Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

...What if there was a Sky Chase-esque level with Eggman flying the Tornado.

What if.

...okay, this would be awesome, I admit. It's always nice when references are made to past titles but twisted in some way - i.e. like how the method to beat Portal 2's final boss is the exact opposite of Portal 1's.

...SEGA, please make this happen. Not necessarily the Tornado but any plane, really.

I was hoping to see Amy and Knuckles, but that cutscene was awesome! I don't see why everyone's complaining about Tails being a wimp though. Seriously, what did you want him to do? If Sonic couldn't handle it, what was Tails going to do? 

I was hoping to see Amy and Knuckles, but that cutscene was awesome! I don't see why everyone's complaining about Tails being a wimp though. Seriously, what did you want him to do? If Sonic couldn't handle it, what was Tails going to do?

Indeed, they were pretty much completely overwhelmed. Too much going on, too much stray fire... even if Tails had gone into action ten bucks says he would have ended up getting hit anyway. The situation was overall much like a blitzkrieg with how much confusion and force they were hit with, to a point they just couldn't mount a defense.

Honestly, I've never seen Tails on Sonic's, or hell even Amy's, level of strength. Throughout the series, he leaves the most of the fighting to the heavy hitters; which makes sense. If I was friends with people who could, among other abilities; run faster than sound, punch through stone and steel without breaking a sweat, summon a hammer from nowhere, and my greatest physical aspect was just twirling my tails to attain a limited amount of flight then I wouldn't fight that much either. This even translates to gameplay, in classics Tails is vastly inferior to Sonic and Knuckles aside from his flight.

The Adventure series established that Tails` greatest strength are his strategical skills; in both he's the ones who comes up with most of the plans and builds the gadgets the heroes use to save the day, and only fighting when he has no other option. So its not so much that Tails doesn't fight, its the fact that he doesn't fight or contribute anything of note when he's easily capable of doing so.

Exactly this, Tails never really was much of a fighter, but more of a tactician and just helping about with machinery and technical stuff. 

The Games version of Tails anyway.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

What the heck did that have anything to do with what I said?

You say that the wisps are going to get tiresome but they remind me of mario suits.  The Fire suit has been in there since it started and you don't hear people being tried of it.  It could be the same with the wisps.

It seems like it's only the english version that is that "dark".

The german dialog is just: You are wasting my time, Sonic. And I hate waste.

The spanish dialog is actually the same.. Just without mentioning Sonic.

Even thought I don't understand japanese, it looks like they have another dialogue as well.

What if the european dialog is just translated from the japanese Version and the english one is the exception? hmm.. :3

Same thing for the Italian dialog, just to let you know.

It seems like it's only the english version that is that "dark".

The german dialog is just: You are wasting my time, Sonic. And I hate waste.

The spanish dialog is actually the same.. Just without mentioning Sonic.

Even thought I don't understand japanese, it looks like they have another dialogue as well.

What if the european dialog is just translated from the japanese Version and the english one is the exception? hmm.. :3

So the english version seems to be the more threatening one then

You say that the wisps are going to get tiresome but they remind me of mario suits.  The Fire suit has been in there since it started and you don't hear people being tried of it.  It could be the same with the wisps.

I just hope we get some explanation for the Wisps if they are going to become a recurring element. Otherwise it seems kind of bizarre.

I mean, it might work for gameplay, but I am a plot-centric person who dislikes things just being thrown in.

So the english version seems to be the more threatening one then

Well. Fits with the American media's glorification of violence if nothing else.

There seems to be a lot of 'deadly six have physic powers' when it's most likely they took over one of Eggman's facilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

Exactly this, Tails never really was much of a fighter, but more of a tactician and just helping about with machinery and technical stuff. 

The Games version of Tails anyway.

Because Tails totally never fought in the classic games

Or in the Adventure games

Or in Sonic Heroes

Or Sonic 06

Really. Supporting Tails not doing any fighting any more is one thing; trying to claim he was never a fighter is just stupid

I'm a bit surprised everyone is up in arms about Sonic coming to Tails' rescue. 

Has everyone forgotten that Tails has always been looked after by Sonic? Except maybe Sonic Adventure 1, in which he became more independent (only for the plot point to be retconned immediately after). 

In Sonic 2 and 3AK you can play as him and kick ass, granted, but it's not a real plot point. Tails is simply an optional and fun character. In story terms Sonic is the hero, and takes Tails with him as a sidekick buddy. It is Sonic who wins the day, with only minor help from Tails (such as catching him with his biplane) to remind us of his buddy's heroic moments.

Tails is brave and loyal, but he isn't supposed to be as strong as Sonic.

After all, remember the stages that were simply too intense for the little fox to keep up. I'm looking at Wing Fortress Zone and Doomsday Zone here. These levels are clear indication that, when playing as Sonic (the canon character so to speak) Tails is left behind in the tricky parts so the focus can be squarely on the blue hedgehog himself. Sonic has always been the star and somewhat mentor of Tails.

Regardless, this is one of the early cutscenes, so isn't it safe to assume that Sonic and Tails (and Eggman) would be getting owned? This happens all the time in narratives:

- Hero gets owned by unexpected threat

- Hero gets more powerful through adventures

- Hero is finally ready to face down the threat and, after a threatening battle, defeats said threat. 

I wouldn't get upset by this cut-scene guys.since it's pretty standard fare stuff. 

We also don't know the context of this scene. Perhaps Tails was taken by surprise and was unprepared?

Edited by Artemis Wildfire

Has everyone forgotten that Tails has always been looked after by Sonic? Except maybe Sonic Adventure 1, in which he became more independent (only for the plot point to be retconned immediately after). 

In Sonic 2 and 3AK you can play as him and kick ass, granted, but it's not a real plot point. Tails is simply an optional and fun character. In story terms Sonic is the hero, and takes Tails with him as a sidekick buddy. It is Sonic who wins the day, with only minor help from Tails (such as catching him with his biplane) to remind us of his buddy's heroic moments.

After all, remember the stages that were simply too intense for the little fox to keep up. I'm looking at Wing Fortress Zone and Doomsday Zone here. These levels are clear indication that, when playing as Sonic (the canon character so to speak) Tails is left behind in the tricky parts so the focus can be squarely on the blue hedgehog himself. Sonic has always been the star and somewhat mentor of Tails.

Regardless, this is one of the early cutscenes, so isn't it safe to assume that Sonic and Tails (and Eggman) would be getting owned? This happens all the time in narratives:

- Hero is finally ready to face down the threat and, after a threatening battle, defeats said threat. 

I wouldn't get upset by this cut-scene guys.since it's pretty standard fare stuff. 

We also don't know the context of this scene. Perhaps Tails was taken by surprise and was unprepared?

We literally see Tails behind a stone slab when a Buzz Bomber attacks the slab and Tails flies forward and dazed.

Well A. Webber said that there was more to that scene then what we saw and there was a reason he was behind cover like that so we'll see when we play the game.

Well A. Webber said that there was more to that scene then what we saw and there was a reason he was behind cover like that so we'll see when we play the game.

He was behind cover so he could get injured and be in Tails lab in the 3DS version. j/k

How was it retconned? This was expanded upon in SA2, while in Heroes-'06 he at least joined in the fight alongside Sonic and Shadow. It bothers people because he's not been taking a more physical role since then.

Anyway, like Chaos Warp said, there is apparently a reason why Tails is behind a wall at that point, so it doesn't really matter at the moment.

Why don't we wait to see if he actually fights / fends for himself in the rest of the game. Same goes for if Eggman actually shows as a threat anywhere in the rest of the game.

Once again, we're overanalyzing one cutscene. Sure, it wouldn't be a surprise if that's how it ends up, but still. :v

How was it retconned? This was expanded upon in SA2, while in Heroes-'06 he at least joined in the fight alongside Sonic and Shadow. It bothers people because he's not been taking a more physical role since then.

Anyway, like Chaos Warp said, there is apparently a reason why Tails is behind a wall at that point, so it doesn't really matter at the moment.

I haven't played anything since Adventure, so I'm not an expert sad.png

I only heard Tails became Sonic's wannabee after Adventure from friends. 

So I apologies if I upset anyone smile.png

Tail's didn't become a wannabe after SA2, Sonic actually left it down to Tail's to stop Eggman and look after Amy when he was blasted into space in the escape pod aboard the ARK, I think it was an extension on how much faith Sonic has in Tails and he took action, beating Eggman.

He also took initiative to free Sonic from Prison Island on his own, and battled Eggman on Weapon's Bed without backing off, I think Tail's is the same can of worms as Eggman, meaning he'll put up a fight when he's in one of his contraptions but he'd rather help out with his intelligence rather than his brawn, that's when Knuckles comes into it, they all have their own set personality, it's when they start bleeding into each others is when we get confused from Canon to misjudging because SEGA can't even keep control of their characters themselves. I'd say Tail's "grew up" via the Adventure era and realized he shouldn't be Sonic's tag along any more, hell barring SA, he's only really used gadgets to help him fight in games, Dummy Rings in Heroes and 06, then after that he was back to helping transport Sonic around or aiding him with gadgets, so yeah he has fallen back to the sidelines some what.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't played anything since Adventure, so I'm not an expert sad.png

I only heard Tails became Sonic's wannabee after Adventure from friends. 

So I apologies if I upset anyone smile.png

No harm done, mate. I'm not one to blow up over something like this. =]

• Thumbs Up 1

No harm done, mate. I'm not one to blow up over something like this. =]

Yay :)

We can be friends and cuddle :D

I call BS on both statements although the game WILL help the console more or less, that's for sure.

from the article

Even in the back catalogue: if we had Sonic games with low quality, or a bad Metacritic, we took them off the shelf.

..something that I find really stupid and nonsensial. I mean, there are people who'd buy S06, Unleashed etc. Why remove the games from the shelves? I know it's all old news but yeah..

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah... good luck with that one.

Won't revive the Wii U, it'll help it but certainly isn't going to be strong enough to turn it around. Frankly I'm expecting it to be a very dividing game when it comes out.