Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I wonder, what will be the role of Knuckles and Amy in the game?
Knuckles Most of all, I imagine that Amy will be kidnapped by the Six Deadly.

If tails was not their, sonic could of handled those robots with ease! Just couldn't help see his good ol' buddy getting hurt from buzzbombers and snail blaster that tails has faced many in sonic 3 & knuckles!

When did he get so scared/

Ironically this army did a lot better than the Unleashed one.

It's ironic to the point of being heartbreaking.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's so rare that it's frustrating. I think the last time we seen competence in Eggman is Unleashed. He trumped Sonic's Super-Stu state and Sonic doesn't even seem to notice.

His plan with the Time Eater was also fairly clever I think, and he maintained control all the way until the very end. But you know, bad guy always must lose. The writer god wills it.

I'm sure we'll get to see some cleverness on Eggman's part in the wake of his retreat. He strikes me as someone who thinks best when he's not in the "muhaha, there's no way I can lose!" phase so I wouldn't be surprised if he demonstrates some brilliance with what he instructs Sonic to do.

I don't think it's Conservation of Ninjutsu so much as it is pure cognitive dissonance (and goddammit, I just miss that big opening. It was truly badass.)

A big force is awesome I must concur, but often not practical against such a small target... I presume Eggman wanted a smaller, elite force; the Six as the main bulk with the Badniks providing fire support. Turns out it actually is quite effective at routing Sonic (not surprising, given most times Sonic's attacked the robots are one on one)... shame is that the force didn't stay under his control. tongue.png

It's ironic to the point of being heartbreaking.

Its funny how Eggman's bots suddenly become a lot more threatening when they aren't under his control.

His plan with the Time Eater was also fairly clever I think, and he maintained control all the way until the very end. But you know, bad guy always must lose. The writer god wills it.

My main problem with the Time Eater one is that, it kinda goes unnoticed.

It  doesn't help that Sonic is ever-so-self-aware-and-witty about it all. "I beat you every time." It just... ugh...

Its funny how Eggman's bots suddenly become a lot more threatening when they aren't under his control.

Sigh... This makes me want to give up on the franchise. It really does.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik

Didn't Amy appear like, halfway in Unleashed's story?

This was before the "Curb ALL the non-Sonic 2 era characters!" fetish hit SEGA like a brick.

We can hope they at least squeeze them in, but I'm not holding my breath. We will most likely see them as 3DS exclusives because I'm not seeing why they'd suddenly appear in the console version... compare how forced they feel in Colors DS as a "oh buy this version too please" move.

Sigh... This makes me want to give up on the franchise. It really does.

It was a joke man, lighten up.

• Thumbs Up 2

It was a joke man, lighten up.

No, not what you said, because it's the truth.

I'm tired of Eggman looking pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

....So why didn't you quit the franchise like twenty years ago? I understand what you're saying in that you want Eggman to get some villain cred back, but he's always been something a bumbling fool, this time isn't any different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are you speaking in third person Dr. ivo Eggman robotnik?

had to....

Edited by jordine

You know, deadly robots tend to be more threatening when you don't have a instant kill move that plows through everything anymore.

But Sonic still has the homing attack.

....So why didn't you quit the franchise like twenty years ago? I understand what you're saying in that you want Eggman to get some villain cred back, but he's always been something a bumbling fool, this time isn't any different.

SA2 showed him that he ca be competent, I'm holding on for that one fabric of hope that they show him as a powerful villain.

Plus, the times in the classic, they were interpretable.  There wasn't a cutscene that outright said Eggman's a school-girl "LOOOOOOSER". The final bosses often made you feel outmatched. You usually had no rings. One hit, you're gone.

The Adventures made him sound threatening. Particularly SA2.

06, from what I seen, gave him this feeling of a gentleman.

Heroes and Shadow are horrible offenders.

But lately the writers have given him such a shortend that they tell you, in a self-aware manner, that "lol eggmayun u always lose."

It doesn't help that Archie Eggman shows him as what he SHOULD be.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik

Yeah, homming attack them one at time while they're buzzing/rolling around and firing in all directions.

Half the enemies in this game can shake off the homing attack.

You know, deadly robots tend to be more threatening when you don't have a instant kill move that plows through everything anymore.

Yeah, like Spin-Dashing--... Oh.

To imply that this particular threat is actually too much for Sonic to handle, even without the Boost, seems kind of disingenuous when he still has both his speed, a rolling mechanic, and the Homing Attack at his disposal. You're telling me we've never seen him bounce around chaining moves together, or that he feasibly can't?

• Thumbs Up 6

Poor Tails sad.png So much going on this scene for sure, and I hadn't noticed until Jetronic pointed it out that Eggman's mustache gets burned in the process. It shall be avenged!

Eggman's mustache gets burned?!?!

*Rewatchs video*

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Edited by Da Victoes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, homming attack them one at time while they're buzzing/rolling around and firing in all directions.

It's like swatting a few locusts during the Eighth Plague. You're not going to make a dent.

There's too much going on, plus Tails was nearly killed there, so it becomes obvious Sonic is in no place to fight them.

Making Sonic retreat is an accomplishment in and of itself, I'd say.

I don't recall the boost being used as an in-cutscene move in Unleashed and Sonic's homing attack worked well on the 'bots in it's cutscenes. huh.png  Sonic was only distracted from taking out all the bots in the exact manner he did in Unleashed due to Tails being hit.

Half the enemies in this game can shake off the homing attack.

That's what his other moves are for. Not using them is cutscene incompetence.

They're also more threatening when you have more than yourself to worry about, as we saw with Tails.

And Verte, Sonic never faced an robot army before in a cutscene.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

SA2 showed him that he ca be competent, I'm holding on for that one fabric of hope that they show him as a powerful villain.

Plus, the times in the classic, they were interpretable.  There wasn't a cutscene that outright said Eggman's a school-girl "LOOOOOOSER". The final bosses often made you feel outmatched. You usually had no rings. One hit, you're gone.

The Adventures made him sound threatening. Particularly SA2.

06, from what I seen, gave him this feeling of a gentleman.

Heroes and Shadow are horrible offenders.

But lately the writers have given him such a shortend that they tell you, in a self-aware manner, that "lol eggmayun u always lose."

It doesn't help that Archie Eggman shows him as what he SHOULD be.

Well for starters, the Archie comics are a completely different medium and hold different standards for the characters.

Secondly, just because Eggman isn't this badass force of evil doesn't make him any less entertaining to watch as a character.

I feel like Sonic probably could have taken the badniks if Tails hadn't been injured. Add on the fact that the entire deadly six was there and retreating kinda makes sense.

Plus, almost everyone is expecting Eggman to double-cross Sonic near the end so it's really no big deal.

I'm curious as to how Sonic and Tails will take this alliance since both know him well enough that he'd do such a thing, so that could be interesting.