Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

One thing I'm curious about... The Deadly Six might have had Eggman's badnicks, but surely he has a huge robot boss battle thing he could use to blow the fuckers up with missiles? But I guess that's make for a short game....

Presumably yes, but... he needs an Egg-O-Matic for that. They destroyed the one he was using... and presumably any spares are in bases guarded by robots which are now turned against him.

He is completely and utterly screwed and will have to throw something together from whatever scrap Sonic could retrieve for him.

I mean, Sonic was literally kicking ass just before it happened.

The question is, while he's distracting fighting the small bots... would he have been able to cope with the Six coming at him all at once?

It's the Archer/Cavalry technique. He gets so caught up fighting the robots (archers) that the Six (cavalry) can swarm him. He has to have his limits despite his skills.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Need I remind you that the Badniks are far more resilient than you may think, since some are immune to homing attack and spin dash, to be honest the way Sonic dispatched Eggman's best guard in Gens/Unleashed with just boosting was just unfair and made Eggman look weaker in comparison to how his machines are simply reduced to scrap metal when Sonic runs through them, it's about time his creations got tougher and a more defensive edge against him, and simply by looking at the cut scene in question, his machines definitely have gotten aggressive and more prone to attacking Sonic on sight, which is more than I can say for his slow ass Egg fighters/Egg pawns.

As much as I'm excited for this game, I can see where you're coming from. They finally made Eggman awesome again for the past two games (not to mention having him as the final boss)

I actually saw Eggman as pathetic there, too. it's mainly due to the self-awareness of it all.

And isn't the fact that Tails was injured kinda shows that he DIDN'T have the situation under control?

I was saying before that happened. Was there any doubt Sonic was going to lose to badniks before that?

Need I remind you that the Badniks are far more resilient than you may think, since some are immune to homing attack and spin dash

Are Snailblasters and Buzzbombers themselves immune to these specific attacks (we know Snailblasters can get Homing attacked because the cut scene told us so), or are we assuming that just because some enemies are immune to some attacks in the gameplay, then all of them are in the cutscenes?

Also, Sonic has dispatched of multiple enemies in non-boost games. Sonic 06 and Black Knight?

@ Soniko: I don't have issue with Sonic retreating with all of the variables in play. Even if Tails was the only thing he was worried about, I wholeheartedly believe that Sonic would stop fighting in any situation and focus on his friends first.

However, I get the feeling people are now actually arguing that Sonic is just way too under powered to actually take down the Badniks. I don't believe that's the case, even with the Zeti in play, because we have seen instances where Sonic has taken out multiple badniks as well as dodged massive amounts of gunfire. And heck, the very first CGI we saw where the Zeti are going after him proves that he has at least the speed and agility to make sure they never land a hit, so I don't empathize with this idea that Sonic- physically- could not have won the battle with the Badniks or the Zeti.

I think Sonic could have easily dispatched the entire line of Badniks, but without sounding like a broken record Tails could have been seriously hurt if he neglected to think of his safety before taking everyone on, however I disagree when I say that Sonic could have taken all 6 of the Deadly's, especially when he barely knows anything about them, and if it's anything to go by they seem to act as a unit rather than on their own, who's to say they wouldn't work together to get the upper hand over Sonic? Especially with Zavok leading them, I somehow doubt Sonic could take them.

But that's entirely down to lack of info of abilities/strengths the Deadly Six have, for all we know they could be extreme power houses.

Snail Blaster is immune to Homing Attack? I thought he can only be dispatched with the new kick move?

Edited by Super Soniko

I actually saw Eggman as pathetic there, too. it's mainly due to the self-awareness of it all.

Is it really self-aware so much as highlighting a trend? In canon it makes perfect sense...

Even if we know the out of canon reason is we like to be spoonfed "good always wins" cliches and so, Eggman will always lose no matter how clever he is.

The difference is most villains have a clever scheme and the heroes need to be innovative to find a way around it... whereas Eggman just forgets a minor detail most of the time and it quickly bites him in the ass; Sonic just helps himself to the leftovers of this feast of failure. I can see merit in the comic Robotnik doing the opposite: he acknowledges he always will be beaten, so became clever and instead sets up his plans so even if Sonic wins, he still gains some sort of victory. If game Eggman had this epiphany, it would actually make him more of a threat; the Xanatos Gambit is always a scary thing in a villain given they recognise their likely failure and have a means to still garner something from it.

Which is why I'm really hoping in this game, faced with the prospect of how little he has now, Eggman makes some genuinely masterful strokes. Compare how you are often most efficient when small versus when big; now that he has nothing he'll have to be careful with his resources. I think a large part of his failure is normally he has so much to work with he either overlooks details due to human error and the fact he has no real incentive to use his resources wisely.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Sonic could have easily dispatched the entire line of Badniks, but without sounding like a broken record Tails could have been seriously hurt if he neglected to think of his safety before taking everyone on, however I disagree when I say that Sonic could have taken all 6 of the Deadly's, especially when he barely knows anything about them, and if it's anything to go by they seem to act as a unit rather than on their own, who's to say they wouldn't work together to get the upper hand over Sonic? Especially with Zavok leading them, I somehow doubt Sonic could take them.

But that's entirely down to lack of info of abilities/strengths the Deadly Six have, for all we know they could be extreme power houses.

Fair enough that we don't know the Zeti's abilities. They- especially Zavok- could be extremely strong. However, I still think Sonic could hold his own to some degree using nothing but his acrobatic prowess, simply because we've already seen as such. But who knows, maybe they have built-in Super forms and are just holding out. I don't know. xP

Again, I'm mainly concerned with this sudden notion that Sonic essentially can't fight robots with his basic abilities anymore. But if we agree with each other on that notion, then we're basically in agreement all around. Again, I think Sonic would throw a fight for the sake of Tails or anyone else in the line of fire regardless of the physical match up between him and the threat itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why was he able to homing attack the Snail Blasters? What? I know it's gameplay and story segregation but now that just bugs me.

I still think it's awesome how Sonic has his priorities straight and the focus on him getting Tails outta there instead of fighting on. He used his speed for something other than getting his hands dirty. Sonic could've taken on two lines of badnik's and would've decimated them in a period of less than ten seconds undistracted.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can see merit in the comic Robotnik doing the opposite: he acknowledges he always will be beaten, so became clever and instead sets up his plans so even if Sonic wins, he still gains some sort of victory. If game Eggman had this epiphany, it would actually make him more of a threat; the Xanatos Gambit is always a scary thing in a villain given they recognise their likely failure and have a means to still garner something from it.

Yes, this is what I'm asking for. Just make him show to have a badass stature. I love that he's a manchild, but I want him to be shown as a threat. That's it.

Otherwise, it's just completely and utterly imbalanced.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how we're judging Eggman's role throughout the whole game (as well as who's in the entire cast) on one cutscene. Of course I wouldn't put it too far past Sega, but standalone this cutscene is just fine.

Edited by New Age Retro Azoonky

Fair enough that we don't know the Zeti's abilities. They- especially Zavok- could be extremely strong. However, I still think Sonic could hold his own to some degree using nothing but his acrobatic prowess, simply because we've already seen as such. But who knows, maybe they have built-in Super forms and are just holding out. I don't know. xP

Again, I'm mainly concerned with this sudden notion that Sonic essentially can't fight robots with his basic abilities anymore. But if we agree with each other on that notion, then we're basically in agreement all around. Again, I think Sonic would throw a fight for the sake of Tails or anyone else in the line of fire regardless of the physical match up between him and the threat itself.

I definitely think Sonic could take the Badniks in an overwhelming number with his abilities alone so yeah we're definitely in agreement there, but giving the circumstances in the scene that the Deadly Six and Badniks together created then I see Sonic's retreat as not a sign of weakness but simply the situation got way out of Sonic's hands for him to make a clear judgement of what he should of done, stayed and fought? Or retreat and aid his friend? For all we know Sonic could have been intimidated by the Deadly Six in that scene and simply reserved judgement for a later encounter. =P

• Thumbs Up 2

He's a manchild. His personality is good. But the games have been doing more and more discrediting with their self-awareness.

When Sonic says "You always lose, I'm,gonna beat you AGAIN." There's a problem.

It's pretty annoying. I mean, Mario still treats Bowser the same. Everyone still finds Ganondorf a threat, despite his constant loss.

What makes Eggman's case different that it's so self-aware, and he's been shown time and time again to be a bitch.

What I want is that to change. Because that's a problem.

A thing that I think we're missing here, is that just like in the Archie comics, like you said before, the defeats are getting to his head, so Eggman is going crazy with all this failed plans that seemed fail-proof when he started, heck, Robotnik even lampshades this in Generations, and since we're using Archie for reference here, what did Eggman do once he went insane on the comics? Strap some random metallic shit on his arm thinking he is a robot again and thus invencible... Yep... I dont see Game! Eggman too far from doing that right now, specially considering ONCE AGAIN he got backstabbed.

I like how we're judging Eggman's role throughout the whole game (as well as the entire cast) on one cutscene. Of course I wouldn't put it too far past Sega, but standalone this cutscene is just fine.

I'm expressing more or less concerns for him, rather than judging. I HOPE he does something to warrant coolness from him, rather than letting Sonic look more and more great and Eggman looking more and more foolish.

Edited by Dr. Ivo Eggman Robotnik

I do really love how Sonic dropped the entire assault to aid Tails; I know its something we're supposed to expect because he's the hero and all, but considering Sonic tended to come off as an apathetic jerk to his friends in Generations, its nice to see that wonderful bromance from Colors return in full force.

• Thumbs Up 5

I love how we went from ''HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS THE BEST THING EVER, WHAT THE FUCK IS A SONIC GENERATIONS I NEVER HEARD OF THAT, LOST WORLDS IS THE BEST SONIC GAME'' to ''Eggman is a fail, Sonic ran away like an idiot, Tails is such a weakling, the Badniks and the Deadly Six are overpowered baaaawww'' in less than a day... All because of a minute of cutscene... I love this fanbase.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do really love how Sonic dropped the entire assault to aid Tails; I know its something we're supposed to expect because he's the hero and all, but considering Sonic tended to come off as an apathetic jerk to his friends in Generations, its nice to see that wonderful bromance from Colors return in full force.

Sonic was the one who came off an apathetic jerk? I dunno, everyone else who had the power to step in and help a la Heroes but lacked initiative for some odd reason seemed perfectly okay shouting sweet nothings into his and Classic's ears when they were, yanno, knocked the fuck out.

I love how we went from ''HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS THE BEST THING EVER, WHAT THE FUCK IS A SONIC GENERATIONS I NEVER HEARD OF THAT, LOST WORLDS IS THE BEST SONIC GAME'' to ''Eggman is a fail, Sonic ran away like an idiot, Tails is such a weakling, the Badniks and the Deadly Six are overpowered baaaawww'' in less than a day... All because of a minute of cutscene... I love this fanbase.

I was never in either state, but thanks for speaking for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

sonic_and_tails_fist_pound_by_rythehedge

Bromance was the thing that made me love sonic colors so much. Am glad they brought it back in the game. X3 Edited by Da Victoes
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic was the one who came off an apathetic jerk? I dunno, everyone else who had the power to step in and help a la Heroes but lacked initiative for some odd reason seemed perfectly okay shouting sweet nothings into his and Classic's ears when they were, yanno, knocked the fuck out.

Well when he rescued Tails and he described how much his situation sucked, Sonic was more or less "Cool Story bro". And he doesn't even acknowledge anyone else either. 

Everyone in Generations was just....a dick.

He needed to parkour up a wall...

To attack ground enemies instead which were close to him before he started running instead of the ones he was closest to in the air when he bounded off said wall.

huh.png

I don't think he needed to per se, but considering this is Sonic Lost World, the game introducing parkour to the series and using it as a major gameplay element it seems reasonable that they would make Sonic do a little in cutscenes as well.  Not to mention it looks damn cool seeing him run up to a wall and leap off it before disposing of a couple of Badniks.

More like the Wisps will get tiresome if they stay the same every single game after lost world.

I find that very hard to believe.  You don't need them to complete the level and they remind me a lot of Mario's suits.

I'd love to see solid evidence of where someone on this forum has exhibited that attitude.

Back on the whole topic of sonic not being able to beat badniks without the thing, don't forget that just because sonic can't use it in gameplay, it doesn't really limit his actual abilities in the cutscenes so he still has the ability but he just doesn't use it here or in really any other cutscenes in the last few games except in the opening to unleashed.

Edited by megadude001