Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Hey everyone, here's the new gameplay montage from Sonic Boom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpAVXKJ2r4&feature=youtu.be

Now that I've refreshed my memory...............

REALLY love the look of the underwater tube level. For some reason it reminds me of some Holaska concept art. I just hope it's not all grinding though. 

Factory 2d rail level looks cool, seems kinda like DKC's minecart levels and as long as it's well designed I'm cool with grinding being used in this way. 

All in all, good trailer. This plus the cutscene just adds to my LW hype and almost makes me forget the problems I have with the gameplay............

• Thumbs Up 1

That Rail Level looks potentally rage inducing like something out of Donkey Kong, very nice.

Also, I noticed the Factory level actually goes into the Water tube as well so both of those are in the same level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQO9AEmaco

Oh my god why.... just why? Really? WHY?!

What if they played "Twerk"? I think we all would've been dead by now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god why.... just why? Really? WHY?!

Enlighten us: why not?

I'm seriously cracking up over the music choices. That first song, among a ton of kids in the audience, I just can't.

I think it's good that they're giving Sonic some quirks and showing his flaws more. Perfect heroes can get boring. As long as they don't shove in a bunch of lame jokes that dominate the story, I think I'll be fine. I kinda like how they're making Sonic more of a smart ass like Spider-Man, as I've always imagined him as a mix between Goku, Luffy and Spider-Man. Pretty cool stuff.

Guess he didn't learn his lesson from Unleashed.

Old Habits Die Hard starring Bruce Willis Sonic the Hedgehog.

Edited by Tomoki

Ok people, let's take off the hype glasses. This has potential for an interesting character arc if they actually bother to develop it, which they may not do. A similar situation occurred in Unleashed and nobody ever acknowledged it. So let's keep an open mind and not get so caught up. 

Ok people, let's take off the hype glasses. This has potential for an interesting character arc if they actually bother to develop it, which they may not do. A similar situation occurred in Unleashed and nobody ever acknowledged it. So let's keep an open mind and not get so caught up. 

Even if they don't show Sonic developing from this, I'll still be satisfied because at least they showed Sonic having flaws, even if he did not change from there. 

Of course I'd love them doing a character arc but you know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, these are different writers. They've tried to create some connections between the last two main games to make a somewhat consistant timeline. Who knows, they could follow through with some character development as well. I would welcome that with open arms.

Cutscene was great: glad that the English writers didn't shit on it. I also liked how this whole thing was caused by Sonic rushing in and kicking the seemingly evil device away from Eggman, plays well into one of Sonic's character flaws (rushing in without thinking). I also like how they gave a reason for Tails to be behind cover: it's because they were both hiding and snooping on Eggman. There was humor but it didn't seem cringeworthy or random, it was actually CONTEXTUAL humor that made sense based on the scene. All in all, great scene and I hope the rest of the story follows up with this level of quality in all aspects (hint: I'm not asking for every scene to be like this).

THIS. Just.....THIS. <33333

I like how this is yet another time Sonic's screwed up while gloating and referring to Eggman's stuff as toys.

• Thumbs Up 9

http://youtu.be/CdMbX2MKZ0g

Here you go.

Wo-HOW, Nice Job Breaking It, Sonic.

Now, I dare you to tell me the writing sucks here. Okay, I'm still not a fan of Cubot's stupid voice chip thing, but everything else was awesome, and it's really neat and unexpected to see Sonic get his comeuppance for once. And the voice acting is great on all fronts, though I do think Roger sounded a bit too nasally at some points. But that's just a nitpick.

I think it goes without saying at this point that they are putting more effort into the story, and from the looks of things, the result is going to be beautiful.

That gameplay trailer was super neat, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it was Eggman that gave Zomom his big sandwich then.

Oh good to know that mysterious sandwich was really bugging me.