Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

with games like Sonic Lost World, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Mario 3d World and Mario Kart I bet WiiU will get a lot better. 

Btw I'm only buying the first 2, and Smash only if Sonic's in it :P

You got that right bro! Man I really can't wait to get my hands on this and see if what people are saying about the controls is true. For people that have played it, would you say it controls more like a polished Adventure 1, or is Sonic as fidgety as he was in 06?

Just bumping this quote since nobody answered poor ol' Pharaoh.

5ezwir.jpg

Yes it will boost Wii U sales, but revive it? LOLNO. Sonic is not that big nowadays mate, sorry.
It's not, but why can't it be again? If SLW is a really great game and gets big critical acclaim then why couldn't it turn out to be a major system seller? Not saying its likely, just saying that its wrong to say that it can't be simply because the franchise faltered in the past.

Well, it's a little hard for me to believe Sonic will save the Wii U, but I'll have my fingers crossed. If the game oes remarkably well, then I'll have no issue in believing that it can definitely help the Wii U progress as a console.

They think that it might be their best Sonic game yet? Good, they never said that for Unleashed, Colours or Generations so it's good that they have faith in the game.

Revive the Wii U however?

lolno.jpg

It won't just be this game that revives the Wii U, it'll be the combination of games coming out for it in 2013 and 2014+Nintendo's advertising that revives it. But it's nice to see a developer who actually has faith in the Wii U and wants to help it though: better then the attitude most of the industry has toward it. 

Also vine-climbing? As long as it's reasonably fast-paced I'm down with that level gimmick. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

It won't just be this game that revives the Wii U, it'll be the combination of games coming out for it in 2013 and 2014+Nintendo's advertising that revives it.

I think you missed the

part.

Edited by Dizcrybe

Yeah... good luck with that one.

Won't revive the Wii U, it'll help it but certainly isn't going to be strong enough to turn it around. Frankly I'm expecting it to be a very dividing game when it comes out.

The division is mostly based on graphics/art direction though. Most people are on board from a gameplay perspective. 

The situation that is Lost World reminds me A LOT of how people treated Wind Waker at the time when it was getting announced and revealed. The reactions among the fans is very similar yet most of the general crowd were fond of the game.

Edited by Voyant

I don't remember ever seeing this picture of Silent Forest, is it new?

SLW_Hang_Tight%21.jpg

Well that explains how to get the red ring in Without taking damage in desert ruins

Remember this Japanese line at the end of the trailer?

ついに ... 六鬼衆の逆襲が 始る

After a lot of digging and trying to find each character, I finally managed to translate it.

At last... The Six Demons begin their counterattack.

Hmmm... does this mean that the Deadly Six are called the "Six Demons" in Japan? Interesting.

Remember this Japanese line at the end of the trailer?

After a lot of digging and trying to find each character, I finally managed to translate it.

Hmmm... does this mean that the Deadly Six are called the "Six Demons" in Japan? Interesting.

Iizuka said at SOS that they're based on Oni, and Oni Japanese for Demon. So yea, that seems reasonable.

Kinda wish they translated that for the seas, Six Demons is finitely more badass than deadly six.

Monkeybars, cool. I hope he can swing at a decent pace; I don't expect it to match running of course, but it felt a bit slow in S3&K and I don't want to sit around just holding right for too long.

SA1 also had monkeybars in Red Mountain and Sky Deck, IIRC. They were a little faster, especially since you could just jump dash to get across faster. Not sure how it's gonna work here, though. It's pretty cool that they brought them back. Really liking the look of the game so far, even though I won't be able to play the Wii U version.