Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

I notice some Japanese male names that tend to end in A at times and vice versa with some girl names ending in O at times too.

...I'm not making this any better am I?

Edited by Inferno

So we went from story/art style debate to discussing if a certain character is a male or female?

what

You're breaking the 4th wall.

But yeah I don't know how we came to this, and so srsly at that. Pretty obvious that Zeena's not a bro compared to the other 5.

But that be cool tho if Zenna was transgender, it be adding diversity and breaking the boundaries of what we normaly get in sonic game. Though I don't think a lot fans would be happy if Zenna was transgender...

Edited by Da Victoes

back to topic, do you think Lost World is a tribute to Sonic CD?

There are many similarities as the same Badniks or the comparison between little planet with lost Hex .

I wouldn't call it a tribute. If anything, I say it's just Sega reviving Sonic X Treme.

The real twist is that Zeena's the only one comfortable with her sexual identity.

Zavok and the other guys are secretly girls trying to put up a manly facade.

Lol Those are some really manly women XD

Zeena is a female character. Period! 

If can compare this with Detective Conan and the Detective Boys. There are 2 girls in the group and they still call them self "boys". There are way more thinks like this, but this was the first thing that came in my mind. 

You are really over analyzing this. lol tongue.png

Remember what Iizuka said, about characters might come back but in a different personality?

What if they already started?

Think about this. Unleashed gave us Sonic and Eggman, the classic battle, but with Sonic as Super Sonic. That scene told us a lot about their character, and while it seems to be going off the established characters of old, there did seem to be more to those characters in detail. Then Tails was introduced as the technical mind, more so than any of the other games he's starred in. Amy was the same as usual, but less like her full-out flirting self.

With Colours, we get the interaction of Sonic and Tails and their brotherly attitude to each other. Again, there was a side to Sonic more fleshed out [the cockiness] than in any other game.

Generations had no character development at all, as, taking this reboot of character to mind, all characters except those introduced would come back in different forms.

And now we have Lost World - again emphasising both Sonic's cockiness and willingness to act before thinking, Tails' technical mind and genius tactician, and both of their brotherly attitudes to each other. Eggman also seems to have become slightly different since Unleashed. He's got himself two robotic comrades, and, as much as it seems he doesn't, he seems to have affection for them he doesn't have for his other robots. And this affection also seems to carry to prisoners. If less so. And, if Knuckles really is in this game, he might have a slight change as well.

Again, this might be me over-thinking from just that quote, but it does seem like it.

Still not sold on the gameplay/level design. Though the story looks solid though.

And Artfenix, Tails wasn't being useless baggage. What happens when Sonic gets hit by a laser? He loses his rings and is temporarily stunned. Same thing with Tails, except Sonic was on-hand to rescue him. Really quite simple.

I wouldn't mind having a Knuckles that isn't a total moron. I was never a big fan of his characterisation in the 3D games at all, and while it's too late to change that completely, making him more competent would really be appreciated (And they're already doing this with Eggman, so who's to say they won't do it with Knuckles as well?)

I don't. When'd he say that?

"-Host asks about reviving any of the forgotten characters, Iizuka says that they are busy working on the revival of the IP, outright states they'd be renewed (as in treated as new characters without prior history) and not just transitioned back as if. No plans to bring them back at the moment. Iizuka himself seems to mention the Chaotix (as an example?), although the translator didn't."

Summer of Sonic interview - taken from the Summer of Sonic 2013 SSMB board [p27].

That depends on what he considers to be forgotten characters. It would a bit odd to refer to any character that appeared in the last game as 'forgotten' wouldn't it? That quote might refer to the likes of Fang, Mighty, etc, who of course they have no plans for, but if they did bring back would obviously renew ala Chaotix.

Edited by Pawn

Still not sold on the gameplay/level design. Though the story looks solid though.

And Artfenix, Tails wasn't being useless baggage. What happens when Sonic gets hit by a laser? He loses his rings and is temporarily stunned. Same thing with Tails, except Sonic was on-hand to rescue him. Really quite simple.

OK). I'll leave it alone but I still don't believe Tails will be of much more use than in Colors or Generations. I dare the game to prove me wrong though)).

"-Host asks about reviving any of the forgotten characters, Iizuka says that they are busy working on the revival of the IP, outright states they'd be renewed (as in treated as new characters without prior history) and not just transitioned back as if. No plans to bring them back at the moment. Iizuka himself seems to mention the Chaotix (as an example?), although the translator didn't."

Summer of Sonic interview - taken from the Summer of Sonic 2013 SSMB board [p27].

He was referring to characters like Mighty and and Fang, not the whole cast.

Edited by Amomynous