Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

I'm in the same boat as Dio, in that somebody has misinterpreted something Iizuka said.

The poor bastard could have said something innocuous like "Depending on feedback, we may see Wisps in the future" or something along those lines, and somebody took that and applied some absurd Shane Warne-level spin on it, till it reached the clusterfuck we see now.

Yep.  That was revealed a little while back but to be honest it was just a written preview from somewhere so it would've been easy to miss.

Thanks. Not a bad name at all. Though it doesn't look so silent.

Can you tell us if you at least enjoyed what you played?

Yeah, I enjoyed Windy Hill more than I thought I would actually. I expected to fall off the level a lot and find the movement of the camera to be jarring, but nope, all was good in these respects. FF was a bit underwhelming but I had some fun with it.

Edited by Pawn

Yeah, I enjoyed Windy Hill more than I thought I would actually. I expected to fall off the level a lot and find the movement of the camera to be jarring, but nope, all was good in these respects. FF was a bit underwhelming but I had some fun with it.

Face it, you only played it for the Egg Pawns

Didn't you.

DIDN'T YOU.

I'm also questioning why I can't have a negative reaction to a non-optional gameplay decision I don't really like all that much in its current form.

Not that you can't, but rather that it's a bit rash to get torn up about something that is hardly set in stone. It would be akin to me complaining about the open world aspects in the next Zelda game. I know next to nothing other than that they exist, so it seems fruitless to go on embittering myself over the minutiae of something that may exist entirely within my imagination. Again, that's not to say that no one can feel anything negative towards this game or any other. However, we are arguing over something almost entirely hypothetical.

The long and short of it is that we need a bit more evidence of what the future holds, comrade, before we set forth guns blazing. We may very well be getting worked up over nothing whatsoever.

Thanks. Not a bad name at all. Though it doesn't look so silent.

Well, the same can be said to all the levels revealed... Windy Hill doesn't look very... Windy... And Frozen Factory doesn't look frozen... Or Factory... I know they're playing with tropes, I'm just making a point here.

If they're going to keep the wisps they could at least be more creative with them. They showed signs of it when they introduced them, they could do more with how they work bringing them back. Really, why not shoot missiles like a jet in Eagle form?

Eagles don't have missiles.

Not that you can't, but rather that it's a bit rash to get torn up about something that is hardly set in stone. It would be akin to me complaining about the open world aspects in the next Zelda game. I know next to nothing other than that they exist, so it seems fruitless to go on embittering myself over the minutiae of something that may exist entirely within my imagination. Again, that's not to say that no one can feel anything negative towards this game or any other. However, we are arguing over something almost entirely hypothetical. The long and short of it is that we need a bit more evidence of what the future holds, comrade, before we set forth guns blazing. We may very well be getting worked up over nothing whatsoever.

I wouldn't blame you for getting embittered over the open-world aspects of the next Zelda if you didn't like open-world games. The idea that you would have to wait to see to what extent an aspect of a game you weren't fond of was relevant to the experience before you could be justified in being embittered is ridiculous. Claiming complete and utter series ruination would be an overreaction, but I personally never leveled such a thing at Wisps anyway, and have reiterated numerous times that they have potential to be better than what they are.

True that this news is still a hypothetical, but we argue over hypothetical scenarios all the time anyway. I don't see why this one is particularly different that it deserves a lack of passionate responses from people dissatisfied with it, especially since we all know what would've happened if you replaced "Wisps" with a less popular idea.

Sonic Lost World 2: Electric Wispaloo, which will include a new character, Blonic, and featuring a whole new villain, Dr. Bleggman, and his team of evil Bletti: Blavok, Blor, Bleena, Blazz, Blomon and Blik, where Sonic will have to team up with every character ever and kiss all of them in the final story... Omochao will be the final boss, btw.

Edited by Ratcicle King