Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Remember what Iizuka said, about characters might come back but in a different personality?

I don't. When'd he say that?

Still not sold on the gameplay/level design. Though the story looks solid though.

And Artfenix, Tails wasn't being useless baggage. What happens when Sonic gets hit by a laser? He loses his rings and is temporarily stunned. Same thing with Tails, except Sonic was on-hand to rescue him. Really quite simple.

I wouldn't mind having a Knuckles that isn't a total moron. I was never a big fan of his characterisation in the 3D games at all, and while it's too late to change that completely, making him more competent would really be appreciated (And they're already doing this with Eggman, so who's to say they won't do it with Knuckles as well?)

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't. When'd he say that?

"-Host asks about reviving any of the forgotten characters, Iizuka says that they are busy working on the revival of the IP, outright states they'd be renewed (as in treated as new characters without prior history) and not just transitioned back as if. No plans to bring them back at the moment. Iizuka himself seems to mention the Chaotix (as an example?), although the translator didn't."

Summer of Sonic interview - taken from the Summer of Sonic 2013 SSMB board [p27].

That depends on what he considers to be forgotten characters. It would a bit odd to refer to any character that appeared in the last game as 'forgotten' wouldn't it? That quote might refer to the likes of Fang, Mighty, etc, who of course they have no plans for, but if they did bring back would obviously renew ala Chaotix.

Edited by Pawn

Still not sold on the gameplay/level design. Though the story looks solid though.

And Artfenix, Tails wasn't being useless baggage. What happens when Sonic gets hit by a laser? He loses his rings and is temporarily stunned. Same thing with Tails, except Sonic was on-hand to rescue him. Really quite simple.

OK). I'll leave it alone but I still don't believe Tails will be of much more use than in Colors or Generations. I dare the game to prove me wrong though)).

"-Host asks about reviving any of the forgotten characters, Iizuka says that they are busy working on the revival of the IP, outright states they'd be renewed (as in treated as new characters without prior history) and not just transitioned back as if. No plans to bring them back at the moment. Iizuka himself seems to mention the Chaotix (as an example?), although the translator didn't."

Summer of Sonic interview - taken from the Summer of Sonic 2013 SSMB board [p27].

He was referring to characters like Mighty and and Fang, not the whole cast.

Edited by Amomynous

OK). I'll leave it alone but I still don't believe Tails will be of much more use than in Colors or Generations. I dare the game to prove me wrong though)).

The fact that Tails can create devices to aid Sonic in game makes him more useful than then he was in those previous games.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind having a Knuckles that isn't a total moron. I was never a big fan of his characterisation in the 3D games at all, and while it's too late to change that completely, making him more competent would really be appreciated (And they're already doing this with Eggman, so who's to say they won't do it with Knuckles as well?)

Yeah I'd like that. I always like how he was in heroes, they didn't play him off as an idiot in that game. It would be refreshing to see knuckles more competent and a active member of the team again.

The fact that Tails can create devices to aid Sonic in game makes him more useful than then he was in those previous games.

I want him to help by acting, not by creating new scrap metal. See, in adventure games, heroes etc. he not only created stuff but helped by fighting alongside. I want that Tails back, not nerdy weak Tails who only creates stuff for Sonic to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

I want him to help by acting, not by creating new scrap metal. See, in adventure games, heroes etc. he not only created stuff but helped by fighting alongside. I want that Tails back, not nerdy weak Tails who only creates stuff for Sonic to use.

Technically speaking, Tails only fought in Adventure when he had no other option(I.e. when Sonic wasn't around), otherwise he mostly just built stuff and let Sonic handle most the fighting....well, if you're in Sonic's story anyway.

Except for fighting Chaos 4, where he, Sonic, and Knuckles were taking shots at him.

Technically speaking, Tails only fought in Adventure when he had no other option(I.e. when Sonic wasn't around), otherwise he mostly just built stuff and let Sonic handle most the fighting....well, if you're in Sonic's story anyway.

Well, he got a great character development by doing that. He ended up racing Eggman himself and even fighting the Egg Walker!

You might be wondering what modern Tails is doing in the similar situations?

Right. He's hiding behind rocks, scared. And don't even tell me he was surrounded or the monsters were too scary etc. Not scarrier than Chaos or Egg Walker or Mecha Sonic and sure not any more dangerous.

Well, he got a great character development by doing that. He ended up racing Eggman himself and even fighting the Egg Walker!

Right. He's hiding behind rocks, scared. And don't even tell me he was surrounded or the monsters were too scary etc. Not scarrier than Chaos or Egg Walker or Mecha Sonic and sure not any more dangerous.

I'm not saying that scene isn't stupid, just that Tails wasn't really as action orientated as you seem to be making him to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then again these are nightmares that are dark gaia's fragments we are looking at they are the manifestation of emotions and nightmares so of course tails would be scared heck anyone would be scared they possessed people, caused mischief and look downright malicious, half the creatures I could take seriously (Titan, Big Mother, Nightmare, Elemental Masters, Eels, Phoenix, Moray, Perfect Dark Gaia) the other half I laughed at (Little Rex, fright, Killer Flower/Bee, Guardian)

I'm not saying that scene isn't stupid, just that Tails wasn't really as action orientated as you seem to be making him to be.

Certainly more action oriented than now. No argument here, I hope?

As for the monsters being darkscaryterribleetc. I knew you'd say that. I will just say that in Sonic 06 Tails was fighting THE actual demons. Fire demons. Hordes of them.

And he fought a hell lot of robots in all kinds of games before.

I wonder what is more terrifying: a demon-like being which is just evil or a soulless robot made of living animals and programmed to kill.

Edited by ArtFenix

Certainly more action oriented than now. No argument here, I hope?

As for the monsters being darkscaryterribleetc. I knew you'd say that. I will just say that in Sonic 06 Tails was fighting THE actual demons. Fire demons. Hordes of them.

He only fought them in the epilogue stage End of the world but that wasn't really a stage just a clusterfuck of stages in one stage and where about did he fight them?

Yes, and in 06, Tails was also slow as molasses and could only attack by throwing dummy ring bombs at people.

Besides, the only time he's actively fighting hoards of demons, as DarkShadowMaster said, is in the endgame, where Sonic's life is at stake. (and in said game, he doesn't even shed a tear at Sonic's death.)

tl;dr, probably not a good idea to cite Sonic 06 for ANYTHING positive.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

He only fought them in the epilogue stage End of the world but that wasn't really a stage just a clusterfuck of stages in one stage and where about did he fight them?

He fought them. That is a fact. It doesn't matter what level it was and it sure doesn't matter if the level was a clusterfuck or not. Guys. We're talking lore here, not game design/graphics/gameplay.

Edited by ArtFenix

And he fought a hell lot of robots in all kinds of games before.

I wonder what is more terrifying: a demon-like being which is just evil or a soulless robot made of living animals and programmed to kill.

The demonic beings composed of negative emotions that can amplify such emotions in people with less than sterling willpower.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, and in 06, Tails was also slow as molasses and could only attack by throwing dummy ring bombs at people.

What a pathetic attack just like rouges projectiles seemed forced at least in SA you could kill robots with your tail combo, Heroes with the thunder shoot but why didn't they bring this mechanic into Sonic 06 in the first place it would have made it a lot more bearable

Maybe the one that is literally darkness personified, and not the robot ladybug.
  • Thumbs Up 5