstacles on the rails and lots of places to parkour as well.  Just looked like a blast to play generally and definitely the kind of level that would warrant multiple playthroughs.  The 2D Desert Ruins level was neat too.  Good to see use of the Spindash up walls as well as the parkour as you're being chased by that sandworm.  The 3D Desert Ruins looked rather empty though, even though the FREEDOM Wisp looks super fun to use.  Having complete 3 axis control of the movement of the Eagle just looks really great.  That definitely doesn't look like the entire level though, it looks like it leads to somewhere.  But overall this trailer further justifies the insane amount of variety this game has.

Oh and as everyone else has said, music is AWESOME 

• Thumbs Up 2

The most interesting thing about the desert level sans its size (although I'm thinking you're surrounded by quicksand anyway looking at the path layout) is that you are constantly approaching a building of some sort, which I think is basically the temple where the 2D chase level takes place. It would be absolutely awesome if the game had this kind of context with connections to different stages, sort of like SA1 used to. The little touches matter too.

Jungle level is just information-overload. It's kind of insane. The part where Sonic just ran up the large platform blocking the rail made me double-take a bit. I keep forgetting how extensive the Parkour's availability is. <3

Ahh, classic level transitions. Now that's what I like to see.....so I'm left wonder, where the fuck does Dessert Ruin 2 take place. inside Zomom's head or something?

That music is awesome, definitely a boss theme. I hope each Deadly Six gets their own boss music, or maybe a sorta similar track that varies somewhat? I dunno.

I'm liking both the returning badniks and potentially the new one, the dragonfly-y one? Silent Forest in general looks great, can't wait to explore it all. I wonder if those camera angles at that one part on the rails will be in the game or if it's just a trailer thing. :P

Desert level looks pretty good to me, not much to say about it just yet. The chase'll be fun, I'm surprised we don't see stuff like that more in Sonic, actually.

Ahh, classic level transitions. Now that's what I like to see.....so I'm left wonder, where the fuck does Dessert Ruin 2 take place. inside Zomom's head or something?

I think that'd be a little too out there even for this game. xP Either he's doing all of the work here, which would be really really awesome in terms of personifying the enemies through gameplay and as something unique in general, or he...somehow has the power to summon giant worms that look like him. xP

Someone ripped from the stream and made a youtube link to the trailer

Says not for reupload, only posted link for those who haven't seen it. If mods want me to remove the link just say so

Edited by Nintendoga

Yet another piece of music announced, yet another bit of my heart sinking...

My uneducated 'music' mouth talking here for a sec, but I dunno - with the more cartoon-y and (I frankly don't really see it but) 'Mario'-esque art direction, maybe... they went for a more (Tom and Jerry/Ren and Stimpy-esque) cartoon or Super Mario Galaxy-esque music? I dunno - For some reason, I just don't feel the charm I do in the music of Sonic Colors, Super Mario Galaxy, or heck, even Sonic After the Sequel or Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

I really, really hope I'm not paranoid or something... >:

Edited by Can of Nothing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Desert stage: I like the slopes sticking out the ground and the paths they lead to, but its disappointing that the rest is just flat. Its nice and open, but there doesn't seem to be too much going on. Spin Dashing off that ramp though looked incredibly satisfying, so thats a massive plus and a half.

Jungle stage: That looked really nice too. Loving the Mushroom Hill badniks, and the general aesthetic. Dunno if I care too much for the automated tube areas with the spikes but its cool I guess.

Looks neat. Loved the music.

Yet another piece of music announced, yet another bit of my heart sinking...

My uneducated 'music' mouth talking here for a sec, but I dunno - with the more cartoon-y and (I frankly don't really see it but) 'Mario'-esque art direction, maybe... they went for a more (Tom and Jerry/Ren and Stimpy-esque) cartoon or Super Mario Galaxy-esque music? I dunno - For some reason, I just don't feel the charm I do in the music of Sonic Colors, Super Mario Galaxy, or heck, even Sonic After the Sequel or Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

I really, really hope I'm not paranoid or something... >:

..It sounded like normal Sonic music to me. Or at least Unleashed. Whats the big deal here?

also

>charm
>'Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures' music

hahawaitwha

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think that'd be a little too out there even for this game. xP Either he's doing all of the work here, which would be really really awesome in terms of personifying the enemies through gameplay and as something unique in general, or he...somehow has the power to summon giant worms that look like him. xP

This game is trippin balls.

The most interesting thing about the desert level sans its size (although I'm thinking you're surrounded by quicksand anyway looking at the path layout)

It looks like there's 3 kinds of terrain; stone, sand, and dark sand. The dark sand might be deadly/dangerous, since it's around the big pits and the edges of the level, and it's got a conveyor belt sort of animation around the pits, but the lighter sand is probably safe. At worst I'd expect it might slow you down a bit, like the rough ground in Mazuri.

Now I really wish I could afford a Wii U. I mean, the 3DS version looks like lots of fun, too, but hot damn, it's obviously not gonna top its Wii U counterpart. It's like a trip to a tropical resort (snicker) next to a trip to Disney World.

Edited by @ut0