Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

See Unleashed and Colours final bosses.  A theme that builds up to an eventually more explosive and climactic one.

Oh okay.

Well then I disagree. I think it sounds like a regular boss theme, for a boss that wouldn't have several phases. Provably one of the Deadly Six, or maybe it's a general Deadly Six bossfight theme.

I just hope the bosses can take more than 3-4 hits. I'll accept 6, at least, but come on!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey I just noticed something whilst watching this random piece of gameplay: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzYWScdnSfs

When Sonic actually jumps on an enemy instead of Homing Attacking or kicking them, he gets a ring.  See around the 30 second mark.  Small, but neat little incentive to try to jump on foes.

• Thumbs Up 9

Good lord those gifs are amazing.

I also like how Sonic's spin-dash is pulled off in the first one.

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you so much, now I can finally update my signature! biggrin.png

HARDCORE PARKOUR!!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 6

I come, bearing gif(t)s!

spindash-desert_zpsc5a954ec.gif

inside-spindash-3_zpsdacb546c.gif

forest-2_zpsa6d1c341.gif

forest-4_zpsfc551430.gif

I have way too much time on my hands.

EDIT: Re-hosted them. Shouldn't have any problems now.

*sniff*

The lack of boosters is beautiful here.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it just me or are the GIFs running at a higher frame rate?

I'm seeing it too, but I don't really mind.

Man, that music just screams "Phase 1" music.

Zomzom phase 1: He seems slow and predictable

Phase 2: You make him drop his sandwich, making him mad and starts moving a lot faster and pulling some new attacks

• Thumbs Up 1

I slightly sped them up. Long running GIFs take up data.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

*sniff*

The lack of boosters is beautiful here.

Watch the rest of the game have boosters amok.

No, but seriously, why is Sonic Team so inconsistent with this stuff? From what we've seen, some levels in this game have too many boosters, and some have a satisfying lack of them, as shown here. I wish Sonic Team would make up their minds about that.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Ain't just you brother.  It's crazy because the gifs not only look faster but they also look a little smoother than the footage as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ain't just you brother.  It's crazy because the gifs not only look faster but they also look a little smoother than the footage as well.

Yeah it does. It actually looks like its running at 60fps, which is what the game's running at...wow man I can't wait to see and play this game for myself. I haven't played a home console Sonic game which runs at 60fps since Sonic Heroes!

Edited by KrazyBean

This has been bothering me each time I watch the trailer through and I feel that the desert level needs two things.  

One is that the terrain shouldn't be as flat and smooth as it is.  It should be bumpy with hills of sand and stuff.  It would just give the terrain a bit more depth overall both visually and in terms of gameplay.  One of the many cool things about the classics is that each level had slightly different terrain.  In Emerald Hill for example, there's slight bumps in the grass and often if you time a jump correctly off it you get a bit more height.  Compare to Metropolis which is mechanic, hard and smooth.

The other is that there really should be an upper path of some sort.  Like some mystic path floating in the air that's narrow and difficult to traverse as well as being more of a challenge to get to, but is overall more rewarding due to, say extra lives and ring capsules being placed on said route (maybe it could be constructed of floating rocks or magic carpets?).  Take the first point in the trailer where Sonic spindashes up the ramp.  

spindash-desert_zpsc5a954ec.gif

It looks damn cool and demonstrates the physics in this game are pretty solid and whilst it looks fun to go up the ramp it doesn't actually take you anywhere.  Why not place said mystic sky route such that when you launch off that ramp and time your jumps you can just about reach it.  Not to mention the potential compliment it could have with the Eagle Wisp.  This level could be made much more interesting if there was more vertical design.

These are just a couple of examples.  It doesn't look bad per se, and I appreciate the freedom of movement that it offers.  Just that this section of the level could be so much more in my opinion.  Still very excited for the Silent Forest level.  I wonder what the brown stuff is anyway?  Mud that acts as a sort of bottomless pit or maybe act like the Oil Ocean oil where you sink slowly into it?  Who knows.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey I just noticed something whilst watching this random piece of gameplay: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzYWScdnSfs

When Sonic actually jumps on an enemy instead of Homing Attacking or kicking them, he gets a ring.  See around the 30 second mark.  Small, but neat little incentive to try to jump on foes.

Hmm, that is a really interesting thing you noticed, Do0m. I guess they took the time to add something to reward players for using the jump instead of a homing attack.

You are my hero. I missed that in the original stream I guess, go figure.

Hmm, that is a really interesting thing you noticed, Do0m. I guess they took the time to add something to reward players for using the jump instead of a homing attack.

Well it's certainly a good way to encourage diversity of play, sort of like how Dash awards bonus points for hitting an enemy from above rather than rolling through them - it's more of a challenge, however.

If you don't have alternate paths, alternative playstyles is definitely a good plan; and based on the three speeds model we can already tell they're doing a fantastic job of making this game look to be a joy to play through over and over as there's so much variety.

I noticed something in the trailers that wasn't apparent before. When Eagle-Sonic is flying over the Bottomless Pit in Desert Ruins, you can see a line of flying enemies hovering over the pit. I wonder if you could homing attack across that pit. 

sanik.png

Edited by edvedd

It seems sensible, considering the path is directly in line with the pit. They sure look low enough. 

And besides, I don't think I've actually seen an enemy at eagle height.

Edited by edvedd