Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

They burned Eggman's magnific stache? Ok, Eggman was probably going to let them get away with backstabbing, since everyone does that nowdays, but they got his 'stache, now this thing is ON.

• Thumbs Up 4

That's close-ish to the 10 min game over in the classics. Not too big of an issue but I'd rather just have the freedom to fuck around, explore everything and take like 11 mins if I choose too. 

Well, the 3DS version seems to hold the strict 10 min time limit. It counts down too.

Now if there were capsules littered all over the place that increased your time in the stage, that could work right? It's no replacement for unlimited time, but its somethin'.

He needed to parkour up a wall...

To attack ground enemies instead which were close to him before he started running instead of the ones he was closest to in the air when he bounded off said wall.

huh.png

Of course he did, he had to dodge.

The cutscene is pretty good (I still hate the art direction so I sure wish it was made using Unleashed art style instead). However Eggman looks like a cowardish clown and Tails is pathetic again.

I guess I can forgive Eggman for being such a joke if they write him good but Tails didn't deserve all this. I miss the days when he could fight by himself and actually do something instead of being such a scared pussy. A shame.

The cutscene has great camera and action - something that's been missing in the games since Sonic 06, I'll give it that.

Seemed more of a lucky shot to me

GYgTL7O.pngJkHIyjC.png

Kind of...

• Thumbs Up 1

On the case of Sonic suddenly becoming too weak to fight Buzz Bombers and such...

Are you guys sure we're talking about the same blue critter here? I mean, the guy beat Perfect Chaos... the god of destruction...at BASE form in Generations, no less. Not to mention he manhandled Eggman's armada of robots in Unleashed's CGI intro cutscene and decimated the army of knights in Black Knight's CGI intro cutscene with a big ass grin on his face while eating two chili dogs as well so Sonic's more than experienced in this department.

Sonic could handle the threat in Lost World no problem if it wasn't for Tails. It's like a DBZ situation where if Gohan were to get in Goku's way, and that was the example haha.

Alrighty, since everyone has already said what I wanted to say (again... sad.png) in regards to the new cutscene, I'll just ask this: was that a remix of Eggman's '06-Colors leitmotif playing in the background when Zavok and his deadly bunch sicced the badniks on Eggman?

*comes back from reading the latest comments on this cut scene from various news outlets/forums talking about it... and rapidly blinks*

So aparently Tails fans are not too happy about this scene... complaints include.

* Tails looks weak.

* Tails wouldn't act like this

* All character development from Sonic Adventure was thrown out of the window.

* Tails has become a damsel in distress.

* Fuck you, you made Tails a wimp.

There are literally tons of people complaining about this... like... what the hell!? Is this a serious thing? Whats wrong with Tails in that? A barrage of badniks starts to shoot and he takes cover behind a wall, the wall explodes and knocks him to the ground, Sonic runs over and saves him... this is aparently generating tons of complaints?

• Thumbs Up 6

Thinking about the past few games, Eggman's become a bit...unhinged, at least based on his classic self's reaction to that gloriously mad laughter. I'd like to see that expanded on in this game, maybe with Tails showing a bit of concern and referring to the last time they worked closely together*. Sonic'll dismiss that concern at first but start to see it over the course of the game, or something. I dunno, just speculation.

*Sonic Adventure 2, technically. As far as I can remember, they didn't interact much in Heroes or the other times they've had to briefly join sides, aside from what I've heard of Chronicles, which isn't really canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty confident Tails will do something worthwhile in this game. Hell, the only reason that Sonic made any progress in Colours was due to his gadget.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails isn't fighting along side Sonic so its apparently a bad thing.

Fans: Iizuka, why are you straddling Tails to the sidelines again? You made him look like a wuss!

Iizuka: Well, we made Tails fight alongside Sonic in the previous game, and you guys complained. So now he is on the sidelines again.

t2_sticker-trollface.jpg

Edited by Yeow
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm pretty confident Tails will do something worthwhile in this game. Hell, the only reason that Sonic made any progress in Colours was due to his gadget.

You mean the gadget that he couldn't get to work properly until after Sonic saved the day? Yeah, really useful, indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the case of Sonic suddenly becoming too weak to fight Buzz Bombers and such...

Are you guys sure we're talking about the same blue critter here? I mean, the guy beat Perfect Chaos... the god of destruction...at BASE form in Generations, no less. Not to mention he manhandled Eggman's armada of robots in Unleashed's CGI intro cutscene and decimated the army of knights in Black Knight's CGI intro cutscene with a big ass grin on his face while eating two chili dogs as well so Sonic's more than experienced in this department.

Sonic could handle the threat in Lost World no problem if it wasn't for Tails. It's like a DBZ situation where if Gohan were to get in Goku's way, and that was the example haha.

I understand now... Oh my god, everything makes sense... SONIC CAN ONLY DEFEAT ARMIES IF HE'S ON A CGI CUTSCENE! Thats why he failed to beat some Badniks here! Its not on CGI!

-----------------------

But seriously, though, Im loving how this game is turning out to be, Zavok seems like a Mephiles done right in every single way, and the humour is slapstick at its finest, which is great for this series, but Im seriously curious with this ''Bigger Story'' that Aaron was talking about, seems like we'll have a good plotline this time.

Edited by Ratcicle King
  • Thumbs Up 2

You mean the gadget that he couldn't get to work properly until after Sonic saved the day? Yeah, really useful, indeed.

To be fair, it wasn't working perfectly until the end, but even from the first cutscene with the translator it worked decently enough, at least to the point where they got the basic message of what Yacker was trying to say.

• Thumbs Up 3

Edit: Nevermind, Accidently quoted when I wanted to edit.sorry guys. 

Edited by Ratcicle King

Yeah there were a few kinks, but as Tails said, they'd have been running around like idiots if he hadn't made the machine. :P

To be fair, it wasn't working perfectly until the end, but even from the first cutscene with the translator it worked decently enough, at least to the point where they got the basic message of what Yacker was trying to say.

To be more fair, Tails didn't even think Eggman was up to no good at first either; it was because Sonic was suspicious that they went to the amusement park in the first place. Sonic was also the one who caught Orbot and Cubot trying to capture Wisps as well. Sonic already suspected that the Generators were bad and needed to be shut down too. All Tails did was confirm Sonic's suspicions after doubting him before. The story could've easily gone without Tails, honestly. Tails was pretty much just there to be someone Sonic can interact with.

Edited by Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails isn't fighting along side Sonic so its apparently a bad thing.

Shouldn't he be though? I'm not going to explode over it, but... there was a time when he'd have been fighting by Sonic's side.

Well I think that;s it for speculation of this cutscene. I was kinda hoping they reveal sonic's third nintendo exclusive game. It could be any game.

New main sonic game.

Sonic and sega all-stars game.

Sonic Riders U

Sonic and mario game.

Sonic 4 episode 3 (I hope it's not this game.)

Quote from Aaron Webber on the Sega Forums:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?492802-Sonic-Lost-World-Japanese-cutscene-footage&p=8165340&viewfull=1#post8165340

I'm eager to see how everything pans out.  I still really liked the cutscene on its own.  In terms of presentation, animation and style.  As a part of a whole it's difficult to judge however.

What was the context of him saying that? Everyone seems to be very positive about the story after that cutscene was shown.................what prompted him to say this? 

Alrighty, since everyone has already said what I wanted to say (again... ) in regards to the new cutscene, I'll just ask this: was that a remix of Eggman's '06-Colors leitmotif playing in the background when Zavok and his deadly bunch sicced the badniks on Eggman?

Actually if you listen closely, you can hear that it's actually a remix of that theme that played over the SoS trailer. So I guess that could mean that it's the Zeti battle theme

What was the context of him saying that? Everyone seems to be very positive about the story after that cutscene was shown.................what prompted him to say this? 

Sonic and the word "die". For some reason it sparks hatred and anger among people who use that are probably far worse and not E10 friendly.

There were people outside of SSMB freaking out over the game's "darker" dialogue, so that's probably why. Don't see what the big deal is, to be honest.