Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

What is with this stigma that if its not needed, that it just shouldn't be there? 

What is with this stigma that, if you say something as simple as "I don't particularly care about this aspect of the games to the point where it's a dealbreaker, but I'm not asking for it to NOT be included", you're asking for it to never happen again, ever?

EDIT: I was too slow and Dio said it better anyway, dammit. :U

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 4

Ok, no one actually did say that and I'll admit I made an assumption off nothing, but nobody but Artfenix was really making a big deal out of CG cutscenes, and even then its less "NO CG CUTSCENES, RUINED FOREVER" and more "I kinda wish they'd have more CG cutscences".

Yet, most of the replies since then just seem to be exaggerating it to monumental proportions. We just want more CG cut-scenes people, no one said the game is gonna be terrible without it. :P

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

A playable demo with new levels and a new trailer + screenshots will be at Gamescom next week: http://blogs.sega.com/2013/08/15/join-us-at-gamescom-2013-play-games-win-swag/

The demo can be found at the Nintendo booth. I'll be going there, I might record some footage with my phone if possible. If I do, you'll all be able to complain about how I don't have steady hands. =P

At the very least I'll post my impressions on Sonic Retro.

Edited by TimmiT

10 bucks its going to be the levels present at sonic boom aka for the 3DS frozen factory 1 and desert ruins 1. Probably a trailer on the chaos emeralds. and screens

Now I'm starting to get worried that they will show too much of the game, like with Sonic Generations where they pretty much showed off the full game..............

'A minty new trailer' deadly six or meet the characters trailer also If they are saying new levels then I guess there will be either from sonic boom's event or a silent forest act 1 and frozen factory snow level on Wii U

10 bucks its going to be the levels present at sonic boom aka for the 3DS frozen factory 1 and desert ruins 1. Probably a trailer on the chaos emeralds. and screens

The blog post specifically says that the levels are new and Sonic games had new demos at Gamescom in previous years. You're going to owe me ten bucks.

Now I'm starting to get worried that they will show too much of the game, like with Sonic Generations where they pretty much showed off the full game..............

This is why i'm barely visiting this thread any more, just some of the things being said is just making me want to pull my hair and scream so I'm forced to say something lmao.

Yeah, I think I've seen enough of the game now. I'll probably avoid this thread from now on. I've got 2 games coming this month to keep me occupied for a while anyway.

I'm going to watch all the cutscenes as soon as they become available because I'm terrible at avoiding spoilers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ill try my hardest to buy Lost World as soon as I can so giving in to spoilers won't be a pain for me.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

I want to say I won't spoil the cutscenes...but I might just do so, assuming I don't have a Wii U in time. D; Seriously, I'm terrible at resisting temptation when it comes to this sort of thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm probably gonna spoil myself to the Wii U version (As I don't have one), but try to avoid the 3DS footage.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, I just don't care for spoilers. In fact, they usually just make me want the work even more, exciting my inherent desire to learn how things go down.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to watch all the information posted and then flip out on them for making me click on the spoilers!

I won't flip out, that would just be silly.

Edited by Briraka

Probably going to stop looking at new Sonic Lost World stuff after Gamescom too. Lost World has a lot more different levels than Generations and Colours though.

A new trailer next week at Gamescom? As well as new levels being shown? AWESOME! I can't wait for Gamescom to begin! I wonder if they'll show off that water level?

On the subject of cutscenes again... What if instead of getting stuff like Unleashed's intro, we got hand drawn animation like Sonic Rider's original opening? I miss that sort of approach too because that one intro proceeds to be one of my favourite Sonic game introductions ever.

Don't get me wrong I love the CGI cutscenes, but having seen the art style SLW goes for, I think it'd be really awesome if the main mega cutscenes were actually hand drawn animation tongue.png

That would be awesome. It'll be like watching a Sonic anime with GOOD animation.

On the subject of cutscenes again... What if instead of getting stuff like Unleashed's intro, we got hand drawn animation like Sonic Rider's original opening? I miss that sort of approach too because that one intro proceeds to be one of my favourite Sonic game introductions ever.

Don't get me wrong I love the CGI cutscenes, but having seen the art style SLW goes for, I think it'd be really awesome if the main mega cutscenes were actually hand drawn animation tongue.png

As much as I'd like a 2D animated intro, I very much doubt that that'd actually happen.