zgq.gif

md5.gif

kpe.gif

9rt.gif

This game... it's gonna be amazing.

*You have reached your quote of positive votes for the day*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But seriously, thanks for this.

Just to clarify, can you guys see them? They're fine for me.

Anyway, after watching the clip over and over again, it's really picked up my hopes for the story. A lot of tense action in just one cutscene, I'm so excited!

• Thumbs Up 1

md5.gif

Can I have the gif where Sonic rescues Tails?

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Can I have the gif where Sonic rescues Tails?

It's the one directly below that one in Cake's post. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Am I the only one who found the cut scene kind of...amusing in a weird way? Not to rain on the parade, but, really, that was kind of chuckle-worthy. On a beautiful sunny day, you have these adorable looking robots lobbing bright orange projectiles around the gang, not necessarily aiming for them but simply making a mess, and Eggman and co are dancing and getting thrashed in an effort to get away. Then of course Cubot.

I dunno; for all of the badassery on display by the Zeti, you think Sega could've desaturated the colors a little, had a more sinister musical cue, had a couple of comparative close-ups between Eggman and Zavok to visually exemplify the relationship between the two as the hunted and hunter, something a little bit more. But as it stands, it was cute almost. So I'm not super-hyped, but I am relieved that there seems to be some semblance of the scenario planners actually fucking trying. We'll see if the rest of the story continues in this vain, or better yet, if it ascends this level of storytelling to any notable degree.

• Thumbs Up 8

Those .gifs are wonderful, thank you!

Liking the PG decapitation with Cubot in retrospect. Poor robots, capable of being gored in horrifying ways in PG games...

Really liking the intensity of it all; it actually feels somewhat like a real battle with all the stray battles. Active combat isn't neat, it's a clusterfuck, after all.

Am I the only one who found the cut scene kind of...amusing in a weird way? Not to rain on the parade, but, really, that was kind of chuckle-worthy. On a beautiful sunny day, you have these adorable looking robots lobbing bright orange projectiles around 

Just to point something out, Snail Blaster's attacks aren't exactly accurate since they're more like Mortars so them not hitting the target is down to that reason, Buzz Bombers seem to be wrecking everyone's shit though, sniping little bastards.

Am I the only one who found the cut scene kind of...amusing in a weird way? Not to rain on the parade, but, really, that was kind of chuckle-worthy. On a beautiful sunny day, you have these adorable looking robots lobbing bright orange projectiles around the gang, not necessarily aiming for them but simply making a mess, and Eggman and co are dancing and getting thrashed in an effort to get away. Then of course Cubot.

I dunno; for all of the badassery on display by the Zeti, you think Sega could've desaturated the colors a little, had a more sinister musical cue, had a couple of comparative close-ups between Eggman and Zavok to visually exemplify the relationship between the two as the hunted and hunter, something a little bit more. But as it stands, it was cute almost. So I'm not super-hyped, but I am relieved that there seems to be some semblance of the scenario planners actually fucking trying. We'll see if the rest of the story continues in this vain, or better yet, if it ascends this level of storytelling to any notable degree.

It's a game about a cartoony blue hedgehog fighting a giant egg-shaped scientist.

There's nothing wrong with it being goofy in that regard. And real combat is a clusterfuck, not neat, much like what happened. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Can I also point out that the Badniks seem to be GIVING CHASE at the end of the scene? Like seriously when did they get so ballsy??

• Thumbs Up 6

I got a feeling Knuckles and Amy are 3DS exclusive.

Good. Better for me then since I will be getting that version

Edited by Joey Wheeler

Can I also point out that the Badniks seem to be GIVING CHASE at the end of the scene? Like seriously when did they get so ballsy??

Since a much more sinister villain took control of them...........

^I'd never thought you of all people would pull that ol' excuse.

Why is that?

EDIT: Never mind.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Since a much more sinister villain took control of them...........

Not to mention more intelligent presumably. Eggman overlooks all the small details so it's no wonder they not only can take command of his army, but do it much, much more efficiently.

It's a running trope a villain's underlings are smarter than him and would make for much more deadly commanders, too.

I hope there are good enough cutscenes just like unleashed. I always like to sit back and enjoy the cutscenes.

Good to have something new in my signature. I like it!

Edited by jordine

The more i hear about this game the more i want it.

I told a friend about the new cutscene. He's always had some really weird definition of spoilers and says that first cutscene reveals should decrease sales as "then everyone knows the entire plot."

I need better friends.

I hope there are good enough cutscenes just like unleashed. I always like to sit back and enjoy the cutscenes.

Definitely echoing this. We've got a harder difficulty... now if they could have a good-sized story we'd be golden. It'd be like Unleashed in terms of scale but done entirely right in terms of gameplay. I think this would be the greatest masterpiece in ages.

They burned the good doctor's glorious mustache D:

Indeed they did... they really are monsters.

The more i hear about this game the more i want it.

Ditto!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Yeah... what Nepenthe said was my first impression as well.

I know being the party pooper has basically become my role in this thread, but I'm not seeing anything too impressive. I do like the action, so that's something.

Edited by Discoid
  • Thumbs Up 2

Eggman's robots for once being awesome......and Eggman isn't even the one controlling them, ho ho ho!

Shit just got real in Sonic Lost World.

My guess is Eggman had them all assembled, ready to kill Sonic once and for all...

Then, true to fictional tropes, the Six rebel and stage a coup in this key moment (I presume the Six wanted to kill both Sonic and Eggman at once, more than smart enough to recognise the threat the former is).

We can see that both Eggman and Sonic alike just aren't capable of fighting them alone... so bam, alliance is likely made in next cutscene.

Now, to anticipate how Eggman will eventually betray Sonic in the storyline.