Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Soniman decided to be facetious so now there's this lengthy discussion about Sonic's pool of abilities and overall strength in inside and outside of cinematics.

Interesting.

Soniman decided to be facetious so now there's this lengthy discussion about Sonic's pool of abilities and overall strength in inside and outside of cinematics. Interesting.
Or I'm just joking and people are taking it way to seriously, as you are now.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Character Development, for Sonic? In this series, what is this nonsense.

What character development? You mean the moment when he decides to retreat and come up with a plan?

Just looks like it's very in-line with Sonic's already established ability to take things seriously when he needs to. Which he exhibited in Unleashed when his folly led to his problems and also in the sheer triumph that SatBK was for his character.

Or I'm just joking and people are taking it way to seriously, as you are now.

..But that's what being facetious is. It's meant to be funny.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

After looking at the trailer, I noticed something about the red rings.

The first red ring is greyed out, while the others are black. I wonder what this is about?

..But that's what being facetious is. It's meant to be funny.
Oh man, the way I've seen the word used in the past I had thought it meant something else. Sorry, carry on.

The cutscene is pretty good (I still hate the art direction so I sure wish it was made using Unleashed art style instead). However Eggman looks like a cowardish clown and Tails is pathetic again.

I guess I can forgive Eggman for being such a joke if they write him good but Tails didn't deserve all this. I miss the days when he could fight by himself and actually do something instead of being such a scared pussy. A shame.

The cutscene has great camera and action - something that's been missing in the games since Sonic 06, I'll give it that.

Now that I've seen that cutscene another 60 times, I take back what I said about Tails' badass decay. If it lead Sonic to get some character development from the moment, then it's cool by me. I would have liked it if Tails had hit a badnik before being caught off guard though.

Yeah, like Spin-Dashing--... Oh.

To imply that this particular threat is actually too much for Sonic to handle, even without the Boost, seems kind of disingenuous when he still has both his speed, a rolling mechanic, and the Homing Attack at his disposal. You're telling me we've never seen him bounce around chaining moves together, or that he feasibly can't?

He was handling them fine, but then Tails got hurt, so for the sake of making sure his bro was okay he retreated.

• Thumbs Up 3

He was handling them fine, but then Tails got hurt, so for the sake of making sure his bro was okay he retreated.

I was concerned about this under a context of strictly physical match-ups, as a few people were actually arguing that Sonic was essentially too weak to handle this particular threat. I've already stated numerous times that Sonic would retreat from a fight of this level under other mitigating circumstances, like his friends' safety.

That cutscene.

The Deadly Six controlling badniks.

Sonic being a badass.

Orbot and Cubot back.

Sonic/Tails bromance.

I.

MUST.

HAVE.

THIS.

GAME!

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what? Even though Sonic could handle those badniks fine without other distractions, and as cool as Unleashed's opening was where Sonic decimated that army...............I wouldn't mind if a concentrated badnik threat like that was strong enough to force his retreat due to the strength alone. It would make Eggman seem like a much more competent threat and the badniks more threatening. And it wouldn't create a big gameplay-story separation either because in levels Sonic usually only takes on 1 to...say 4 badniks at once in one area, they are mostly spaced out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic could have just taken on the Badniks and Six no problem alone...

...doesn't that make the whole alliance with Eggman, nay, the whole game, pointless? It'd be a case of get Tails to safety and then calmly return to whoop some ass. It's not like they could get far.

There's got to be something more to the Six; they have to actually be enough of a threat Sonic would sign on with Eggman rather than go it alone.

You know what? Even though Sonic could handle those badniks fine without other distractions, and as cool as Unleashed's opening was where Sonic decimated that army...............I wouldn't mind if a concentrated badnik threat like that was strong enough to force his retreat due to the strength alone. It would make Eggman seem like a much more competent threat and the badniks more threatening.

Going to echo this. I would like to see Sonic actually be capable of getting his ass whooped if enough enemies target him.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe Sonic ran out of rings or something. unsure.png

In Unleashed, he was full powered and had 7 Chaos Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, I guess that timer wasn't just a demo thing judging the 3DS trailer.

Sucks. But hey, if all the stages are 500 seconds, then we get about 8 minutes and 30 seconds to complete each level.

So, I guess that timer wasn't just a demo thing judging the 3DS trailer.

Sucks. But hey, if all the stages are 500 seconds, then we get about 8 minutes and 30 seconds to complete each level.

That's close-ish to the 10 min game over in the classics. Not too big of an issue but I'd rather just have the freedom to fuck around, explore everything and take like 11 mins if I choose too. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Why was he able to homing attack the Snail Blasters? What? I know it's gameplay and story segregation but now that just bugs me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGV06FbNZ6I

2:47 If you time it right, you can OHKO the snails with a homing attack. Same with Antons.

Great cutscene. Its always going to be hard for fodder like badniks to put up a realistic threat against Sonic. He took out Perfect Chaos for gods sake last game. And he did it easily. Even still, the Tails situation made his retreat make sense.

Also boost is a canon ability featurned in Generations cutscenes. Just b/c he can't in LW, doesn't mean he forgot how to do it story-wise.

I find that very hard to believe.  You don't need them to complete the level and they remind me a lot of Mario's suits.

What the heck did that have anything to do with what I said?

So Eggman was the one who made the 'genocide' line afterall.

He wanted vengeance for the slight eradication of his dearly, beloved moustache.

• Thumbs Up 6