Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Wow, what a cool looking cutseen :)

Really like the camera angles and how Sonic was doing things he can do in the gameplay here and still look bad ass (dat parkor man :)).  If that scene is any indication of this games cutscene quality, then were in for a treat story wise.

• Thumbs Up 1

ScreenShot2013-08-07at164249.png?t=13758

Eggman's gonna be great in this game.

HEY EGGMAN, REMEMBER THE DAYS YOU COULD OUTRUN SONIC? THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPEND EVERY SINGLE DAY ON THAT FATMOBILE!

God this game, THIS GAME!

• Thumbs Up 2

Scenario A. Because they're the only robots without built in firepower

Scenario B. Their Mind trick only works on creature with limited intelligence. Orbot and Cubot both have more A.I than the average Badnik whose only real programing is to destroy Sonic.

Shit, I just thought of something.

What if they actually use that explanation, and then Knuckles gets mind controlled with him being dumb enough as the excuse, therefore flanderizing (he's not brain-dead just gullible dammit) and disrespecting the character even more? Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does..........

rage-quit-guy-o.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

That cutscene "sniff" words cannot describe how epic that was, although I hate to say it, but I think besides this and maybe the final boss I think this is a one off thing and it takes place in what I believe in zone 2 (desert ruins).

825.gif

Damn that cutscene was cool.  So much going on and it looked fantastic in HD.  Also, Eggman's run was the best thing ever.  I'd love to see subs/translations of the dialogue though to get an idea of what they're saying.

• Thumbs Up 6

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

ScreenShot2013-08-07at164249.png?t=13758

Eggman's gonna be great in this game.

This, Eggman's panicked running was the icing on the cake.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shit, I just thought of something.

What if they actually use that explanation, and then Knuckles gets mind controlled with him being dumb enough as the excuse, therefore flanderizing (he's not brain-dead just gullible dammit) and disrespecting the character even more? Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does..........

rage-quit-guy-o.gif

Well the bottom line is, he's not very bright. Honestly, I can actually see that as an excuse to justify another Sonic vs. Knuckles fight.

At this point, I've just accepted that Knuckles isn't very bright anymore; I just want him to do something.

Hold on I just realized (ok I read on youtube) listen to the 3ds footage carefully, what do you hear.

Honestly this seemed to be one of if not the best non-CGI cutscenes in the entire franchise's history. I really hope the other cutscenes in the game follow suit and bring us a pretty magical experience

Hold on I just realized (ok I read on youtube) listen to the 3ds footage carefully, what do you hear.

Are you referring to the newly added voice clips? Because the music is cut out for the Direct.

Are you referring to the newly added voice clips? Because the music is cut out for the Direct.
No I heard the theme song to sonic lost world.

No I heard the theme song to sonic lost world.

Oh. You don't have to listen so closely, it's not like Iwata's voice overlaps the music like Aaron Webber while playing Frozen Factory.

I really hope this isn't the opening cutscene to the game.

It doesn't take place in Windy Hill, which one can tell by using simple inference that it's the first stage, using the Green Hill trope and all...

Am i the only one who noticed Tails's character model in the 3DS version looked pretty good? O.o

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 9

So I guess we can assume the beginning of the game involves Sonic trying to stop Eggman, but the Deadly Six take over in the second world. 

I wonder how Knuckles and Amy fit into this. I wouldn't mind them being hypnotized if it got them in on the action

Remote control machines for player 2? I guess this means there aren't other playable characters...dangit, Tails can fly why do you need a remote control helicopter?

• Thumbs Up 1

Am i the only one who noticed Tails's character model in the 3DS version looked pretty good? O.o

It looks like his Colors Wii model with a different shader, yet Sonic looks more polygonal in gameplay. Probably for space reasons, or something.