Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Don't know if anyone else pointed it out but at the beginning of Windy Hill you can see Tails plane fly off, that's pretty neat... it starts at 1:27

http://youtu.be/Jf7YP-Ff2Jg?t=1m27s

maybe he picks you up at the end of the level since sonic is pretty much stranded at the end of the level lolz

From the way tails driving the plane, he look like he gonna crash land or something like Sonic Adventure.

In the first level of SA1, you need to find tails (Or just reach the end of the level) so maybe Sonic is chasing the plane through out the stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

For all we know, it could just be promotional footage Marza whipped up for trailers just like in Generations.

Or it could be like Colors and we could be seeing part of the intro. Who knows? 

From the way tails driving the plane, he look like he gonna crash land or something like Sonic Adventure.

In the first level of SA1, you need to find tails (Or just reach the end of the level) so maybe Sonic is chasing the plane through out the stage.

Ha, that's a good point actually. Maybe the plane is attacked (by the Deadly Six? badniks?) when they arrive at Lost Hex.

For all we know, it could just be promotional footage Marza whipped up for trailers just like in Generations.

Yup. To support that I'll say that we've been getting the same darn bits of CGI stuff since the very first trailer. Not a second of new CGI footage.

Except...all the CGI we've seen so far seems like it's little glimpses of something bigger. That's how it seems to me, anyway.

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Or maybe SEGA don't plan on releasing all the cutscenes before release and are keeping them a secret for people who buy the game on release? Got to love all this baseless assumptions that the game won't have any CGI footage or an intro lmao.

• Thumbs Up 9

I don't think the CG all being the same stuff really means anything either way. After all, right before Generations was released we got that brand-new shot of the Sonics and Tailses and the Time Eater, and that never amounted to anything.

Or it could be like Colors and we could be seeing part of the intro. Who knows? 

I'm not saying there won't be any CGI. We've only seen 1 cutscene, after all. I'm just saying we might or we might not. Just don't get your hopes too high.

I'm not saying there won't be any CGI. We've only seen 1 cutscene, after all. I'm just saying we might or we might not. Just don't get your hopes too high.

It's funny how 10 years ago there was literally a TON of CGI cutscenes in Sonic games despite the technology being inferior to what we have now (it was also more expensive to produce those than now).

It's funny how 10 years ago there was literally a TON of CGI cutscenes in Sonic games despite the technology being inferior to what we have now (it was also more expensive to produce those than now).

The only game I remember having more than around 2 is Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, and those scenes weren't particularly fun to watch either.

I will admit that Shadow the Hedgehog had some damn good looking CG though.  

'06 had about...four/five, I think? All three of the hedgehog's intros was in CGI, and I'm almost certain the last story had at least one.

EDIT: Basically they just use CGI for the most important cutscenes, which makes sense. For example, in Riders it was the opening, the ending (the last story's ending, to be specific), and the cutscene where the Sky Babylon or whatever it was called rose from the ground.

Now I'm imagining the pre-Time Eater cutscene in CGI. *sobs*

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 2

The only game I remember having more than around 2 is Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, and those scenes weren't particularly fun to watch either.

I will admit that Shadow the Hedgehog had some damn good looking CG though.  

Riders 1 had some as well 

Quite honestly....

I don't give a fuck about CGI in games. Save that time for making a Sonic movie or a short like Night of the Werehog. CGI in games has always been pretty stupid for me because most of the time the stuff you do see in CGI you can't even do in-game...

I don't see why this is such a deal breaker in a SONIC game. Not like we are playing Metal Gear here.

Man I couldn't care less about CG. Y'know what I wanna see? In-engine cutscenes that transition smoothly into gameplay. Sorta like this.

Same here...I think CGI takes away from the immersion into a game sometimes because the CGI can be polarizing toward the game. The Unleashed opening is a good example....because the game didn't live up to the opening cinematic. 

Now if its well balanced CGI and it was in the game anyway...all fine and dandy...pretty thing to look at! Yay! But I don't see how this effects the overall quality of the game or why it matters.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5

Man I couldn't care less about CG. Y'know what I wanna see? In-engine cutscenes that transition smoothly into gameplay. Sorta like this.

both.png

Why can't we have great-looking in-game cutscenes with smooth gameplay transitions along with a few amazing looking CG scenes?  

• Thumbs Up 6

You can.

I just don't care.

I do..................

But fair enough I suppose. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

both.png

Why can't we have great-looking in-game cutscenes with smooth gameplay transitions along with a few amazing looking CG scenes?  

And there nothing wrong with that, but at the same time I don't see why is such a IMPORTANT MATTER that effects the overall enjoyment of the game. Most of the time a game that has pretty looking CGI is trying to compensate for something.

I don't care if we have both....what I saying is that there no NEED to have both...I'm not playing a Sonic game to look at pretty backgrounds and scenes that I can't even play. I'd much rather they focus all that energy making a Sonic "Advent Children" movie which would be far more awesome than 30 seconds or more CGI that doesn't matter.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

As long we don't mix In-game and GCI in this game, I'll be fine .... like really, if you play Final Fantasy X, you can see how awkward it is... well, to me it is.

And there nothing wrong with that, but at the same time I don't see why is such a IMPORTANT MATTER that effects the overall enjoyment of the game. Most of the time a game that has pretty looking.

I don't care if we have both....what I saying is that there no NEED to have both...I'm not playing a Sonic game to look at pretty backgrounds and scenes that I can't even play.

I never said it was a major factor of enjoyment, I just think it's something nice to have. I'll still enjoy Lost World a lot if it has no CG but I will miss having said CG. 

What is with this stigma that if its not needed, that it just shouldn't be there? 

I don't remember anyone saying CG cutscenes are a necessity, or are a vital part of a game's visual experience but something are simply nice to have and look at. Can we have something that's simply pretty to look at? I mean god people, I know some don't care but some do and I don't like the seemingly dismissive attitude towards the people that do care.

I never said it was a major factor of enjoyment, I just think it's something nice to have. I'll still enjoy Lost World a lot if it has no CG but I will miss having said CG. 

Well like in Dio's case I just don't care myself. But there are people blowing this out of proportion making it sound like some sort of tragic drama that there is no CGI in the game...and I mean hell we don't even know that for sure 100% so the baseless assumptions is just stirring a pot that doesn't need to be stirred. Its that simple.

What is with this stigma that if its not needed, that it just shouldn't be there? 

....Who actually said this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Who exactly is saying this?

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Dizcrybe

What is this stigma that I have to acquiesce to every demand that doesn't explicitly contradict what I want?

I don't want it. You might want it. You're allowed to want it. That doesn't mean I have to give the slightest of shits about it.

• Thumbs Up 9