Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

I'm not surprised they changed the name from "Demons" to the Deadly Six. That seriously would not have blown over well in the United States for a Sonic game. They did a similar thing for "Satan-sama" from the Puyo Puyo games. They changed his name to "Dark Prince." 

I think Deadly Six is a better name, though.

Oh... and before I forget!

In an attempt to be more useful in this forum...

89902_SilentForest_Zone1_005.jpg

And there you go.

I love that screenshot! Good to see more of Cluck!

...but it's missing something...

29c9il3.jpg 

Perfect.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'm not surprised they changed the name from "Demons" to the Deadly Six. That seriously would not have blown over well in the United States for a Sonic game. They did a similar thing for "Satan-sama" from the Puyo Puyo games. They changed his name to "Dark Prince." 

I think Deadly Six is a better name, though.

Oh... and before I forget!

We've had "Weapons of Mass Destruction", Hell used in the biblical sense, and shit even this game's rather overt reference to death and "Genocide". Yet suddenly the word demon is too harsh?.....like how does that make sense.

We've had "Weapons of Mass Destruction", Hell used in the biblical sense, and shit even this game's rather overt reference to death and "Genocide". Yet suddenly the word demon is too harsh?.....like how does that make sense.

It's either 1) a "wanting to avoid religious references" thing (yes Secret Rings did it, but that was quite a while ago) or 2) video games already have a bad reputation (at least in the West) among the stereotypical "parental guardian" types, and the localizers or whoever figured that a group calling themselves Demons wouldn't help. Or both. *shrug*

EDIT: Also what Indigo said. :V Context is everything!

Edited by ElementofChaos

We're talking specifically about a group of characters that are definite "demons," not simply a reference to a location or some terminology.

We're talking specifically about a group of characters that are definite "demons," not simply a reference to a location or some terminology.

Jackie Chan Adventures gets away with it. Kung Fu Panda got away with it.

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Ithe localizers or whoever figured that a group calling themselves Demons wouldn't help.

Quick reminder that the game is being written by American writers, so the "Six Demons" thing is a woolseyism on the Japanese dub's part.

It's wierd, the Americans came up with the writing and the Japanese came up with the characters/base story! (At least I assume considering Izukia said the deadly six are based off if Oni)

Maybe the Japanese changed it back to demons because that's what they were based off?

Edited by Jolt_TH

I'd imagine the "Six Demons" is their original name, due to the characters being designed by Sonic Team, not the English script writers. So "Deadly Six" is still the "wooleyism" name.

That's a pretty ballsy statement and Im afraid they're putting their foot in their mouth.

The game is already pretty divisive as it is.

Not when most seem to be on board with the gameplay, outside of graphics/art style.

It already is, I'm afraid.

Then why do the impressions from SoS tells us otherwise? It does not seem polarizing towards the people who have actually had hands-on with the game thus far. Not that things are perfect of course.

Tbh i don't think Sega's out of line to claim that LW could be the best (or one of), since it shows how dedicated they are into making the game enjoyable. And so far i LIKE what i'm seeing with it, but like the user above just said, we'll be the judge of that. :3

Edited by Narukami07

I saw Gamexplain latest analysis video on sonic lost world, at one part he mentions that the reason that Zeena, Zik, and Zor were dark and were at the back. He said something about them being related to the chaos emeralds each of them had the same color as each emerald except for grey. He was guessing that those three were dark because they need a chaos emerald to restore their power.

But I think its obvious the game dont want you to find out who those guys are that are at the back.

My theory stills goes to them being related to the wisp.

Edit: I just realized something in the cut scene

Not sure if someone pointed this out already but it seems their are more badniks behind the deadly six.

Look at my signature and you'll see bullets flying across the screen. but they are pretty far back since we can't see them.

Edited by jordine

Well, looking at it from a storytelling point of view...

Assuming that Desert Ruins is the second world you go to in game, that would mean that you've already fought Zazz (Pink guy), and Zomom (Who appears in the Color Power trailer in the desert area). In other words, they're upfront because you've already fought and beaten them (more or less). Zavok is the ringleader, so of course he's front and center.

But you haven't faced the other three, so the cutscene keeps them (literally) in the dark until you're properly introduced to them later in the game. Pretty simple, I think. Of course, shadows don't quite work like that, and we already know what they look like, but there you go. 

Edited by edvedd

I kinda hope they don't take long to introduce all of them. It seems wind hill gets two introductory Zavok and Zazz and other worlds gets one which I hope that doesn't happen. 

Edit: Some people have mention that Japanese dialog is different to English dialog and although the translation may be right but in sonic's line his dialog seems too long.

When watching this video at the part that sonic talks, I find myself reading too slow before tails start talking.

and also......Poor tails. And Eggman

Edited by jordine

With regards to this shot, I'm convinced you'll be able to parkour up the sides (I'm pretty sure I've said this before)

7NjBB6Y.jpg

There are deliberate gaps in the brown railings here.  The question is though, where could running up these walls lead.  There are 2 or 3 points in the level where it's like this as well.  Aaron Webber in the cam footage of Frozen Factory said there was one of these that would could take you to another pinball section if you climb up a set of poker chips: http://youtu.be/RyXcVKeV9IA?t=2m33s

With regards to this shot, I'm convinced you'll be able to parkour up the sides (I'm pretty sure I've said this before)

7NjBB6Y.jpg

There are deliberate gaps in the brown railings here.  The question is though, where could running up these walls lead.  There are 2 or 3 points in the level where it's like this as well.  Aaron Webber in the cam footage of Frozen Factory said there was one of these that would could take you to another pinball section if you climb up a set of poker chips: http://youtu.be/RyXcVKeV9IA?t=2m33s

Maybe going to different pinball sections will take you to a different route?