Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

They sacrificed the music... not worth it IMO.

The sound played ahead of the footage originally.

I'd rather have correct but offset music/sound than a completely random song dubbed over it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Other things I noticed from the trailer. Please excuse the horrible image quality (mostly because of the stream...I hope) and the rush Paint editing!

Sonic_LW_3.jpg

One thing that stood out to me in the trailer was the positioning of the Red Ring. Nothing groundbreaking, it's obvious that Sonic will use his parkour to reach it rather than Spin Dash up the curved wall. No, what I'm wondering is how Sonic is supposed to get to the exit from the position of the Red Ring. Now I might be wrong, but I don't think Sonic can jump or double jump that distance from the wall without hitting the spikes. He also can't drop back down due to the monster pursuing him This leads me to wonder if Sonic can perhaps use the vines on the ceiling as part of his parkour.

Maybe I'm underestimating his jump distance, but the angle doesn't look doable to me. Plus, the vines solve no real purpose ,especially as there is no Grabber badnik present like in the previous set:

Sonic_LW_3.jpg

--

Sonic_Lw_2.jpg

Is this monster pursuing Sonic the same species as...

Sonic_Lw_2.jpg

...the giant worm getting in the way of Eagle Sonic? Seems that way. The purple splodges it seems to spit out also match the colour of the monster chasing Sonic. Could all be a coincidence but you never know.

--

Sonic_Lw_2.jpg

Just what is this thing? I can't tell if it it's a badnik or not. If it is, it's one I myself don't recognise. It's defeated when Sonic kicks the Buzzbombs into it.

--

Moving on to Silent Forest:

Sonic_LW.jpg

First, the circle on the upper-right on the screen is possibly more wishful thinking on my part. We see Sonic follow the ring trail with his parkour in the trailer, but that area highlighted looks like it could be accessible. I know I'm probably reaching here, but it'd be nice.

The circle around Sonic highlights him just as he has performed his double jump, nothing special there, but it's what he does afterwards:

Sonic_LW2.jpg

He goes from completing a double jump into initiating a Homing Attack. It's been a long time since I played Colours, so correct me if I'm wrong, but he wasn't able to do that in that game was he? If not, this might give us a clue as to how all Sonic's jumping styles fit together. Perhaps he can connect a homing kick to his double jump as well? I think this is further evident by how he deals with the Mushroom badniks later on:

Sonic_Lw.jpg

He homes in one one badnik...

Sonic_Lw.jpg

...before kicking the one ahead away.

I think that's all I got so far. I'm worried that most of this stuff was already obvious/confirmed, but I felt I should share anyway. :)

Edited by Ringo ~

Sonic_LW_3.jpg

That looks like the red ring was already collected which means that the rings don't disappear like they do in Generations, which is a thing I am actually glad they brought back from Colors. It really annoyed me I couldn't see the rings I picked up in Generations, especially since the game didn't show the rings you collected in order.

Ugh, seriously? I can see the pictures just fine, but there'd be no point if no one else can see them.

Working for me.

I'm guessing the Pink wisp isn't going to appear in future games because of the nerfing due to parkour. We can spin on walls without an ability.

If you right-click and hit "open in new tab" (or the equivalent) it'll load up a page with the image on it.

The purple thing, I'm pretty sure that's one of these caterkiller-esque robots.

As for the red ring...yeah it doesn't look like you'd be able to get out of there safely with the moves we know of. Climbing along those vines seems pretty likely. And thinking about it, maybe these vines too? These ones even look like they've got handles, so maybe you monkey bar across like in Flying Battery?

ahhiWhg.jpg

...though it's also possible the spikes just retract if you come up from the left side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKEsejpSRmI

^Is that the trailer everyone is talking about? If so then I impressed with the jungle stage. 

Yes. Also, I guessing the music isn't from a boss, but the level were Sonic is chased by the giant worm. It sounds very egyptian and "run for your life" like. Unless it's the music for Grimmace's boss battle.

Edited by Jango

this will probs be the game that gets me to buy a Wii U lol

(well...this and super smash bros U)

anyone else getting a wii u mainly for sonic lost world?

No. Hey don't feel bad though. Not even DK, Mario or Yoshi are making me flinch to get a Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

This pushed me to getting a wii u but im getting one for this, the wonderful 101, bayonetta 2, maybe pikmin 3, and the new smash won't be out for awhile so there are some other things too.

No. Hey don't feel bad though. Not even DK, Mario or Yoshi are making me flinch to get a Wii U.

Not even Mario kart?

i understand for 3d mario because it's not the galaxy/sunshine/64 style and this one is just like 3d land even though it still looks great but imagine galaxy style in HD!

although sonic Lost world might be worth buying one too. 

I forgot Yoshi Yarn existed.

Edited by jordine

Is it funny that Yugi Muto liked Joe Wheeler's post? XD

This pushed me to getting a wii u but im getting one for this, the wonderful 101, bayonetta 2, maybe pikmin 3, and the new smash won't be out for awhile so there are some other things too.

This. X is also the icing in the cake for me.

I never felt bad about owning even GC and Wii, so Wii U + PS4 + 3DS for my Next Gen combo will go just fine.

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nope. This does nothing for me. It still has a shit ton to earn my money. And as of now, the only games I want are Smash bros 4, both mario games, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD.

Not even Mario kart?

i understand for 3d mario because it's not the galaxy/sunshine/64 style and this one is just like 3d land even though it still looks great but imagine galaxy style in HD!

although sonic Lost world might be worth buying one too. 

I forgot Yoshi Yarn existed.

I have gotten to a point if I buy sequels continuously I get bored. I went from Super Mario Kart to Mario Kart 64 to Mario Kart GBA to being ultimately bored of the sequels. It wasn't until Mario Kart 7 that I got back. Now I'm satisfied with it and don't want 8. Same goes for NSMB series. I have Wii and 2. Now I want a break from that series.

Is it funny that Yugi Muto liked Joe Wheeler's post? XD

That how we Domino city boys roll!

• Thumbs Up 1

That how we Domino city boys roll!

You got that right bro! Man I really can't wait to get my hands on this and see if what people are saying about the controls is true. For people that have played it, would you say it controls more like a polished Adventure 1, or is Sonic as fidgety as he was in 06?