Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I think I'll probably get a Wii U for this.

Wow.. I saw SEGA going to reveal something during a console event, didn't think it was going to be Nintendo though. Makes sense I suppose.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

I... I'm lost. 

This basically means I'm gonna have to get Nintendo consoles from now on, he said it's a partnership, they usually last a few years. I... I... 

DAMN MAN. I WANNA BE HYPED BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE A TABLET I HATE THOSE ARGH.

I... I... I. Argh. 

Have you ever used a DS? the Wii U, for all the postering is basically like playing that. It doesn't feel like a tablet at all.

I like the look of the teaser. Reserving judgement till we get an ingame trailer though. 

Why? Because Sonic has just found a new home. A home with his most reliable group of fans and the company with which he best fits in. I can see Sonic games getting a huge bump in quality and budget as part of this deal with SEGA and Nintendo.

Say what you will. I'm happy with this development.

I don't see how this game makes the Wii U Sonic's home any more than Colors made the Wii Sonic's "new home." There's the whole Iwata saying it's a Ninty/SEGA partnership, but it's one game, and it's far too early to speculate anything of that extent. 

/wetblanket

Nintendo Exclusive

I said this months and months ago and was met with a lot of disagreement. But honestly, I still stand by it being a good thing (so long as Nintendo can improve the U's installbase). Why? Because Sonic has just found a new home. A home with his most reliable group of fans and the company with which he best fits in. I can see Sonic games getting a huge bump in quality and budget as part of this deal with SEGA and Nintendo.

Say what you will. I'm happy with this development.

That's great, but I guess that means I won't be playing any Sonic games for a while.

It does feel a little weird given the background of the "console wars" but surely a Nintendo-Sega partnership has roots all the way back in Sonic Adventure 2 being ported to the GameCube? It's nothing new, right?

Still I am a little disappointed, seeing as I've been playing back through the Sonic catalogue due to them being multi-platform.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's great, but I guess that means I won't be playing any Sonic games for a while.

Which is utterly pants and hugely annoying. So yeah, it's just like CD and S4E2 coming to Wii, Colours not coming to 360/PS3 or Sonic 1 not coming to anything but mobile. But for the series as a whole I think this is such a good thing. Like this will get Sonic back on track.

So many people are going to feel alienated by this and it's only right that they do. Risky move, but I think it's a good one on the whole.

Edited by Blue Blood

It does feel a little weird given the background of the "console wars" but surely a Nintendo-Sega partnership has roots all the way back in Sonic Adventure 2 being ported to the GameCube? It's nothing new, right?

No, Nintendo's running a program in which programmers and other people from Nintendo help other companies develop games. SEGA is just one of these, and this will be the first Sonic product by both SEGA -and- Nintendo working together.

However you look at this, it's going to be a big landmark in the Sonic series.

• Thumbs Up 2

.....Ya know, I predicted this yesterday......Now I have to get a Wii U.....Fuck this gay earth.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which is utterly pants and hugely annoying. So yeah, it's just like CD and S4E2 coming to Wii, Colours not coming to 360/PS3 or Sonic 1 not coming to anything but mobile. But for the series as a whole I think this is such a good thing. Like this will get Sonic back on track.

Maybe, but maybe it will homogenize Sonic with Nintendo properties. 

Also, is this game a joint publication between SEGA and Nintendo with joint development resources, or is it just Nintendo paying some cash for exclusivity.

..Holy shit I hadn't thought of that.

The stage themes do seem consistent with the removed stages of old games.

eeeeeh the only people that would get, or understand that would be hardcore sonic fans tho.

I guess it would still work even if you didn't know about which levels got cut, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I supported your fucking games on my Genesis, on my Dreamcast, on my PS2 and now on my PS3. And now you're gonna kick me in the balls by slowly turning Sonic into a Nintendo IP. Well, thanks, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok so NDirect is over and I'm gonna offer some more thoughts.

First of all, I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that this is a long-term exclusive partnership? It could just be PR stuff, Iwata using big fancy words to say "this one is exclusive". It doesn't mean no others will be coming to other systems I think.

Second of all, bizarre idea, but Sonic has always sold best on Nintendo systems and he feels at home with that demographic of games, alongside Mario. It feels both "wrong" and "right" to have them sitting on store shelves, backing the same system exclusively, but such a partnership isn't anything new either, Sonic Colours and much of the GC era was the same way.

A SEGA and Nintendo partnership isn't weird, but a SEGA and Wii U partnership? That is weird. The Wii U doesn't yet have the market presence to get this Sonic huge sales, whereas a simple PS3 or 360 version could really give the game a lot more sales. Then again, Sonic games never sold fantastically on either compared to Nintendo sales of Sonic games (look at Generations sales afterall).

Thirdly, I'm hyped but I honestly have no idea what it's about, the blocky nature of the planet makes me think "puzzle game", or a whole game themed like the Colours GameWorld which I really hope it's not..! It does give a Sonic CD and Mario Galaxy vibe, but I don't know what to expect.

I just hope it's good.

• Thumbs Up 5

Bigger pic

2.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

I supported your fucking games on my Genesis, on my Dreamcast, on my PS2 and now on my PS3. And now you're gonna kick me in the balls by slowly turning Sonic into a Nintendo IP. Well, thanks, SEGA.

What's stopping you from getting a Wii U other than sports team style fan allegiance ?

• Thumbs Up 8

I was planning on buying a Wii U sometime down the line. Like, waaaaay down the line (I was thinking maybe two years from now). But I might pick this up a tad bit early if this game turns out to be incredible.

Not good, not bad, and certainly not decent. It's going to have to be one hell of a game to justify getting a Wii U early.

From what i get from the image and what i can theorize is that we have levels of Ice, Rock, Lava, Green, Water, Desert, one portion looks to be with Dark Green...Forest maybe? Sky? and it seems like we'll might use the tornado to move around.

Tails is there of course...very promising level wise if my/our guess is correct

Edited by frokenok3

I only have a 3DS. Hoping that version is good.

They'll most likely outsource it to Dimps again.

Bigger pic

Alright, time to point out level tropes;

I see Ice level, Desert level, Lava Level, and green hill level.

I'm really looking forward to this! I'm one of those who also likes the idea of seeing more Sonic games on Nintendo consoles, just because it's so fitting for that franchise. And if Nintendo is helping SEGA, then great! Now I feel that buying the £200 Premium Wii U bundle was not a waste of money after all. As for the 3DS version...if it's developed by bloody Dimps again I'mma gonna skip it.

Actually, I was expecting a lot more rage towards this surprising announcement akin to Bayonetta 2. O.O