Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

But this part of the fanbase IS the loudest part of the fanbase :V  Let's face it, as a forum we don't fucking shut up about Sonic and what's happening with said character and his games.

Just because we are loud here doesn't mean we aren't being drowned out everywhere else.

What I am saying is that I frankly think SEGA and Sonic Team just aren't THINKING their decisions over anymore. They're just mindlessly listening to whatever cries are the loudest and assuming that the loudest is the only thing that exists in their little bubble.

Or maybe that they genuinely believe that the Wisps could bring improvement to the series in a non haphazard manner and you just personally don't like them? Id take over some made up shit about them not thinking.

Daytime gameplay was met warmly by the majority. That means it is a perfectly flawless piece of video game programming that must be recycled for every single installment from now on.

Are you trying to sell me the idea that Sonic Team would just LITERALLY copy-paste Wisps over and over again without changing/improving anything? Especially when we've seen the contrary with this very game.

this very game!?

Edited by Soniman

What I am saying is that I frankly think SEGA and Sonic Team just aren't THINKING their decisions over anymore. They're just mindlessly listening to whatever cries are the loudest and assuming that the loudest is the only thing that exists in their little bubble.

How so? Is sticking to something that isn't broken/nor needed to be fixed a crime now?

Iizuka never said that they would replace the characters, he even said at SOS they they are a possibility in the future, so people treating the Wisps as the equivalent of new characters makes no sense to me.

A possibility? A possibility? Maybe if this was two thousand and fucking eight, hombre. Nowadays it's nothing but a pipe dream.

Sonic Team has operated under false equivalences for the past fucking decade. They've completely abandoned the idea of taking any sort of risks or pushing the envelope because of nonsense spouted from both the fanbase and the gaming journalists. They've been convinced that things like multiple playable characters are something that the vast majority does not want. We want Sonic only games with shallow narrative and fucking power ups.

I guess I can't blame them if appealing to those who are perfectly content with this horseshit gets them the money. A business is a business after all.

Not saying I'm the biggest fan of the decision, but the wisps could eventually become less context-sensitive, creative, and all that stuff. We can't see the future. 

I hope so. I love the Wisps as characters and thought they had great potential gameplay wise, but I don't want them to eventually overstay their welcome either.

Are you trying to sell me the idea that Sonic Team would just LITERALLY copy-paste Wisps over and over again without changing/improving anything? Especially when we've seen the contrary with this very game.th this very game!?

Aside from the fact that that's generally Sonic Team's thing with recurring gameplay styles and gimmicks- near copy-and-pasting- the only thing I expect them to do is throw more Wisps on top of the same existing formula concerning how they work, which is- surprise surprise- exactly what they're doing. I'm not seeing any real improvement in the gameplay department anywhere, especially when we've seen and heard that the old Wisps pretty much work almost the exact same way they did in Colors.

Edited by Nepenthe

How so? Is sticking to something that isn't broken/nor needed to be fixed a crime now?

The problem isn't with the wisps; I honestly don't even care about their existence anymore. The problem are the implications of this most recent decision. For all we know, in the minds of our SEGA/Sonic Team Overlords, the power-ups will somehow suffice as having other characters due to their shallow similarities to the other characters' abilities, therefore giving SEGA and Sonic Team absolutely ZERO incentive to ever consider the others important or to become playable except maybe for the occasional cameo to pander to the most easily satisfied fans.

Before someone tells me otherwise, look at their damn track record and tell me they don't have a tendency to overreact to everything and assume the worst of everything and handle everything in the most hap-hazardous and half-assed manner possible?

Edited by 743 ED Missile

For all we know, in the minds of our SEGA/Sonic Team Overlords, the power-ups will somehow suffice as having other characters due to their shallow similarities to the other characters' abilities, therefore giving SEGA and Sonic Team absolutely ZERO incentive to ever consider the others important or to become playable except maybe for the occasional cameo to pander to the most easily satisfied fans.

That's jumping to one hell of a conclusion. It's like saying because they took the Boost from Sonic Rush and put it in Sonic Unleashed, they considered it a new Spindash and we'd never see that again. (A lot of people thought this was the case, actually tongue.png) It's just as if not even more unlikely they would think Wisps are other playable characters for some reason than they would just put them in because they just thought it was a good idea.

Edited by Bumblebee

May I just ask where this assumption of "cuz Wisps are now permanent multiple characters won't be a thing" came from?  It's been said multiple times that they want to perfect the Sonic gameplay before moving onto other characters and that they still want to look into them in the future.  Heck Iizuka even said that when he was talking to the host at SoS today.  I don't see how the Wisps have anything to do with this.  

I'm not seeing any real improvement in the gameplay department anywhere, especially when we've seen and heard that the old Wisps pretty much work almost the exact same way they did in Colors.

Yellow Drill can now go above ground without transforming back into Sonic, presumably able to attack enemies above ground. Is that not an improvement?

Edited by @ut0

No one said this.

This was never said.

Please stop thinking this was ever said or implied. 

Well these past few pages were making it implied like this was an official statement. So I can understand the confusion :u

May I just ask where this assumption of "cuz Wisps are now permanent multiple characters won't be a thing" came from? It's been said multiple times that they want to perfect the Sonic gameplay before moving onto other characters and that they still want to look into them in the future. Heck Iizuka even said that when he was talking to the host at SoS today. I don't see how the Wisps have anything to do with this.

It's been five fucking years, how much longer do they honestly need? What the fuck is even "perfecting" Sonic's gameplay at this point?

No one said this.

This was never said.

Please stop thinking this was ever said or implied.

It was implied tho :I

Don't see them bringing Classic Sonic back, and that was met warmly by the majority.:/

Yes it was actually.y with this very game!?

I fail to  see how Classic was brought back in this game. You said yourself, this plays nothing like Classic in Generations. So unless you are assuming 2D levels automatically = Classic gameplay, I don't follow.

May I just ask where this assumption of "cuz Wisps are now permanent multiple characters won't be a thing" came from?  It's been said multiple times that they want to perfect the Sonic gameplay before moving onto other characters and that they still want to look into them in the future.  Heck Iizuka even said that when he was talking to the host at SoS today.  I don't see how the Wisps have anything to do with this.  

I base my assumptions on their track record, which was nearly always the most extreme reaction, haphazardous, and oftentimes damaging in the long term. And frankly, I don't expect anything positive for the people who want something more than what we are getting now until most of the fanbase, current Sonic Team, and SEGA are 6 feet under, and that's assuming the franchise even LASTS that long.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

While the replacement of characters is certainly a premature assumption to make (despite the fact that this is what this decision personally feels like because why waste the effort at the risk of the public bitching, right?), it's kind of hard to perfect Sonic gameplay when 1.) They never really make large leaps in improvement and innovation with it in the first place, 2.) They keep throwing it out every several years, and 3.) "Perfecting" something is a really tenuous, ambiguous, arbitrary, and subsequently impossible goal to the point of being a pipe-dream. It is not realistic at all. I'm almost tempted to say it's just a mere excuse to keep staving off the calls for other characters until that demand too eventually comes to a head and they have no choice but to comply.

You guys shouldn't take a comment like Iizuka's so seriously.

I take it with a grain of salt because there's no such thing as permanent in the Sonic Universe, except for rings and Emeralds. If it breathes, it's subject to anything.

I actually thought Chao were gonna be permanent, where my homies at? So just relax and wait for Iizuka to come around.

Um... would you two hate me if I said I actually wouldn't mind that if that's the case?

Because, really, I wouldn't mind it.

Haha, no, I woudn't hate you. ^^

But let me ask you this:

Sonic3andKnuckles.png

Would you prefer if S3&K was Sonic only?

Or do you think it's fine as it is?

With "more playable characters" I'm not saying that I want mech shooting, emerald hunting or fishing to come back.

I just want a couple of extra characters to extend replay value.

If it's really going to be Sonic only then fine, I'm not going to whine over it, but I'm really going to miss flying around the levels as Tails, or climbing up walls to find alternate routes as Knuckles.

It was implied tho :I

It was never implied. All Iuzuka said was that the Wisps was going to be a recurring element in the Sonic series, all this talk about them replacing the characters is just baseless assumptions at this current point.

Edited by Soniman