Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I'd love to see another 2D animated intro.  The Sonic Riders intro to me still remains to be one of my favourite intros in the series.  It's beautiful, fluid and stylish.  And don't even get me started on how the Sonic CD intro is the greatest thing ever.  That goes without saying XD

Well the reason why I brought up that fact is because Sonic Riders took a completely different art style compared to games around it's time, and the same can be said about SLW so it would be awesome if it got a completely different look when it comes to main cutscenes that would normally be in CGI.

Wishful thinking of course, but damn it would be awesome...

On the subject of cutscenes again... What if instead of getting stuff like Unleashed's intro, we got hand drawn animation like Sonic Rider's original opening? I miss that sort of approach too because that one intro proceeds to be one of my favourite Sonic game introductions ever.

Don't get me wrong I love the CGI cutscenes, but having seen the art style SLW goes for, I think it'd be really awesome if the main mega cutscenes were actually hand drawn animation tongue.png

Agreed. That opening cutscene was just so awesome. It would be neat to see the cutscenes made the way the opening Sonic Riders cutscene was made.

Wait, Sonic has spoilers :V?

Spoilers doesn't just have to mean story. It's nice to go into a game without completely knowing what every single stage is like already. ;)

Plot twist: AMY Kidnaps Metal to make Sonic go after Metal to save her...omg! Metals creator is Amy Rose!

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey guys, you'll never guess what i just realised! Well, the flickies are collectibles now, right? And according to staff, the flickies will have a purpose in the game, right? They'll be used to unlock features in the game? Well, what have past games used animals for?

Yeah guys. That's right.

Tails is using Sonic's animal friends as living batteries for his helper robots.

As a tribute to Sonic 3D Blast, Tails should steal Sonic's spare change if you stand next to him. Man I want to see more of that underwater stage, even the Mine Cart one looked pretty fun.

Hey guys, you'll never guess what i just realised! Well, the flickies are collectibles now, right? And according to staff, the flickies will have a purpose in the game, right? They'll be used to unlock features in the game? Well, what have past games used animals for?

Yeah guys. That's right.

Tails is using Sonic's animal friends as living batteries for his helper robots.

Seriously though i at least expect a nod to Eggman's use of hamster power in his robots

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since this is kinda like the megathread, and since Swiss did post his artwork and we haven't had much music around the corner and nobody visits my music thread or the Lost World one, I guess it's justifiable that I post this here.

http://youtu.be/ckr0N4DJ43c

A Windy Hill remix contest was conducted by SonicsChannel recently and I whipped up this quickly just before the deadline which is tomorrow! 

Being the cool guy I am, I decided to combine both the Windy Hill themes. Yeah know, since SA's Windy Valley 1's song was called Windy Hill. i am ashamed of you if you did not know that. cos adventure ost is awesome. 

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/memories-for-windy-hill

In case any of you want to download it, there. 192kbps MP3, ya can approach me if ya need a higher quality version for... some reason.

In case you are a musician, yes there's a blue note in Windy Hill Lost World for artistic reasons, and I did not emulate it well. It doesn't sound too noticeable, but it's not perfect. I haven't mastered pitchbending or stuff like that so yeah. The blue note is F#/G or somewhere between lol. I went with F# as I had written new chords and all that for this medley to work so yeah. It's not in the whole of the song, don't worry but yeah. If anyone finds this FAR too annoying, I may touch it up when I become better. Thanks to Can of Nothing for giving me some of the musical knowledge regarding this. 

Anyways, hope ya guys like it!

Woah, wait a minute, guys, I've just realized sutin.... There's no air dash in this game!

Wait, oh yeah. :I

I kinda liked the airboost and the homing attack but parkour over everything so no issue with me.

• Thumbs Up 8

Woah, wait a minute, guys, I've just realized sutin.... There's no air dash in this game!

There wasn't one in Colors either.

An Anime opening by Production IG again or even BONES would be amaaaazzzzing. But it's not gonna happen since we would've seen an awesome intro by now, surely. Same goes for the main theme, we haven't heard anything yet but by now we should!

• Thumbs Up 3

There wasn't one in Colors either.

Actually there was, you just needed the boost gauge to be empty in order to use it.

That's still technically an "air boost" the "air dash" is non aimed homing attack, useful for extending jump distance just a little and nothing else. Useful more in a 2D environment than a 3D one.

An Anime opening by Production IG again or even BONES would be amaaaazzzzing. But it's not gonna happen since we would've seen an awesome intro by now, surely. Same goes for the main theme, we haven't heard anything yet but by now we should!

We have heard the main theme...briefly though in the nintendo direct dated on August 7, 2013 when the 3ds footage starts. I'll post a link when I get on my computer. No there are no vocals, but it's definitely the main theme.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUtLcxRAkk Make sure to watch the whole video.

Edited by Sunic Man

That's still technically an "air boost" the "air dash" is non aimed homing attack, useful for extending jump distance just a little and nothing else. Useful more in a 2D environment than a 3D one.

That's what he was talking about, though. When the boost meter is down, it turns from an air boost into an air dash.

Oh god, I would love for an animated opening cutscene for this game. But, I don't see it happening. But if it did, I would be quite happy.

Air dash: Really short dash, only increasing jump distance a tiny bit from not homing on to anything, still spinning ball. Doesn't carry momentum, just gets you little more distance for platforming. "Air dash"(in Colors)Increased forward air movement while uncurling. Good for getting boost of speed after a slow start. Not good for slower platforming sections.

Air dash: Really short dash, only increasing jump distance a tiny bit from not homing on to anything, still spinning ball. Doesn't carry momentum, just gets you little more distance for platforming.

"Air dash"(in Colors)Increased forward air movement while uncurling. Good for getting boost of speed after a slow start. Not good for slower platforming sections.

You forgot that it occasionally saves you from falling to your death. Yes, I know, the double jump makes it obsolete in that regard, but I prefer a light speed mid air boost over a floaty one.

Edited by Auto

Hogfather posted this in the Joyopolis thread:

Anyway, heres the event in full.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jQQNK0p0wk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fLNMkzGJTw

The second part is mainly Lost World news. Including what sounds like the main title theme to the game, not sure if thats been heard yet.

Gameplay of lost world is shown, both Wii U and 3DS, none of it is unseen.

Considering it's the theme that plays after you complete the level and it has more parts than we have heard so far. I'd go ahead and assume that is the main theme. Though whether that is just the menu theme like with Colors and there is a vocal version we haven't heard yet remains to be seen.