Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I don't see how a walk trigger would make more sense.  How many games have you played where you need to hold a button to move slower/move at walking speed where the faster, running speed is the norm?  I can't think of any to be perfectly honest.  On the other hand, a run button is something that's been done in platformers before.  It hasn't been done in a Sonic game sure, but it's not too uncommon a concept in platformers or even games in general (heck even Call of Freakin Duty has a run button).

The whole Tomb Raider series had running as a norm and a walk button for counting your steps when you want to make a jump. The newer games added another sprint button for even more speed when you want it. I can see it working perfectly.

Running speed norm.

Walk button when you want to go slow and platform with Sonic.

Sprint button for Parkour when you want to climb on that damn tree.

The whole Tomb Raider series had running as a norm and a walk button for counting your steps when you want to make a jump. The newer games added another sprint button for even more speed when you want it. I can see it working perfectly.

Running speed norm.

Walk button when you want to go slow and platform with Sonic.

Sprint button for Parkour when you want to climb on that damn tree.

I still fail to see how that would make more sense than a run button.  Especially since, as I said, the concept of a run button is a much more common one than a walk button.  Not to mention the control scheme you've highlighted only makes things more complicated because you've split from 3 speed tiers to 4.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

They are not 4 tiers. Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant was that the Sprint button activates Parkour as well as you know... Extra speed.

Normally people will be running most of the time.

There will be times where you want to slow down for platforming.

There will be times you'll need Parkour for platforming.

So you'll be using Parkour or Walking at certain places. For the rest, you'll be running. Unless this game is platforming from start to finish, you will be using regular run most of the time. It only makes sense that the MOST USED state should be the one that takes no extra button presses.

Well, this doesn't go for Unleashed or Gen.. Because that would mean we'd be stuck in perma boost and press a button to slow down. In that sense you are right, it doesn't make sense. But this is Lost World, not Generations.

Edited by sayi50
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't know if anyone else pointed it out but at the beginning of Windy Hill you can see Tails plane fly off, that's pretty neat... it starts at 1:27

http://youtu.be/Jf7YP-Ff2Jg?t=1m27s

maybe he picks you up at the end of the level since sonic is pretty much stranded at the end of the level lolz

Edited by AceZX
  • Thumbs Up 8

This demo looks incredibly fleshed out since the original E3 demo, just look at all those animal capture pods that weren't there before! The attention to detail in this game continues to impress me.

Okay, that's a nice detail. I'm guessing we'll get an opening with Sonic and Tails flying to Lost Hex or something, or maybe it'll just start out in Windy Hill. Honestly, I'm kind of hoping for the former. The "throw us right into gameplay" thing was sorta cool n Colours and especially Generations considering the whole retro throwback thing, but eh.

Oh, and this makes me think that face...thing at the end of the honeycomb level being in the 2D desert level has an explanation after all. Something probably happens to it in a cutscene or something after the honeycomb level.

All my money if Zavok uses his strength to toss it at Sonic escaping on the Tornado with Tails.

I guess Sonic falling onto it, causes it to fall through the forest and into the desert too would be cool.

Or there could be more than one of these faces? Hard to tell since this game is so unpredictable in terms of design and story anyway.

Hmm, it could be a recurring element (perhaps in Desert Ruins overall, or perhaps the entire game), but to me, it seems...out of place(?) in the 2D Desert Ruins level. I think it's more likely it ended up there somehow. But yeah, it's hard to predict stuff when it comes to this game. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know if anyone else pointed it out but at the beginning of Windy Hill you can see Tails plane fly off, that's pretty neat... it starts at 1:27

http://youtu.be/Jf7YP-Ff2Jg?t=1m27s

maybe he picks you up at the end of the level since sonic is pretty much stranded at the end of the level lolz

Random observation but wow that guy sucks at the game lol.

But yeah that is a really cool detail. I wonder if the opening cutscene (if there is one) shows Sonic and Tails flying through the skies of Earth/Sonic's World/Mobius/whatever floats your boat and discovering Lost Hex in the sky. 

Pipe dream: The opening cut scene is a CGI scene that shows Sonic beating up a legion of badniks Unleashed-opening style, and his escape is jumping on the Tornado and flying away with Tails, and as they are flying they discover Lost Hex and decide to explore it. 

Pipe dream: The opening cut scene is a CGI scene that shows Sonic beating up a legion of badniks Unleashed-opening style, and his escape is jumping on the Tornado and flying away with Tails, and as they are flying they discover Lost Hex and decide to explore it. 

I doubt we'll see a CGI opening of the same level as in Shth-S06-Unleashed. I doubt we'll even get a CGI opening this time.

I know you were dreaming.. Sorry for destroying your dreams:(

We've literally gone one game without a CG opening. 

Even then Colour's CG opening was not as good as Unleashed's. I mean I do really like Colour's opening but Unleashed just takes the cake.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know how Unleashed's CG opening being better invalidates Color's CG opening. 

The fact thet we still don't know if SLW is even going to have a theme song just adds to the feeling that there won't be a CGI opening. I guess we'd have seen some bits from it by now and heard something from the theme song. We haven't.

Edited by ArtFenix

Well, Unleashed's opening also doubled as the actual first cutscene, while Colours' was more like Adventure, SA2:B's, Riders, etc. where it isn't actually a cutscene, just an intro to the game. I prefer how Unleashed did it, not that the other intros are bad (least of all the awesomeness that is Riders' opening, hnnnnnnngh).

I don't know how Unleashed's CG opening being better invalidates Color's CG opening. 

It doesn't. I just want a CG opening as good as Unleashed again. 

The fact thet we still don't know if SLW is even going to have a theme song just adds to the feeling that there won't be a CGI opening. I guess we'd seen some bits from it by now and heard something from the theme song. We haven't.

We saw CG footage in the very first trailer. 

We saw CG footage in the very first trailer. 

For all we know, it could just be promotional footage Marza whipped up for trailers just like in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unleashed's opening was just about the most fun a cutscene from this franchise has been, but I don't think it would make sense to front-load the action the same way in a game like Lost World. The opening cutscene (or the first cutscene after the probable opening musical montage thing) will probably reflect that first teaser image we got: adventure, mystery, an emphasis on the bigness and weirdness of Lost Hex, but probably not a bunch of robots getting exploded.

(I'd still be grateful if we got that later)