Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Time for some wild guessing:

Eggman's first line in that scene was "I honed your abilities".

Wonder what that means in context. Does this mean that the Zetis here - or maybe the Zeti species in general - have power so great that they can't control it? Power to bend the environments of Lost Hex at their pleasure?

If so, maybe that's the reason why Desert Ruins and Frozen Factory have level tropes that have little to know business being there, while Windy Hill has been as of now unaffected by weird areas. The Zeti are relishing in the jubilation of freedom so much - freedom they gained in the Desert Ruins level - that they're just letting the place warp into their personal playgrounds and they just don't care.

That would bring the various level tropes in proper context. Please let me be accurate.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh good to know that mysterious sandwich was really bugging me.

I particularly love the shamed expression Zomom gives Eggman the second he brings it up.

• Thumbs Up 7

I like what Mike Pollock has done with Eggman's voice, it sounds more darker and menacing in tone at some points. I've always preferred it when Eggman acts like this as opposed to the complete wackiness he's had in the past few games.

And just what was with that horn? How did Eggman come upon it? By stealing it?

I also love how it's pretty much a dog whistle to the Zeti.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like what Mike Pollock has done with Eggman's voice, it sounds more darker and menacing in tone at some points. I've always preferred it when Eggman acts like this as opposed to the complete wackiness he's had in the past few games.

And just what was with that horn? How did Eggman come upon it? By stealing it?

I also love how it's pretty much a dog whistle to the Zeti.

The horn is the Magical Conch he stole from Spongebob. I swear they both look the same.

• Thumbs Up 6

Let me just say that I like how Zavok was just defiantly standing there when Eggman was ranting over their failure to stop Sonic. It's like, "I dare you to try something, fat man..."

• Thumbs Up 2

BTW, this conch shell. It looks like a Frenzy Wisp. Maybe the wisp's powers are the Zeti's weakness?

You mean it shares the similar color of a Frenzy Wisp right?

It'd be funny when knuckles comes along and sees sonic working with Eggman

I'd imagine him saying "So It's okay for you to work with eggman?"

Imagine they fought too! 

The tables has been turned.

About the plot, I have this feeling that when Sonic and Eggman both find the conch shell, he is going to use it to kill sonic. who agrees?

Edited by jordine

Ya know, the Deadly Six suddenly don't seem very bad when you consider that they only want revenge for their mistreatment, which is entirely justified.

• Thumbs Up 2

It'd be funny when knuckles comes along and sees sonic working with Eggman

I'd imagine him saying "So It's okay for you to work with eggman?"

Imagine they fought too! 

The tables has been turned.

About the plot, I have this feeling that when Sonic and Eggman both find the conch shell, he is going to use it to kill sonic. who agrees?

More like he'll use it to force the Zeti into powering up some convenient super robot, and then try to kill Sonic. 

I liked what I saw from the cutscene and trailer, and I like the underwater level with those coral. I can't wait to see more of that stage!

Let me just say that I like how Zavok was just defiantly standing there when Eggman was ranting over their failure to stop Sonic. It's like, "I dare you to try something, fat man..."

LOL That's a good one!

Ya know, the Deadly Six suddenly don't seem very bad when you consider that they only want revenge for their mistreatment, which is entirely justified.

Then later reveal that the Deadly Six are a group of slavers who have been taking over Planet Hex from the local wisps for it's supply of energy because they are greedy bastards. They also have a habit of terraforming locations they intend to conquer to match their personal preferences regardless of the consequences to the natural life.

Well, they're probably still going to be up to something evil if Sonic keeps fighting them. Otherwise he'd probably just leave Lost Hex, right? Unless...Eggman convinces Sonic to stop them? Hmmm.

Well, someone from Sega Forums played the game at Sonic Boom and said something about a new Wisp. Here is what he said:

OH MAN I forgot to mention that in the Frozen Factory 3ds level, there is a new wisp power that changes sonic into a white/golden lightning bolt form which allows the player to attach themselves to floating electrical conduits and also attack enemies with a lightning styled attack. It felt a little like the lightning shield power up from S3&K.

EDIT: I realize someone already said this on another topic, but posting it on this topic can't be bad.

Edited by Flamerstreak
  • Thumbs Up 5

Welp, something always goes wrong for Eggman when he tries to control some crazy god-like being, but in this case, Sonic kinda aided with that, through unintentional.

Anyone else hungry for a Sandwich cause I am, mainly a Sub.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, they're probably still going to be up to something evil if Sonic keeps fighting them. Otherwise he'd probably just leave Lost Hex, right? Unless...Eggman convinces Sonic to stop them? Hmmm.

Sonic kinda has no choice, he's the one who caused this entire mess so he's gotta be the one to clean it up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Decided to GIF the gameplay footage for those that are interested. Left out Windy Hill and Desert Ruins, we've seen them enough anyways. (Again, footage has a bit of stutter)

xkd.gif

cmh.gif

wgr.gif

wqx.gif

q87.gif

qqv.gif

olp.gif

t3q.gif

And with that, I bid you goodnight, SSMB. *collapses from exhaustion*

• Thumbs Up 8

In the 2.5d grinding section Sonic looks very fast as he hops from rail to rail. In Unleashed these levels (for me) were a nightmare due to the speed and slippery nature of the controls. We keep hearing that the controls for Lost World are extremely tight. If this is the case then those rail grinding sections should be a fun and painless experience. If Sonic Team have got this right, then LW is well on it's way to becoming very good game indeed. Fingers crossed.

I like the sparks coming from Sonic's sneakers when he grinds.

I have already made up my mind. I want to get a Wii U console so that I can play SLW (as well as Colours). I am extremely impressed with what I have seen so far.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine
  • Thumbs Up 2

So..

I liked the cutscene (apart from the art direction of course xD). I especially liked Eggman's voice which didn't sound as awful and pathetic as in Generations. Tails is still a whimp though, I dunno what Aaron Webber meant by "there's a reason he's hiding". He could definitely stand up and fight back instead of being a pussy.

The new level(s) shown looks....Not that bad, actually! It's too early to judge it cause the footage is really short and the quality of the video is quite bad but still.

The thing that worries me is that they keep reusing the same CG clips from the very first trailer..Reminds me of Generations which...didn't have any CG cutscenes in the game (not counting the clock). I really love CG scenes in my Sonic games and I really hope there's at least an opening, insert and ending CG scenes. If there are none, I'll be really disappointed.

Character moments in that cutscene, "That was a mistake, zazz yawning over eggman's speech, zomom looking guilty after eggman talks about the sandwich, The deadly six broken free from enslavement, calls zazz and zomom his brothers, tails's snarky comment at the end "Duh ya think", The conch blasting off again that's all I've got...