Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I love how the entire plot is Sonic's fault.

Exactly my sentiments..Terminal Velocity Eggman's announcement. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! I repeat, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Seems to be very appropriate here...

• Thumbs Up 1

You know how we were discussing about the red ring in that desert area and if Sonic could hang from the grassy roof? Well, look at this old screen.

89901_SilentForest_Zone2_005-1024x576.jp

Notice something? Sonic is holding onto the roof and going across!

You know what after looking at what I assume to be "Frozen Factory" due to the ice and I can see coral, so we are underwater. So TECHNICALLY we have an underwater level in full 3D.

Sonic Team: your move SSMB

I see what you did there Sonic Team.

So..

I liked the cutscene (apart from the art direction of course xD). I especially liked Eggman's voice which didn't sound as awful and pathetic as in Generations. Tails is still a whimp though, I dunno what Aaron Webber meant by "there's a reason he's hiding". He could definitely stand up and fight back instead of being a pussy.

The new level(s) shown looks....Not that bad, actually! It's too early to judge it cause the footage is really short and the quality of the video is quite bad but still.

The thing that worries me is that they keep reusing the same CG clips from the very first trailer..Reminds me of Generations which...didn't have any CG cutscenes in the game (not counting the clock). I really love CG scenes in my Sonic games and I really hope there's at least an opening, insert and ending CG scenes. If there are none, I'll be really disappointed.

Why would Tails needlessly jump out into danger when that would solve nothing? In fact, he was the much more calm and cautious one compared to Sonic. Sonic's impulsiveness itself is the exact reason the entire bombardment happened, so what would Tails be going out there to fight for? Fun?

"I should've listened to you, Tails!" Is the exact thing Sonic said but didn't do, Tails had plenty of justified reasons not to go out there.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 8

Why would Tails needlessly jump out into danger when that would solve nothing? In fact, he was the much more calm and cautious one compared to Sonic. Sonic's impulsiveness itself is the exact reason the entire bombardment happened, so what would Tails be going out there to fight for? Fun?

"I should've listened to you, Tails!" Is the exact thing Sonic said but didn't do, Tails had plenty of justified reasons not to go out there.

The problem is that Tails got hit ONCE and just couldn't do anything anymore and Sonic literally GRABBED him like a baggage. Tails is quite fast himself and he can fly so why not run ALONGSIDE Sonic instead of being grabbed like a useless thing?

They degraded almost everyone, that is a FACT. Watch SA intro or Heroes or play classic/advance/rush games/any other. Characters could do much, much more than just being there and cheering Sonic up or giving him advice. That's all Tails did in that cutscene, by the way.

Tails was hit by a freakin' LASER!  He is obviously injured and not feeling well at all, noone would be capable to run fast in such a state. What has feeling really dizzy to do with being a pussy?

Tails was hit by a freakin' LASER!  He is obviously injured and not feeling well at all, noone would be capable to run fast in such a state. What has feeling really dizzy to do with being a pussy?

Imagine Sonic getting hit by the same damn thing.

Yes, that would not make him useless by any means. Tails is weaker than Sonic, but not THAT weak.

Tails and the rest of the cast aren't doing anything since Unleashed. Do you really think this game is any different especially since it's again Sonic-only bs?

Edited by ArtFenix

"Degraded" is a subjective concept; You can't base facts on subjective opinions.

It IS a fact. No one except for Sonic is actually doing anything anymore. Or am I not right again, m-m? Sorry, but I can't prove it any better because looking at old games and new games is all the proof you need. Almost no one even appears in games and even those who do (classic characters only, basically) barely do anything.

This wasn't a fight Sonic, Tails, or Eggman could win.

I'm not claiming they could. But Tails could at least run on his own instead of being a useless baggage. Please read my previous posts again since I said everything on the subject there.

06, Unleashed and Gens gave much more dangerous shots than in this cutscene.

I'm not sure if we should continue this as we seem to have different views on what Tails could/should do. You are fine with how he was shown in the cutscene while I think he could do something more than just giving an advice and being grabbed by Sonic.

Edited by ArtFenix

*Watches the cutscene* It's good to know that Dr. Eggman still retains his inhuman running speed. Also, the writing in that cutscene was pretty good. Kind of reminded me of the type of banter you'd see in a comic book.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm not sure if we should continue this as we seem to have different views on what Tails could/should do. You are fine with how he was shown in the cutscene while I think he could do something more than just giving an advice and being grabbed by Sonic.

Tails didn't even finish giving advice before Sonic rushed in without thinking and caused the mess in the first place.  What the hell was Tails suppose to do? Follow Sonic and screw up as well? Because I think waiting and giving advice was something far more important.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 9

Doesn't this mess up remind you of rayman 3 with freeing andre caused by rayman's hands scaring a red lum into a black lum creating this mishap just like sonic knocking the conch away resulting in the tables have turned

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Ok, writing wise, except the jokes about Cubot's voice chip and the giant sandwich, I liked it. Never thought I would say it. I'm still not getting my hopes up, but this game has Tails snarking back at Sonic, so that's good. And old Miles not attacking the robots is  justified, at least. I feared they would pull out a Sonic Unleashed on him.

.....No, I'm not going to say for the nth time that I want him playable. It should be obvious by now.

Edited by Duck Avenger

Poof

Edit: Oh. Someone has it up already. Oh well, Can't argue with another one further ahead

Edited by kimplix

Ok, writing wise, except the jokes about Cubot's voice chip and the giant sandwich, I liked it.

I actually kind of liked that bit, and not just as a quick joke. It's small, but it shows that Eggman's willing to give his minions some bare minimum of comfort or reward to make them more compliant, rather than only using brute force and intimidation (This is true of hostages as well, as he gave Professor Pickle tea and sandwiches in Unleashed). It's an aspect of Eggman I like, as it's a little more complex and thought-out than the bare-bones "Do what I say or else!" approach.

• Thumbs Up 7

OH MAN. I remember I said this game just sends out every damn Unleashed vibe I could get from the first picture we ever saw.

Lo and behold, the cutscene gives off even more. 

Oh boy, I'm gonna love this game more than anyone on the world.

This is all so awesome.

And the water level looks like Aquarium Park, except not China/Japan Underwater. Awesome stuff everywhere.

And the GIFs are awesome.

And...and... oh my, I'm so filled with excitement that I have to contain for 2 years to play this game but it will pay off and..

I hope they keep the parkour.

Oh and... it's sad because I just have a feeling 10 years down the road, people will bash this game and very few people will stand up for it (I'll prolly be one of the defensive people). *looks at Sonic Heroes*

I wanna say, I think the Deadly Six are the first non-Eggman enemies we've had in a very long time that aren't just generic masses of concentrated evil darkness. They have personality, and even though Eggman's still my number-one favorite bad guy, these guys (unlike Black Doom, Mephiles, Dark Gaia, and so many others) don't make me totally cringe; They look like they'll be well-written and interesting as characters, and not just looming evil plot devices. 

I'm really looking forward to what they're going to do in this game.

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay, this level was the surprise treat of the evening for me. Firstly the level is MASSIVE. It starts with a snowboarding sequence straight out of sonic 3 but in full 3d! There are puzzles that involve pushing giant snowballs on switches and using them to block jets of ice that would freeze sonic if he touched them. Where the level really shined was a sequence where while running quickly through a giant half-pipe like structure, sonic had to navigate through these giant metal gears that would roll across the stage. It was always extremely rewarding to jump through the center of these gears, not losing a bit of momentum and snagging the 5ring reward that was usually floating in the center. This stage also saw the return of the cute penguin enemy from sonic 3.
Penguinator confirmed.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Penguinator confirmed.

Looks like Sega is trying to make up for Ice Cap zone not appearing in Generations.

http://youtu.be/CdMbX2MKZ0g

Here you go.

Surely I'm not the only one impressed by Sonic's kick there? He knocked that conch of the park!

sonike2.png

That Nike Vapor shoe promotion he did last year served him quite well!

• Thumbs Up 6

That sounds awesome, snowboarding on a mountain in 3D, Sonic Adventure's Icecap, Penguinator, Sonic 3, giant Snowballs on switches, Sonic 4 episode 2...

Sounds like they're throwing all f the Ice Cap throwbacks they can in there. I can't wait to see it, I bet it's incredible.

Remember when the first piece of art was revealed and we were worried Lost World was going to be a bunch of generic Mario-style environments?

• Thumbs Up 9

Hoo... That trailer.

You know what, I'll watch it again.

The levels are looking so good and that cutscene was nigh upon perfect.

However, the criticisms, I can mostly understand. Except where ArtFenix is concerned, as I cannot see where and what he is getting at, as others here have pointed out.

But still, good haul of Lost World from Boom, and now to get that WiiU.