Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

You know... I liked the Wisps in Colors. maybe I'll like them here, too.

But I don't like them becoming a permanent part of Sonic games. Actually, I would've been fine if Lost World didn't have any Wisps. this just seems unnecessary.

Are all Sonic games from here on in taking place on Planet Wisp or something?

Would you also be fine with the team gimmick being a permanent series thing?

Just joking with you.

Even if it was just joking, the team gimmick is a permanent game-play element usually forced upon you throughout the game and the the wisps are temporary power-ups which are generally optional. So yeah

btw soniman x double dash

Edited by Ultimate Waffle

Well, this news seems to have attracted a lot atm. I haven't seen this much since Iizuka confirmed Solo Sonic to be a staple in the future mainline games. tongue.png

Edited by Narukami07

But in their current incarnation? We potentially have to get that forever? Yeah, I'm not happy. It's almost like Sonic Team just randomly picked someone on the forums to fuck over and my name was the one they pulled out of the hat. I can't even get a fucking alternate playable character.

Sola Sonica ftw! <3

Edited by Narukami07

I've always said the Wisps have huge potential under the guise that Sonic Team makes them less context-specific and gets creative with how their simple abilities can be applied in a multitude of ways and have different effects not only on Sonic's movement but on the stage itself, adding meaningful depth to both them as a power-up gimmick, the level design, and the overall game.

But in their current incarnation? We potentially have to get that forever? Yeah, I'm not happy. It's almost like Sonic Team just randomly picked someone on the forums to fuck over and my name was the one they pulled out of the hat. I can't even get a fucking alternate playable character.

Not saying I'm the biggest fan of the decision, but the wisps could eventually become less context-sensitive, creative, and all that stuff. We can't see the future. 

Also, 

OfTCv7T.gif

Can I just say that your avatar goes perfectly with your reaction? Lol.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Just a question, which level did you play?   Also if this controls as tight as Sonic 06 I would consider that a positive. Sonic's controls outside of the mach speed was 10x better than the ice skating we got in StH and to a lesser extent Heroes. Sonic 06 controlled like SA2 but with 3x the glitches and the stupid design choices. I would love it if Lost World was like that but faster.
I played Wind Hill zone 1. It looked like the most platfory of the bunch so get a good impression of how the game would play. Speaking of sonic 06 controls. In the levels as well you get these sort of mach speed sections where the controls are perfectly fine. I think my nit picks are with when you are on speed 2 the problem is though is that speed 1 is ridiculasy slow for a sonic game which is why I don't like it that much. I know that you need to earn speed in sonic games but it shouldn't be given to you straight away.

Not saying I'm the biggest fan of the decision, but the wisps could eventually become less context-sensitive, creative, and all that stuff. We can't see the future. 

So I'm going to have to wait an indeterminable number of years for Sonic Team to pull off a completely theoretical idea instead of riding out the wave of apparently-perfectly satisfied people who aren't asking for more than what they're doing with the Wisps now, especially when they've almost never meaningfully expanded the bounds of any of their gameplay styles anyway, which means I can't even hang a shred of hope on mere precedent?

Well gee willikers, that just makes me feel loads better.

Yeah, knowing Sega, this problably also means that the Solo Sonic gameplay is to be permanent aswell. sad.png

If this statement is legitimate, say goodbye to multiple playable characters.

Um... would you two hate me if I said I actually wouldn't mind that if that's the case?

Because, really, I wouldn't mind it.

I see the thought process put behind this, but this really doesn't make it any less likely that other playable characters will appear.

because they never will

Most people criticized the alternate gameplay from previous Sonic games, so it isn't really surprising that Sega's sticking with Sonic only.

Edited by Narukami07

This is sweet news for me. Sweet as Dessert Ruins.

tumblr_m4e6yin81o1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I welcome the little guys, they were one of the very best parts of Sonic Colors in my opinion, not only because the concept is cool and they serve as some sort of timed power up, but because they benefit level design and add to the exploration of Red Star Ring hunts.

Most people criticized the alternate gameplay from previous Sonic games, so it isn't really surprising that Sega's sticking with Sonic only.

Yes, because having a hissy fit about the characters simply EXISTING in a game where they don't even do anything marginally harmful to the game as a whole (or anything for that manner) is totally criticism. There is criticism, and then there is bullshit pandering. Guess which is which?

Was he joking? Please tell me he is joking. This is really stupid. The only way I could see this work with multiple characters is if they are like the electrical shields and only Sonic can use their special abilities. And I'm not waiting another four games to play as someone other than Sonic.