Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Yeah... good luck with that one.

Won't revive the Wii U, it'll help it but certainly isn't going to be strong enough to turn it around. Frankly I'm expecting it to be a very dividing game when it comes out.

The division is mostly based on graphics/art direction though. Most people are on board from a gameplay perspective. 

The situation that is Lost World reminds me A LOT of how people treated Wind Waker at the time when it was getting announced and revealed. The reactions among the fans is very similar yet most of the general crowd were fond of the game.

Edited by Voyant

Well damn, this game feels more Classic than Generations.

But yeah, I doubt this game is gonna revive the WiiU that much, that's left to the Nintendo Games. 

I don't remember ever seeing this picture of Silent Forest, is it new?

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

Well that explains how to get the red ring in Without taking damage in desert ruins

Remember this Japanese line at the end of the trailer?

ついに ... 六鬼衆の逆襲が 始る

After a lot of digging and trying to find each character, I finally managed to translate it.

At last... The Six Demons begin their counterattack.

Hmmm... does this mean that the Deadly Six are called the "Six Demons" in Japan? Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 5

Monkeybars, cool. I hope he can swing at a decent pace; I don't expect it to match running of course, but it felt a bit slow in S3&K and I don't want to sit around just holding right for too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember this Japanese line at the end of the trailer?

After a lot of digging and trying to find each character, I finally managed to translate it.

Hmmm... does this mean that the Deadly Six are called the "Six Demons" in Japan? Interesting.

Iizuka said at SOS that they're based on Oni, and Oni Japanese for Demon. So yea, that seems reasonable.

Kinda wish they translated that for the seas, Six Demons is finitely more badass than deadly six.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is indeed the case.

I've seen several Japanese references to this game and every time the Deadly Six are called Demons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Monkeybars, cool. I hope he can swing at a decent pace; I don't expect it to match running of course, but it felt a bit slow in S3&K and I don't want to sit around just holding right for too long.

SA1 also had monkeybars in Red Mountain and Sky Deck, IIRC. They were a little faster, especially since you could just jump dash to get across faster. Not sure how it's gonna work here, though. It's pretty cool that they brought them back. Really liking the look of the game so far, even though I won't be able to play the Wii U version.

In an attempt to be more useful in this forum...

89902_SilentForest_Zone1_005-1024x576.jp

And there you go.

Edited by TheCandlemaker
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm not surprised they changed the name from "Demons" to the Deadly Six. That seriously would not have blown over well in the United States for a Sonic game. They did a similar thing for "Satan-sama" from the Puyo Puyo games. They changed his name to "Dark Prince." 

I think Deadly Six is a better name, though.

Oh... and before I forget!

In an attempt to be more useful in this forum...

89902_SilentForest_Zone1_005.jpg

And there you go.

I love that screenshot! Good to see more of Cluck!

...but it's missing something...

29c9il3.jpg 

Perfect.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey, remember how everyone thought that Zeena would be the one to say "I'll get fat from eating all your black hearts"...? Well, I'm pretty sure that Amy will be saying that to the deadly six.

...why would Amy want to eat their black hearts? I bet that's something Zomom or Zeena will say rather then Amy.

Edited by sonfan1984

I'm not surprised they changed the name from "Demons" to the Deadly Six. That seriously would not have blown over well in the United States for a Sonic game. They did a similar thing for "Satan-sama" from the Puyo Puyo games. They changed his name to "Dark Prince." 

I think Deadly Six is a better name, though.

Oh... and before I forget!

We've had "Weapons of Mass Destruction", Hell used in the biblical sense, and shit even this game's rather overt reference to death and "Genocide". Yet suddenly the word demon is too harsh?.....like how does that make sense.

• Thumbs Up 4

We've had "Weapons of Mass Destruction", Hell used in the biblical sense, and shit even this game's rather overt reference to death and "Genocide". Yet suddenly the word demon is too harsh?.....like how does that make sense.

It's either 1) a "wanting to avoid religious references" thing (yes Secret Rings did it, but that was quite a while ago) or 2) video games already have a bad reputation (at least in the West) among the stereotypical "parental guardian" types, and the localizers or whoever figured that a group calling themselves Demons wouldn't help. Or both. *shrug*

EDIT: Also what Indigo said. :V Context is everything!

Edited by ElementofChaos

We're talking specifically about a group of characters that are definite "demons," not simply a reference to a location or some terminology.

We're talking specifically about a group of characters that are definite "demons," not simply a reference to a location or some terminology.

Jackie Chan Adventures gets away with it. Kung Fu Panda got away with it.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Jackie Chan Adventures gets away with it. Kung Fu Panda got away with it.

yugioh sort of gets away with the word. yet we can't reference death other than the use of the shadow realm

Ithe localizers or whoever figured that a group calling themselves Demons wouldn't help.

Quick reminder that the game is being written by American writers, so the "Six Demons" thing is a woolseyism on the Japanese dub's part.

Ah, I guess I'm not used to the English writers going first yet. XP Unless they didn't this time, do we know about that sort of thing yet?

It's wierd, the Americans came up with the writing and the Japanese came up with the characters/base story! (At least I assume considering Izukia said the deadly six are based off if Oni)

Maybe the Japanese changed it back to demons because that's what they were based off?

Edited by Jolt_TH

I'd imagine the "Six Demons" is their original name, due to the characters being designed by Sonic Team, not the English script writers. So "Deadly Six" is still the "wooleyism" name.

Finally more movement mechanics return!

Just bumping this quote since nobody answered poor ol' Pharaoh.

5ezwir.jpg

Double bump!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a pretty ballsy statement and Im afraid they're putting their foot in their mouth.

The game is already pretty divisive as it is.

Not when most seem to be on board with the gameplay, outside of graphics/art style.