Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

He fought them. That is a fact. It doesn't matter what level it was and it sure doesn't matter if the level was a clusterfuck or not. Guys. We're talking lore here, not game design/graphics/gameplay.

I guess that would matter if Sonic 06 actually happened. Edited by Ben Tennyson

I just wanna say one thing: If we're talking lore here, ArtFenix, then 06 should be completely out of the question. Its events are not canon.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Dolan Duck
  • Thumbs Up 6

I just wanna say one thing: If we're talking lore here, ArtFenix, then 06 should be completely out of the question. Its events are not canon.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Maybe not lore but character. Character behavior, whatever the heck it is. I'm not sure I can find the right word for that but I do know you know what I mean.

Maybe the one that is literally darkness personified, and not the robot ladybug.

.....sigh. There were, like, dozens more robots and you took the most harmless? Ok. This is starting to look like you're strugling to fight a decent counter-argument to my point. I said everything I wanted.

Edited by ArtFenix

He fought them. That is a fact. It doesn't matter what level it was and it sure doesn't matter if the level was a clusterfuck or not. Guys. We're talking lore here, not game design/graphics/gameplay.

But his game-play sucked in 06 and we don't see him killing any demons without the game-play, he had dummy ring bombs not a useful move if i do say so myself and what do you mean by lore exactly I'm confused?

OK, if we going by Lore then, that mean Tails never fought because 06 WAS ERASED FROM THE TIMELINE!

Maybe not lore but character. Character behavior, whatever the heck it is. I'm not sure I can find the right word for that but I do know you know what I mean.

.....sigh. There were, like, dozens more robots and you took the most harmless? Ok. This is starting to look like you're strugling to fight a decent counter-argument to my point. I said everything I wanted.

Dude.... you are using Sonic 06 to make a point, and you are talking about struggling with a decent counter-argument...

Regarding Tails helping Sonic fight.

Sonic-Unleashed-Tornado-Defence-Act-1-S-

Does this not count?

UUUUUGH...Airplane Simon says, always hated that section (This coming from someone who didn't mind the Werehog).

Edited by 743 ED Missile

Of course it doesn't! He's in an airplane and therefore isn't using his physical strength! A REAL friend would jump out and actually get his hands dirty.

... :|

But if that happened the plane would crash and eggman would have already won

Has there ever been a game were eggman has won ending the game

But if that happened the plane would crash and eggman would have already wonHas there ever been a game were eggman has won ending the game
Datz da joke.... And yes, Sonic Riders.

Chaos 4 sucked so hard, why did we have to face this guy three times why?

Since you mentioned this, I'll change the subject for the moment.

I'll write it here since I don't think this is worth as a thread so, any of you have any expectation regarding bosses?

Past bosses of recent games didn't present any challenge at all, and I'm hoping Sonic Team to change that, if not at least, refined a little more.

With this new gameplay they could implement new ideas as well, from using parkour to navigate the area, or even climbing the boss itself (in case they were robots, I suppose), to using the wisps as a form of attack rather than a power-up that could beat the boss with just two hits.

Just throwing generic ideas that came to my mind while I was thinking about it.

And last, make a fight in a field that is wide open, this would enhance the possibilities.

Anything really, as long as they don't use the chase style again. They were so limited in that respect. Personally, I didn't like them since Heroes and I don't think I'd like them if they appear once again.

...thoughts?

Personally I don't mind the chase bosses, granted it shouldn't be every boss, but it isn't a bad concept imo.

It looks like the fight with Zazz will involve chasing him, and perhaps even him chasing you?

In any case, I'm sure the bosses will be enjoyable, I just hope they're at least somewhat challenging.

Give 'em more hit points than most of the bosses in the past few games and make sure they're fun fights, and I'll be happy.

I hope all the boss attack patterns will be diverse and a lot more thought put into it than colours's bosses Rotatron & Refreshinator, Frigate Skullian and Orcan, Admiral Jelly and Captain Jellybean all easy and harder versions of themselves...

Datz da joke.... And yes, Sonic Riders.
A flying Carpet not exactly a victory more like a humiliation

I hope all the boss attack patterns will be diverse and a lot more thought put into it than colours's bosses Rotatron & Refreshinator, Frigate Skullian and Orcan, Admiral Jelly and Captain Jellybean all easy and harder versions of themselves... A flying Carpet not exactly a victory more like a humiliation
Either way... He still got what he wanted :P

Certainly more action oriented than now. No argument here, I hope?

Nooot really. Tails` expertise was always in machines and tech, now having a more active role in the plot sure but not really fighting on par with Sonic.

About the whole discussion about Tails not jumping into action, remember what he said? Remember that Sonic decided to be impulsive and fucked up? Yeah, doesn't look like a good idea to jump in, make things worse or even get blasted to hell like he almost was.

And speaking of the adventure games, yes, Tails made some cool stuff while there, chasing Eggman, rescuing Sonic from prision, fighting Eggman on his own, helping Sonic on running away from the cops, finding the president... Wait a minute... Did you see the patern? No? Well lets dig into this a bit more, shall we? Where was Sonic when Eggman dropped that bomb on Station Square which ended up in a chase and Tails' final boss? Away, going to Eggman's lab. Where was Sonic when Tails was fighting his way in prision Island? Stuck on said prision. Where was Sonic when Tails went to chase the president? Running away from the cops, after changing places with Tails, who was doing the same moments ago, and where was Sonic when Tails fought Eggman? Oh yeah, DEAD... Well, almost... In 06 he was dead when Tails fought the demons, though...

Thing is: Tails will take action, but only when Sonic isn't there to do it himself, or, like in Adventure 2 and 06, he's dead and Tails is either angry enough to beat the shit out of Robotnik, or full of determination to save his friend from dying, even if it means going through hell and back to collect a Chaos Emerald.

Now lets see in the modern Era... Unleashed: Tails was about to get killed by Dark Gaia's minions, he had no reason to fight them, probably didn't even know what they were, and take into account they have nightmarish powers, so who knows? Kid was probably facing his worst nightmare.

Sonic Colors, Tails was never on the levels with Sonic, he probably was either working on the Translator, investigating the situation on the park, or probably just shopping and not caring for Sonic trying to show off.

Now In Lost World we have Tails saying something akin to ''Dude, don't do anything stupid, we have like, a mini army of Badniks, seven demons and Eggman all at the same place'', and Sonic screwed up faster than you can say ''Fuck my life'', and considering how almost no one reacted to the attack, its safe to assume everything happened REALLY fast, with only Sonic being able to keep up with everything, and Tails not even having time to facepalm at Sonic screwing up big time.

Now before you say that Tails was really a scaredy cat on the Unleashed cutscene by saying he faced worse... Let me just remember that all these times he did so, he either was doing it because he felt like he needed since Sonic couldn't, was trying to save Sonic, or avenging him, or was with Sonic all the time, just like Metal Overlord.

• Thumbs Up 4

But you'd think that all of the experience you just named would ultimately culminate in his ability to take the same actions he has before under a wider range of circumstances. His confidence shot up between Adventure to Adventure 2 alone, and that was because he was presumably developing into a hero that was both competent and capable of fighting independently without the entire world being on his shoulders or Sonic being a deciding factor into why he was fighting. Granted, it would help tons if he was actually playable. That's really the only reason they've relegated his support role into what it is today.

• Thumbs Up 1

But you'd think that all of the experience you just named would ultimately culminate in his ability to take the same actions he has before under a wider range of circumstances. His confidence shot up between Adventure to Adventure 2 alone, and that was because he was presumably developing into a hero that was both competent and capable of fighting independently without the entire world being on his shoulders or Sonic being a deciding factor into why he was fighting. Granted, it would help tons if he was actually playable. That's really the only reason they've relegated his support role into what it is today.

Thing is, you could say that while he had his moments of development in the Adventures, he spent all the games right after those either on Sonic's side doing nothing or fighting alongside Sonic, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say that he got used to fighting alongside someone or just helping with his tech and knowleadge after the Adventure Series.

I don't think settling back down into a specific role would necessarily undermine the confidence boost he gained in Adventure 2 or the natural development path that he was heading down. I'm even a little incredulous about the idea of him being completely terrified of non-Eggman enemies, considering his point of view in Adventure had him beating the snot out of Chaos in various forms.

There's also Sonic 4 where Tails was literally at Sonic's side and performed 69 with him and flew through dangerous locations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though their not playable, I really hope that at the very least, Tails(, Knuckles and Amy if they appear) actually do some fighting or something in cutscenes instead of standing around talking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think settling back down into a specific role would necessarily undermine the confidence boost he gained in Adventure 2 or the natural development path that he was heading down. I'm even a little incredulous about the idea of him being completely terrified of non-Eggman enemies, considering his point of view in Adventure had him beating the snot out of Chaos in various forms.

I don't think the point of views on Adventure are very reliable, considering how apparently everyone and their dog fought Chaos 4 and how Sonic and Tails fought Gamma and defeated him, but Gamma also defeated Sonic and Tails never did a thing on the fight according to his point of view... And then there's Eggman fighting Tails at the same time he's fighting Sonic... I think at that point someone on Sonic Team just stopped caring.

I don't think the viewpoints are unreliable but are just that: viewpoints. The end result of each boss interaction is shown in the cutscenes afterward, and who was getting the upper hand during the fight just doesn't ultimately matter. Gamma lost for sure. Sonic and Tails beat Chaos together. Sonic and Knuckles tied and were subsequently interrupted by Eggman, and so on.