Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Also, interesting how in the last paragraph Iizuka says the Colour Powers CAN be activated through the Gamepad.  Not to mention the entire game can be played on the Gamepad as well.

I think the "can" in this case just meant that's how they're activated. Just like an in game tutorial saying "you can use the A button to jump". While I'd be happy for it to turn out that there are traditional controls available, the touch/motion controls seem too integrated for it.

I thought that there were more control schemes like Wii remote and nunchuck? So there might be other ways, although no pro controller :( ill probably be using the gamepad anyway!

I take the "series staple" statement to mean more that they are becoming something akin to Yoshi in the mario games, they can be used if they want but not every game it level, kinda like mario is coins, mushrooms and Yoshi, sonic would be rings, emeralds and wisps

Old news mate. I personally don't mind it, but the wisps will definitely get tiresome if they're in EVERY SINGLE SONIC GAME after Lost World.

More like the Wisps will get tiresome if they stay the same every single game after lost world.

• Thumbs Up 4

I thought that there were more control schemes like Wii remote and nunchuck? So there might be other ways, although no pro controller sad.png ill probably be using the gamepad anyway!

I take the "series staple" statement to mean more that they are becoming something akin to Yoshi in the mario games, they can be used if they want but not every game it level, kinda like mario is coins, mushrooms and Yoshi, sonic would be rings, emeralds and wisps

This is my thought on the topic. 

So the Nintendo Direct just now showed that Orbot and Cubot are back, along with footage of the Deadly Six's betrayal.

I'll post the Direct when it goes on YouTube.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already did.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 5

So the Nintendo Direct just now showed that Orbot and Cubot are back, along with footage of the Deadly Six's betrayal.

I'll post the Direct when it goes on YouTube.

Called it. And thank you Spin Attaxx, I just missed the part of the direct.

Darn I missed it! xD oh well should be up soon, or could see the direct again xP ...Dunno why Im even complaining. Ill go check it out now.

It's on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzbD7KvHbRI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyBxxlsmcug

Orbot and Cubot! FUCK YES!!!

• Thumbs Up 8

Man Zavok just gets more and more badass, the fucker basically takes Eggman's Badnik army and has all guns locked on him.

Can't wait to see more of the game.

Also that Tails Workshop music is just fantastic.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

Did the deadly six.......................................................just mind-control BADNIKS?!

TAKE MY FUCKING BODY DARK LORD IIZUKA-SAN MY BODY IS READY

I wonder if that mind-control could work on Sonic's pals as well to turn them against him? They probably won't do anything too interesting with it but I can dream right?

• Thumbs Up 2

So the sihouetted Deadly Six members were standing in a pillar's shadow all along. But they are fucking badass with the way they took control of those Badniks (mind control, maybe?) and the gameplay looks fast and fun.

... WHY IS THIS NOT COMING FASTER?!

EDIT: DAMMIT CHAOS WARP YOU BEAT ME TO THE MIND CONTROL GUESS >:U

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Whoop! Mind control on robots! Who knew.

As for Orbot and Cubot coming back, well, we'll probably see them as much as we'll be seeing the Wisps from now on. But who would you rather have? The Wisps or the comedic robots? [bad question, I know]

As for being the first thing out of the Direct - I was surprised. I certainly didn't expect it. But it was welcomed.

Looking forward to learn how those randomized level tropes fit in with the major ones.

Edit: Oh and Knuckles, and to lesser extent Amy returning briefly.

Edited by Balding Spider

The cutscene is pretty cool but it would look MUCH better if it had Unleashed-Generations style.

So Sonic Lost World will have a better story than Generations and Colours...hooray!

Just because the Deadly Six did a thing in a cutscene doesn't mean we'll have a better story. Best not to make assumptions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally, some more coverage on the portable version.

I was worried that Windy Hill was going to be the only 3D stage, due to it having the only 3D stages shown in the convention demos, but now I can gladly put those worries to rest.

The RC toys look really neat. Tney seem to work like Murfy in Rayman Legends Wii U. Just one thing, if the toys can only be used to help Sonic in the Wii U version, what will non-Wii U owners do with them? They'll probably just be virtual collectables.

That theme music is dandy, as well.

Just because the Deadly Six did a thing in a cutscene doesn't mean we'll have a better story. Best not to make assumptions. 

No Sonic game can't be more bland story wise than Generations anyway, so.

Edited by KrazyBean

But it DOES though. Eggman/Orbot/Cubot don't look any diffrent than they did in those games.

Those are CHARACTERS. The style applies to the places, not the characters. I mean, the Deadly six share the same overly cartoony toyish style but Sonic characters are the same as they have always been.

Well thats just completely awesome!!! I am quite sure the story will be better then, or at least not as bare-bones as Colors, but something tells me itll be a similar type of story, just with a bit more of...well.. story : P  Awesome to see Cubot and Orbot back!!! hope they stay for future games.

Zavok has my respect now xD Everyone else seem fine and work as a team, but Zavok is just badass! mind-controlling Eggmans badniks, the question is: why didnt he mind-control Orbot and Cubot? probably not seen as a threat?

Also 3DS connectivity is neat!!! so not only in wii U you can get a co-op with another player with a wiimote, but also a 3DS! Although I want to see what the RC plane did, it just seemed to grab rings, nothing else, well besides the ability of flying XD I hope it has a way of helping Sonic as in transporting him, Shooting. SOMETHING!

• Thumbs Up 2