Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Not saying I'm the biggest fan of the decision, but the wisps could eventually become less context-sensitive, creative, and all that stuff. We can't see the future. 

So I'm going to have to wait an indeterminable number of years for Sonic Team to pull off a completely theoretical idea instead of riding out the wave of apparently-perfectly satisfied people who aren't asking for more than what they're doing with the Wisps now, especially when they've almost never meaningfully expanded the bounds of any of their gameplay styles anyway, which means I can't even hang a shred of hope on mere precedent?

Well gee willikers, that just makes me feel loads better.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah, knowing Sega, this problably also means that the Solo Sonic gameplay is to be permanent aswell. sad.png

If this statement is legitimate, say goodbye to multiple playable characters.

Um... would you two hate me if I said I actually wouldn't mind that if that's the case?

Because, really, I wouldn't mind it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see the thought process put behind this, but this really doesn't make it any less likely that other playable characters will appear.

because they never will

Most people criticized the alternate gameplay from previous Sonic games, so it isn't really surprising that Sega's sticking with Sonic only.

Edited by Narukami07

This is sweet news for me. Sweet as Dessert Ruins.

tumblr_m4e6yin81o1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I welcome the little guys, they were one of the very best parts of Sonic Colors in my opinion, not only because the concept is cool and they serve as some sort of timed power up, but because they benefit level design and add to the exploration of Red Star Ring hunts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most people criticized the alternate gameplay from previous Sonic games, so it isn't really surprising that Sega's sticking with Sonic only.

Yes, because having a hissy fit about the characters simply EXISTING in a game where they don't even do anything marginally harmful to the game as a whole (or anything for that manner) is totally criticism. There is criticism, and then there is bullshit pandering. Guess which is which?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yo Verte, did you hear Ilzuka say anything of the sort while you were there? All we have to go on is one NeoGAF post, as far as I'm aware.

Was he joking? Please tell me he is joking. This is really stupid. The only way I could see this work with multiple characters is if they are like the electrical shields and only Sonic can use their special abilities. And I'm not waiting another four games to play as someone other than Sonic.

Hmm, this has had me thinking.

Will white Wisps even be present in this game? They were used to fuel the boost in Colours, but now there is no boost, what will they do? Assuming they are in the game, they'll most likely be background Wisps in cutscenes. And of Yaker appears, same thing.

But they don't seem to have a point anymore, now there's no boost...

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have anything against the Wisps, I mean the ideas of them are fantastic and fun, but the execution of them during gameplay is so frustratingly tedious that for that reason alone, I didn't enjoy Sonic Colours as a game, it became more of a chore to play it.

I was hyped to the heavens for Colours, but in the end I've only ever played through it once and never touched it again, I really didn't enjoy my time with it, I certainly hope this won't be the case with SLW and future titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was he joking? Please tell me he is joking. This is really stupid. The only way I could see this work with multiple characters is if they are like the electrical shields and only Sonic can use their special abilities. And I'm not waiting another four games to play as someone other than Sonic.

Who said the wait was only gonna be four games? In fact, who said there was even a moment to wait for at all? *trollface*

Will white Wisps even be present in this game? They were used to fuel the boost in Colours, but now there is no boost, what will they do? Assuming they are in the game, they'll most likely be background Wisps in cutscenes. And of Yaker appears, same thing.

Woah... Eh, Yacker will probably be the only present Wisp.

• Thumbs Up 1

Multiple playable characters will be in a future sonic game for sure. I am seeing the wisp powers kind of like the suits for Mario. It is a non required gimick that is only required when you would want to get red stars. You won't need them to complete a level (unless the same level designer for sonic generations's planet wisp is designing the levels). It is certainly a possibilty with multiple characters. All we need to do is wait for them to be ready (which could take 2years or 5 who knows(that would be fun if for Sonics 25 anniversary we got multiple playable characters)).

This isn't great news, this is a super SPLIT decision by the looks of it, way to go on dividing the fans yet again SEGA.

This isn't great news, this is a super SPLIT decision by the looks of it, way to go on dividing the fans yet again SEGA.

I for one...don't blame Sega for this split at all, the fault rest entirely on the fanbase's different views as far as im concerned.

• Thumbs Up 7

Multiple playable characters will be in a future sonic game for sure. I am seeing the wisp powers kind of like the suits for Mario. It is a non required gimick that is only required when you would want to get red stars. You won't need them to complete a level (unless the same level designer for sonic generations's planet wisp is designing the levels). It is certainly a possibilty with multiple characters. All we need to do is wait for them to be ready (which could take 2years or 5 who knows(that would be fun if for Sonics 25 anniversary we got multiple playable characters)).

More like never. First the narrative goes bye bye, then characters...SEGA and Sonic Team aren't doing any thinking anymore, they're just mindlessly pandering to the loudest and most obnoxious demographic that don't take into consideration that this kind of thing might be more damaging in the long run, all the while claiming they're "listening".

Pretty much anything SEGA does with Sonic will divide the fans.

Edited by Dizcrybe

I for one...don't blame Sega for this split at all, the fault rest entirely on the fanbase's different views as far as im concerned.

I blame them wholeheartedly actually, because they're the one who made the decision.

I blame them wholeheartedly actually, because they're the one who made the decision.

Bringing back a gimmick that was met warmly with the majority? Yeah it's totally their fault they knew what worked for the franchise and what didn't :U

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 8

temporary boost mode?

• Thumbs Up 1

Brining back a gimmick that was met warmly with the majority? Yeah it's totally their fault they knew what worked for the franchise and what didn't :U

Don't see them bringing Classic Sonic back, and that was met warmly by the majority.:/

• Thumbs Up 2

This is bull fucking shit though, I've supported Sonic's games, every one of them, hell my favourite title is Heroes and Riders, not exactly great games compared to Unleashed and Generations but i've got enjoyment out of every single title, even R.

But Sonic Colours? I guess I picked the bad apple from the apple cart because if every other game in future is going to be SONIC COLOURS SEQUEL #-insert number here- then no, I will not continue to purchase and buy Sonic's new titles.