Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Shut up, this will clearly be Pacific Rim 2, Eggman in a sky scraper sized mech aided by Super Sonic versus macro versions of the deadly six.

Make it happen SEGA!

• Thumbs Up 2

Shut up, this will clearly be Pacific Rim 2, Eggman in a sky scraper sized mech aided by Super Sonic versus macro versions of the deadly six.

Make it happen SEGA!

id pay so much money to see that happen

Make it happen SEGA!

So the Dark Gaia Battle without ripping off Power Rangers?

I could get down with this I suppose...

Though I anticipate Eggman will try and kill Sonic right after. :P

Deadly Six try to kill Sonic and Eggman at once > Eggman tries to kill Sonic and Six at once > Sonic finishes BOTH off at once!

I think one of the reasons that resonated so well is that it's pretty much the first time we've seen Eggman in a state of genuine helplessness. He doesn't have a backup plan, and his motivations here aren't part of any overarching scheme, He certainly did NOT expect the Deadly Six to be capable of mind-controlling the robots, and he certainly did NOT expect his ambush to ever-so spectacularly fail. Even Sonic, who normally approaches his rivals with a sense of cockiness and superiority, seemed to take this situation much more seriously than we've seen him in the likes of Colors and Generations. That said, I'm judging all of this from a single cutscene, but seriously, what a cutscene it was.

From fucking salad underwear to this? Mad props.

• Thumbs Up 9

Cutscene looks good. No Knuckles and Amy in sight.

It's looking more like this is another Colors DS situation.

My guess is Eggman had them all assembled, ready to kill Sonic once and for all...

Then, true to fictional tropes, the Six rebel and stage a coup in this key moment (I presume the Six wanted to kill both Sonic and Eggman at once, more than smart enough to recognise the threat the former is).

We can see that both Eggman and Sonic alike just aren't capable of fighting them alone... so bam, alliance is likely made in next cutscene.

Now, to anticipate how Eggman will eventually betray Sonic in the storyline.

I don't think Eggman had them planned for Sonic so much as he had them for taking over the planet. After all, it seems like a lot of the events got put into motion before Sonic even arrives on Lost Hex.

Well, that's what it seemed like. This is more than likely the point where Sonic and Eggman are both forced to form their alliance. The peculiar thing is that it takes place in Desert Ruins, which begs a few questions from me: How early is Desert Ruins in the game? Is it still part of the Windy Hill line-up? If not, how long does it take to get there? Is every level mandatory now or are they going the Generations route? Overall, how long is this game going to be?

its still too early to say

I don't think Eggman had them planned for Sonic so much as he had them for taking over the planet. After all, it seems like a lot of the events got put into motion before Sonic even arrives on Lost Hex.

Well, that's what it seemed like. This is more than likely the point where Sonic and Eggman are both forced to form their alliance. The peculiar thing is that it takes place in Desert Ruins, which begs a few questions from me: How early is Desert Ruins in the game? Is it still part of the Windy Hill line-up? If not, how long does it take to get there? Is every level mandatory now or are they going the Generations route? Overall, how long is this game going to be?

Its probably like some have already said. Sonic goes to Lost Hex thinking Eggman is behind this. Windy Hill happens. He meet the Zeti and then in Desert Ruins the betrayal and alliance is formed.

• Thumbs Up 1

its still too early to say

Please note that I said "it's looking more like" and not "it is."

That cutscene was beautiful to look at. It was almost reminiscent of the Sonic Unleashed cutscene where Sonic and Eggman butt heads in Maruzi. Probably because both take place in desert environments. It made me really excited to see what ahead, in terms of the graphics for gameplay and story! 

And ohh man, the action! I'm a sucker for action scenes in Sonic games, and this one definitely wasn't an exception. Especially in what seems to be the Deadly Six brainwashing or rewiring Eggman's badniks, they're going to be, and already are, a threat to Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. Poor Tails :( So much going on this scene for sure, and I hadn't noticed until Jetronic pointed it out that Eggman's mustache gets burned in the process. It shall be avenged!

• Thumbs Up 1

Most likely. They did it with the storyline in the Olympics titles as well...

Obligatory "Boooo!" to SEGA on this front.

Well, I mean within the context of the cutscene; Eggman decides no sending a small army at Sonic this time, he's going to send an entire army to kill Sonic right off the bat before he can foil his plans. So, a moment of cleverness on Eggman's part for once. ...then it turns out his army isn't exactly his anymore.

The peculiar thing is that it takes place in Desert Ruins, which begs a few questions from me: How early is Desert Ruins in the game? Is it still part of the Windy Hill line-up? If not, how long does it take to get there? Is every level mandatory now or are they going the Generations route? Overall, how long is this game going to be?

I can echo this... I'm really curious to see the exact placement and length. I'm presuming each Six has their own level, so we'll get maybe Six areas with a seventh final area like in Colors. I'd anticipate maybe 6 Acts per area, but... who knows.

Its probably like some have already said. Sonic goes to Lost Hex thinking Eggman is behind this. Windy Hill happens. He meet the Zeti and then in Desert Ruins the betrayal and alliance is formed.

Fair enough approximation, but remember that's two major areas to traverse just for the first major story point to into gear. What is going on before, and how much time will be left for the rest of the story? I just think I'd be less worried about development and length if this had happened in Windy Hill instead. x.x

I liked the cutscene too, but I'm not really understanding the "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR" reactions everyone else is having. Its definitely an intense scene.

Well, I mean within the context of the cutscene; Eggman decides no sending a small army at Sonic this time, he's going to send an entire army to kill Sonic right off the bat before he can foil his plans. So, a moment of cleverness on Eggman's part for once. ...then it turns out his army isn't exactly his anymore.

If a row of the snail bots and a row of Buzzbombers are now considered an entire army...

My, how the mighty have fallen. (That's another reason as to why I wasn't blown away. :P)

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman's robots for once being awesome......and Eggman isn't even the one controlling them, ho ho ho!

Yes. And that's a problem. SEGA doesn't seem to realize that making their main villain look completely awful ALL the time doesn't make Sonic look good.

How good of a hero is Sonic if the main villain looks pathetic?

Please note that I said "it's looking more like" and not "it is."

Im aware

Fair enough approximation, but remember that's two major areas to traverse just for the first major story point to into gear. What is going on before, and how much time will be left for the rest of the story? I just think I'd be less worried about development and length if this had happened in Windy Hill instead. x.x

What if this is the start? And Sonic and co retreat to Windy Hill while one of the Zeti gives chase?

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering the sheer amount of .gifs the content of SLoW has provided from the recent footage/trailers, poor Jez's gonna have to turn off all signatures if he hasn't done so already. XP

Echoing that I liked the cutscene too but I'm not too hyped up over it. /dislodgedbrickonthehypetrainrailroadtrack

If a row of the snail bots and a row of Buzzbombers are now considered an entire army...

My, how the mighty have fallen. (That's another reason as to why I wasn't blown away. tongue.png)

Well... small as it was, it certainly kicked more ass than that giant space fleet did. tongue.png

It actually made Sonic, Eggman and Tails make a strategic retreat and all.

Conservation of Ninjitsu for you I guess.

How good of a hero is Sonic if the main villain looks pathetic?

Is Sonic even a hero to begin with, or just a rebellious punk who likes to smash up a wannabe-emperor's toys?

There are rare moments where Eggman shows himself to be more competent as an antagonist, and it is those moments where Sonic shines as a hero and not just a kid with a unique talent, I think.

My guess is Eggman had them all assembled, ready to kill Sonic once and for all...

Then, true to fictional tropes, the Six rebel and stage a coup in this key moment (I presume the Six wanted to kill both Sonic and Eggman at once, more than smart enough to recognise the threat the former is).

We can see that both Eggman and Sonic alike just aren't capable of fighting them alone... so bam, alliance is likely made in next cutscene.

Now, to anticipate how Eggman will eventually betray Sonic in the storyline.

After Sonic defeats the Six, Eggman smacks Sonic away and absorbs their power (Or, alternatively, the power of Lost Hex) with some machine, then either runs off to the final zone or fights Sonic then and there.

idk, it's kind of unclear what his actual motivations are right now. Is Eggman after some sort of secret power, or was his plan really just to form an alliance with the Deadly Six and use them to conquer the world? If so, what the hell made him think that would work?

Next interview someone please ask if Knuckles and Amy are in the Wii U version! or ask for both versions to be safe for both of them. Sonic and tails only gets old fast! Like in colors!

idk, it's kind of unclear what his actual motivations are right now. Is Eggman after some sort of secret power, or was his plan really just to form an alliance with the Deadly Six and use them to conquer the world? If so, what the hell made him think that would work?

Based on the "Rebel against Eggman" quote that's been said, I'm presuming the Zeti are like the Wisps in being seen as a resource to use in his plans rather than individuals; they are subordinates to be acquired, exploited and discarded.

I think we've established Eggman has serious short-term memory loss (long-term by this point maybe) and can't seem to remember how good making use of mystical power beings goes. Whatever happened to good, clean chaos energy or nuclear power or something?

If Episode II has any bearing on the plot of the main games... maybe Eggman wanted to use them to take over the Lost World, convert it into a new Death Egg-like body, and use it as a launching base against the entire Earth? Eggman's had his own country ONCE... maybe he desires that again?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

There are rare moments where Eggman shows himself to be more competent as an antagonist, and it is those moments where Sonic shines as a hero and not just a kid with a unique talent, I think.

It's so rare that it's frustrating. I think the last time we seen competence in Eggman is Unleashed. He trumped Sonic's Super-Stu state and Sonic doesn't even seem to notice.

• Thumbs Up 1

What if this is the start? And Sonic and co retreat to Windy Hill while one of the Zeti gives chase?

You mean if it's actually the beginning cut scene? That's a possibility, but a weird one. I was under the impression that players would start off in Windy Hill, because you know, the opening's gotta be green. And if that's the case, why showcase an area the player can't even reach yet and them whisk them all the way back to the first stage? To hammer home the retreat? Probably, but I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will use those kinds of storytelling chops. That will be a wait-and-see. =P

Well... small as it was, it certainly kicked more ass than that giant space fleet did. tongue.png

It actually made Sonic, Eggman and Tails make a strategic retreat and all.

Conservation of Ninjitsu for you I guess.

I don't think it's Conservation of Ninjutsu so much as it is pure cognitive dissonance (and goddammit, I just miss that big opening. It was truly badass.)

My, how the mighty have fallen. (That's another reason as to why I wasn't blown away. tongue.png)

Ironically this army did a lot better than the Unleashed one.