Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

May I just ask where this assumption of "cuz Wisps are now permanent multiple characters won't be a thing" came from?  It's been said multiple times that they want to perfect the Sonic gameplay before moving onto other characters and that they still want to look into them in the future.

They've been "perfecting Sonic's gameplay" since 2007.

Yellow Drill can now go above ground without transforming back into Sonic, presumably able to attack enemies above ground. Is that not an improvement?

A single improvement? 

Well-p, guess I can stop being disappointed at this news now. They expanded the space in which one Wisp can work, even if the entrance to that space is temporary. All is well.

I really don't care to argue this now, especially on my phone, all it's going to lead to is more ad hominem arguments where people attack each other over opinions.

Just gonna spectate for a few hours.

A single improvement? 

I wouldnt say so... If you think about it, now you'll have to time the exact moment the Drill will run out to go out of the ground instead of simply going out of the ground to disable the power

I wouldnt say so... If you think about it, now you'll have to time the exact moment the Drill will run out to go out of the ground instead of simply going out of the ground to disable the power

no, you can cancel the powers manually actually.

Slow down, we still haven't seen much gameplay of the other returning Wisps.

That wasn't the point of my facetiousness. The point was that a single noted improvement doesn't inherently mean anything to me right now, especially considering the ideas I espouse on the way Wisps should be done, and it won't until we see the entire game anyway. Overall though, the burden of proof that Sonic Team will definitely improve the Wisps leaps and bounds beyond their Colors incarnations rests with the people making that assumption, especially when you once again consider the precedent that they don't really go out of their way to innovate a style versus merely tweaking it or throwing it out.

What the hell happened in this thread? And how did you lot not hear about this earlier?

Anyway personally I like that the Wisps will return but did Iizuka ever straight out say they'd show up in every game? If yes that would indeed suck, I like the wisps but that doesn't mean I want to see them in every game much like some of the cast. If not I expect them to be treated the same as the Sonic cast, sometimes they'll be present other times they won't.

'kay so I have a splitting headache and I'm so nauseous that I think I'm going to hurl a lung, but I'm going to just go ahead and post my college educated and deeply thought out opinion of what I think about the Wisp news AIGHT? AIGHT! AIGHT.

Aight.

Red_wisp.gif15.gif3.gifGreenwisp.gifBlue_wisp.gif

tumblr_lvjpuqeWta1qgo5wjo1_500.gif

Purple_wisp.gif12.gif9.gif2.gifViolet_wisp.gif

I AM TOTALLY COOL WITH WISPS IN THE GAMES. 

Yes I know they are context-specific power ups but I ain't even mad. Seeing Sonic turn into a laser and a rocket is dang cool, so I am looking forward to seeing what else they have in store. It isn't even a threat to replacing having multiple characters in the games so that's even better.

Knuckles with a laser wisp who can help us even.

Wishful thinking there bro..............I'd love to see that but this is SEGA and Sonic Team we're talking about. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

It's 2005 all over again on these forums...

I also find it funny how Sonic isn't branching out with other characters while Mario as of late is doing the opposite.

Soooooo........wisp are breeding in mobius now?

On Planet Hex, yes, from what it seems. Although whether it'll actually stick we'll have to see.

Not too bothered by them sticking, but I want to see more done than simply being power-ups.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Damn, sucks for those who don't like the wisps...

EDIT: Or on a positive note, the wisps could probably be this generations elemental shields in a sense. Sorry for overreacting everyone btw.

Edited by Johnny Boy