Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Badniks are badniks guys, just because one of them got a lucky shot doesn't mean they can't be destroyed with a simple homing attack from Sonic.

Well for starters, the Archie comics are a completely different medium and hold different standards for the characters.

Yes... and? You can borrow elements from different things.

That's all Sonic is. He borrows pretty much everything from everyone.

Secondly, just because Eggman isn't this badass force of evil doesn't make him any less entertaining to watch as a character.

it would be nice if he showed he can be a THREAT to the HERO.

What can of entertaining match is it when...

Sonic's up here

And Eggman's down here?

I'm not asking for this...

Robotnik.jpg

but I sure the fuck don't want this.

Robotnik_AoStH.PNG

They're also more threatening when you have more than yourself to worry about, as we saw with Tails.

And Verte, Sonic never faced an robot army before in a cutscene.

TECHNICALLY he did in the Unleashed Opening.

I don't recall the boost being used as an in-cutscene move in Unleashed and Sonic's homing attack worked well on the 'bots in it's cutscenes. huh.png  Sonic was only distracted from taking out all the bots in the exact manner he did in Unleashed due to Tails being hit.

Nah, I'm guessing all of that acrobatic-offensive shit he could do at a few hundred miles per hour, even without Boosting, just magically went away.

I mean Hell, it's not like we have no precedence for this.

I feel like Sonic probably could have taken the badniks if Tails hadn't been injured. Add on the fact that the entire deadly six was there and retreating kinda makes sense.

It's one thing to say he retreated for the sake of Tails' safety. I will take that reasoning.

It's another to snark that because he can't Boost anymore (as if that was the only OHKO-while-moving maneuver he ever had, or that he doesn't have another one anyway), he can't handle a group of low-level badniks that are merely firing when we know, canonically, his abilities should logically allow him to dispatch of this kind of threat with ease anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

it would be nice if he showed he can be a THREAT to the HERO.

What can of entertaining match is it when...

Sonic's up here

And Eggman's down here?

I'm not asking for this...

Robotnik.jpg

but I sure the fuck don't want this.

Robotnik_AoStH.PNG

...But Eggman isn't even the main villain of this game, so why are you acting as if he is?

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's review.

Sonic has never actually fought an army in cutscene or otherwise that I can remember. The robots more or less do their own thing... which is why he can so easily tear them apart. It's why a small force of humans could destroy a large swarm of zombies; there's no discipline or organisation.

This, however, shows the signs of a clear army. You have the Deadly Six operating as cavalry of sorts, with the Buzzbombers and other robots acting like archers. The shots may look stray, but it's akin to archer rain, with the Deadly Six hitting the opponent while they're being hit by archer fire. If you've played Total War (another SEGA franchise now, go figure), you know how effective this "soften, then strike with your fastest and best" technique can be. You're so busy avoiding the small shots the big guys get clean shots on you... there is actual merit in not firing all at the same place because it makes it harder to predict where to run to to avoid the shots.

Hence, the result here was very different from your typical dumb robot A versus Sonic brawl. Even when Badniks are in groups they seldom attack as one; you smash one and then the other one notices you right afterward.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

...But Eggman isn't even the main villain of this game, so why are you acting as if he is?

I'm not?

What I'm saying is that this game could continue to discredit him more and more. There's people who beg for a new villain because they find Eggman pathetic. Probably why the deadly six were even created.

Now, there's a chance that Eggman will be shown doing something cool, and that could help him.

Eggman's not the main villain of this game, I get that. I don't know why you're bringing that up.

However, he IS the main villain of the franchise.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I for one find it hard to believe that one line of Snailblasters and one line of Buzzbombers are considered an 'army'

• Thumbs Up 1

I for one find it hard to believe that one line of Snailblasters and one line of Buzzbombers are considered an 'army'

That was quite a bit of firepower they were packing, though. It may be more of a strike force than an army, but coordination is incredibly lethal even with a small group... especially when you have Six guys who are fairly potent foes on their own.

I'm not?

What I'm saying is that this game could continue to discredit him more and more. There's people who beg for a new villain because they find Eggman pathetic. Probably why the deadly six were even created.

Now, there's a chance that Eggman will be shown doing something cool, and that could help him.

Eggman's not the main villain of this game, I get that. I don't know why you're bringing that up.

However, he IS the main villain of the franchise.

The only way this game would discredit Eggman any more is if it showed he sucked helping Sonic as much as he was against him. Like I said, Eggman has always been somewhat laughable, even when he's at his most competent(Unleashed) so its not really "discrediting" him if he acts no different than he would if he was on the opposing side.

Sonic has dispatched of many enemies while dodging fire from many, many more firearms than were present in the Lost World cut scene. We also know he can chain maneuvers and abilities together to dodge, set-up, and attack. We know this from looking at the Sonic 06 opening and the Unleashed opening alone. There's absolutely no reason to assume that someone with Sonic's level of speed, agility, and repertoire could not have simply Spin Dashed the Snailblasters as they're ground-based, then used his normal speed and agility in combination with Homing Attack and basic spin and jump abilities to destroy the Buzzbombers. To conclude that Sonic cannot face an army simply because he has not faced this specific line before doesn't seem all that rational considering what we know about him and how he's performed in similar or even more dangerous situations.

And like Verte said: Two lines of Badniks? Two lines? This is the extent of the threat that Sonic would have to throw his hands up for? Two lines of normal Badniks? Really? And yet he can beat Metal Sonic with ease every single time he's fought him? Really? In that case, I would have to conclude Sonic just kinda sucks now. xP

• Thumbs Up 3

The only way this game would discredit Eggman any more is if it showed he sucked helping Sonic as much as he was against him. Like I said, Eggman has always been somewhat laughable, even when he's at his most competent(Unleashed) so its not really "discrediting" him if he acts no different than he would if he was on the opposing side.

He's a manchild. His personality is good. But the games have been doing more and more discrediting with their self-awareness.

When Sonic says "You always lose, I'm,gonna beat you AGAIN." There's a problem.

It's pretty annoying. I mean, Mario still treats Bowser the same. Everyone still finds Ganondorf a threat, despite his constant loss.

What makes Eggman's case different that it's so self-aware, and he's been shown time and time again to be a bitch.

What I want is that to change. Because that's a problem.

That was quite a bit of firepower they were packing, though. It may be more of a strike force than an army, but coordination is incredibly lethal even with a small group... especially when you have Six guys who are fairly potent foes on their own.

And a 3 foot tall blue Hedgehog with the innate ability to move at the speed of sound or at more than good enough speed coupled with agility and the ability to rapidly careen his 35kg weight into multiple robots within the blink of an eye is one hell of a weapon as well. Coupled with the multitude of other abilities he has and you have a one man hedgehog army.

This dude said outright, from his own mouth during one Deep Woods mission that he eats multitudes of underworld knights for breakfast, archer or otherwise. And he focused on using a sword of all things above all of his other abilities. And he did it as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm referencing the way the boost was shit-on as another poorly-disguised attempt to diss Unleashed when there's far, far more worse offenders in terms of abilities and their potential application to the situation.

He's a manchild. His personality is good. But the games have been doing more and more discrediting with their self-awareness.

When Sonic says "You always lose, I'm,gonna beat you AGAIN." There's a problem.

It's pretty annoying. I mean, Mario still treats Bowser the same. Everyone still finds Ganondorf a threat, despite his constant loss.

What makes Eggman's case different that it's so self-aware, and he's been shown time and time again to be a bitch.

What I want is that to change. Because that's a problem.

Sonic always chides Eggman for his losses in the Archie series too FYI. But yea, I'm not saying Eggman doesn't have his problems but they're kind of irrelevant in the context of this game.

The cut scene looks great, I have a lot more hope for the cut scenes now than I did from the Colour Power trailer. I can't wait to play this game and see more of them.

One thing I'm curious about... The Deadly Six might have had Eggman's badnicks, but surely he has a huge robot boss battle thing he could use to blow the fuckers up with missiles? But I guess that's make for a short game....

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

Sonic always chides Eggman for his losses in the Archie series too FYI.

I know, I've read every issue of Archie, but at least Eggman is shown in a different light. Eggman's a true villain there. And he's been shown to easily have the ability to destroy them if he wanted, he just rather be a terrorist.

But yea, I'm not saying Eggman doesn't have his problems but they're kind of irrelevant in the context of this game.

What I'm talking about is what the problems it will continue to tread. Sonic and Eggman are absolutely outmatched.

There needs to be a sense of balance and there's none.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik

Um... I dunno about you guys, but Sonic running away from the fight was mainly due to Tails being injured, I believe.

I assume his main goal was to get Tails out of there and into safety. If it was just Sonic by himself, I'm sure he could've taken on the badniks with ease.

I mean, Sonic was literally kicking ass just before it happened.

xj5.gif

EDIT: Ninja'd by Soniko :L

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 1

This cutscene got me thinking... Usually Eggman is the first final boss fight, and then you fight the "big baddy monster", right? What if this time you would fight the Deadly Six, and THEN Eggman is the final boss?

As to why Sonic was not able to take these guys on, I think it's just because he had to rescue Tails and get out of there. Like CakeMiester pointed out, he was literally blowing the badniks up before Tails got injured. When Tails was blasted, he knew he had to save him and ran off.

Edited by TheVGamer

I'm referencing the way the boost was shit-on as anoher poorly-disguised attempt to diss Unleashed when there's far, far more worse offenders in terms of abilities and their potential application to the situation.

If that's what you honestly believe go right ahead, just know that, that wasnt my intention at all. :u

And isn't the fact that Tails was injured kinda shows that he DIDN'T have the situation under control?

Edited by Soniman

Um... I dunno about you guys, but Sonic running away from the fight was mainly due to Tails being injured, I believe.

I assume his main goal was to get Tails out of there and into safety. If it was just Sonic by himself, I'm sure he could've taken on the badniks with ease.

I mean, Sonic was literally kicking ass just before it happened.

xj5.gif

He needed to parkour up a wall...

To attack ground enemies instead which were close to him before he started running instead of the ones he was closest to in the air when he bounded off said wall.

huh.png

@ Soniko: I don't have issue with Sonic retreating with all of the variables in play. Even if Tails was the only thing he was worried about, I wholeheartedly believe that Sonic would stop fighting in any situation and focus on his friends first.

However, I get the feeling people are now actually arguing that Sonic is just way too under powered to actually take down the Badniks. I don't believe that's the case, even with the Zeti in play, because we have seen instances where Sonic has taken out multiple badniks as well as dodged massive amounts of gunfire. And heck, the very first CGI we saw where the Zeti are going after him proves that he has at least the speed and agility to make sure they never land a hit, so I don't empathize with this idea that Sonic- physically- could not have won the battle with the Badniks or the Zeti.

No, not what you said, because it's the truth.

I'm tired of Eggman looking pathetic.

As much as I'm excited for this game, I can see where you're coming from. They finally made Eggman awesome again for the past two games (not to mention having him as the final boss) and now it seems Sega is going back to their old ways wih this character.

The least I am hoping for now is that in the games climax, Eggman double crosses sonic at the last second and summons a giant scary robot and puts the defeated deadly six in it. Now the robot can use all of their powers. From that point, Eggman jumps in the robot, Sonic turns into super sonic, cue final boss battle.

• Thumbs Up 1